Historic Onesto Event Center

Up to 270 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6k - $7k For 100 Guests
Up to 270 guests

The Historic Onesto Event Center is an upscale wedding venue located in Canton, Ohio. The 12-story hotel was originally built in 1930 by the hotelier Francis A. Onesto, where it was the premier destination for travelers to Canton. After standing empty for 35 years, the building was lovingly renovated in 2014 and reopened as a venue and loft apartments. The property now combines the best of old-world charm and elegance with modern and convenient amenities. It welcomes couples into its event spaces to celebrate the most romantic day of their lives surrounded by luxury.

Facilities and Capacity
Upon entering the Historic Onesto Event Center, visitors will first ascend the Travertine marble staircase to the impressive lobby. This breathtaking entranceway boasts terrazzo flooring, marble walls and benches, American walnut woodwork, large windows, and cathedral ceilings with Italian Renaissance ornamental relief. Complete with a bar and seating area, this beautiful hall is ideal for socializing with guests, enjoying cake, and hosting a cocktail hour. From here, guests will find the Grand Ballroom, which features maple and mahogany hardwood floors and a sparkling chandelier. Accommodating up to 275 guests for dinner and dancing, this room is ideal for celebrations both large and small. For ceremonies, couples are welcome to use the Old Stone Chapel, situated just down the street. This stunning chapel is replete with marble walkways, stained glass windows, vaulted ceilings, and polished stone floors.

Packages at the Historic Onesto Event Center include a pre-tour meeting during which a wedding planner will sit down with couples to discuss their visions. During this consultation, the coordinator will go over budgets, traditions, and expectations for the big day. Afterward, the soon-to-be-newlyweds can tour the storied facility, while the wedding planner will make vendor recommendations and help with organizing the event. Unlike other venues, this center does not need much in the way of décor, as it comes with chic and ornate accents already built in. A ceremony rehearsal will be provided, and on the day of the staff will manage guest arrivals and coordinate pickup and dropoff times with vendors. Their goal is to create an experience where the newlyweds can savor their joyful, relaxing, and stress-free day of love.

Now booking 2023-2024

Ask to find out specific dates available!

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$6,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$5,200

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,200

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,200

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Lighting/Sound
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$28

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Bar Services
Catering Services
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Chairs
Drapery
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March

Rebekah S. Married on 12/11/2021

Incredible!

I don't think we will ever be able to put into words how happy we were with the Historic Onesto Event Center. Not only is the venue absolutely beautiful, the staff is to die for. SO accomodating, so understanding, & most of all, so encouraging. Jerrica eased my stress & anxieties in ways that she probably doesn't even know about, but her heart is what stood out from the rest. As soon as Corey & I stepped foot into the venue, we knew it was where we were meant to be married. And once meeting Jerrica, I knew that she would have my back until the day of, & I was not wrong. Every single part of our wedding day went smoothly, with limited stress, outside of the normal nerves. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place, or people, to celebrate the most memorable moment of our lives. We would recommend this venue to anyone & everyone 💛

Historic Onesto Event Center's reply:

Working with you and Corey was incredibly enjoyable for our staff as well. We could not be more thrilled to hear that you had the best day ever. That is always what we strive for. Thank you for trusting us on such a special day. Wishing you a life full of all the happiness you can handle!
  • Pam
    Pam Married on 11/20/2021

Historic and Romantic Venue

We had our wedding at The Onesto recently and it was a dream come true. We had both our ceremony and reception there with cocktail hour being in the lobby while the room was flipped for the reception. The girls that run the venue are AMAZING.

We also rented both rooms they offer to get ready in and the beauty and size of the rooms is hard to describe. Our makeup artists, hair stylists, photographers and videographer couldn’t believe how much space we had to move around and get ready. It made the day so stress-free being able to just chill at the venue and have everyone (including the groom and groomsmen) on site. The rooms are uniquely placed so that it’s almost difficult to run into each other at any point while getting ready. We also chose to stay in one of the rooms the night of the wedding which was awesome. My girls and I stayed the night before the wedding and it was so fun to have the space to finish up anything we needed. Ok enough about the rooms and back to the actual wedding…

The venue is so beautiful on its own that very little is needed for the ceremony and cocktail hour decor. Guests walk in to a pretty stairwell and enter into the lobby which has ornate ceilings that make you just feel the history of the building immediately. The ballroom is a good size for plenty of tables and a large dance floor. Now onto the staff…

I can’t say enough about how awesome the staff here was to us. When we met the month before the wedding if I hadn’t thought of something, they had. It is clear when you meet with them that they know what they’re doing. They are so on top of everything and help make sure your day goes exactly as you worked so hard to plan. They aren’t your wedding planner or coordinator, but they do help a lot where it’s needed and appropriate for them to help!

I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful indoor venue with a little history. I felt like it was the perfect romantic setting for our wedding and if I had to do it all over, I wouldn’t change a thing!

Historic Onesto Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for these incredibly kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with both you and Anthony. I am so grateful that you chose and trusted us to execute such an important day. Your Pittsburgh cookie table was second to none! I wish you both nothing but love and happiness!
    Erica G. Married on 11/20/2021

The most amazing experience!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would get lucky enough to have our wedding somewhere as incredible as the Onesto. Jerrica, Lynae, Heidi, and Colette were amazing, responsive, and flexible at every turn of the day. Actually, moreso with all of the planning, too! We had a couple of small hiccups throughout the day (that had nothing to do with the venue and were mostly the fault of having an 18 person bridal party that did not communicate well lol) but these women handled everything perfectly. Jerrica personally took sunset rooftop photos for us when we had a miscommunication with the photographer. Have you ever even heard of a wedding venue coordinator that trudged through the snow to get "the shot" with the sunset on her personal cell phone? They are now out FAVORITE wedding photos so far. Lynae made us feel so welcome and treated us like royalty throughout all of the planning process. Her constant support made everything feel so smooth and as if whatever happens, they could handle it for us. Heidi and I could be best friends in real life; she was the PERFECT amount of tough love to the bridal party when necessary, flexible and willing to decorate the chapel for me when I ran out of time (and it looked AMAZING), and texted back in seconds every time we needed her to. Colette is no nonsense "this is your day, what can I do to make it better than your wildest dreams" and did everything in her power to rectify hiccups we encountered. These women are a force to be reckoned with and I am so grateful to each and every one of them for all that they did for us to make our wedding a wild success. If you've read this far, just book them!!!

Historic Onesto Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Our staff was so happy to work with you and your families. It was such a wonderful day, and we all wish you many happy years ahead! Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Deals

Historic Onesto Event Center 1
Discount

Save 20% off of our venue rental price for all January, February and March dates.

Pricing

Team

Lynae Coon
Lynae Coon
Director of Operations

Lynae brings a passion for story and design to your special moments held at the Onesto Event Center and the Old Stone Chapel. Lynae’s flair for event planning is rooted in fashion and design, having earned a degree in Fashion Merchandising from Kent State University.

“The first time I set foot in the Onesto I could feel that it had a real story,” says Lynae. “The history here is so rich. I then learned that everything possible was done to restore this old hotel to its original state which gives it such a beautiful nostalgia.”

She recognizes that every event tells a story, too – whether it’s a wedding, business event or other celebration.

Lynae appreciates the facilities and their location. She enjoys giving tours to show guests the impressive details. “The lobby is majestic and breathtaking, while the bridal suites have such a special historic feel,” she says. “The views of downtown Canton from the suites are something that can’t be seen from anywhere else.”

“I am always enthusiastic about meeting with clients and sharing my passion for downtown Canton,” she adds.
Lynae is dedicated to helping you plan your special occasion to exceed your expectation and create an event you will remember forever.

Jerrica Grace
Jerrica Grace
Venue Manager

Jerrica is dedicated to bringing your vision to life! She provides all the planning and preparation guidance for weddings and events at the Onesto Event Center, as well as guest tours. “The first time I saw the Onesto, I was in awe of how beautiful the building is I felt important being here, and a part of such a special piece of history,” says Jerrica.

The grand lobby and the Ballroom are Jerrica’s favorite parts of the Onesto. She likes to “paint a picture to the hosts how to visualize themselves being introduced and having their first dance, speeches, cake cutting, special moments, and more.” Jerrica Grace also works with event hosts to create event timelines, design room layouts, help with vendor coordination and recommendations, and leads our Onesto staff to execute beautiful events.

Jerrica Grace dedicates herself to going above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect for our events. She believes it’s important to be thorough in meeting expectations and works to help our hosts organize successful events that create lasting memories. Jerrica goes beyond to provide an elevated customer experience, connecting with every host and making them feel as if she’s an extension of their family.

What’s Jerrica’s best day at work? “When I get to be a part of the entire process of planning an event,” she says. “It’s fulfilling to see an event come together. From the setup and decorating the venue to being the last person to say congratulations at the end of the night.”

Suite Elegance Entertainment Suite Elegance Entertainment Wedding Musicians

You cannot ask for a more beautiful city venue! The Historic Onesto is one of our favorite places to perform. The charm of the spaces available transport you to another place entirely. The staff does a great job of keeping things flowing, and we count The Onesto as one of our favorite places!

225 2nd Street NW Canton, OH, 44702
Location of (Historic Onesto Event Center)

Other vendors in Cleveland for your wedding

Wedding Venues