1325 Indiana Street Suite 301, San Francisco, CA 94107 Map · Phone number

About The Glamourist

The Glamourist is a hair and makeup business in San Francisco, California. Jane Kim likes an effortless, simple style with a clean design, but she can create any look or style you want on your wedding day. Jane will pamper you on your special day so you can sit back and relax.

The Glamourist offers several bundle hair and makeup packages and a la carte services. Her packages include hair and makeup, airbrush foundation, fake lashes, and a touch up kit. Jane can even travel with you from your ceremony to your reception to do hair and makeup changes, touch ups and act act your personal beauty attendant. She suggests a hair and makeup trial to ensure everything looks the way you envisioned and necessary changes can be made. She can provide hair and makeup services for you, your bridal party, junior bridesmaids and flower girls and family members.

Follow The Glamourist on

090909mt084
0422316JKedit

13 Reviews for The Glamourist

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

Jane Kim, the Glamourist, is amazing!!! I wanted to look my absolute best on my wedding day and she made that come true - I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day!!! She knows how to work with your features and bring out the best in you. And she is an absolute perfectionist, which I love! I also used her for my engagement pictures and they came out so gorgeous thanks to the flawless makeup and hair. If only I could get my makeup done by her every day! i highly recommend her.

Jina · Married on 08/02/2014

Jane Kim is incredible. She did my hair and make up for my wedding in August 2014 and for my bridal party.

I first met her at Blu Bungalow for a trial. I met up with a friend afterwards and she couldn't stop telling me how gorgeous it looked! I booked her Glamour Package (bonus: your trial cost is included in this package... woohoo!) since 1) I am very unfamiliar with hair/makeup, 2) I was going to change out of my wedding dress to a traditional Korean hanbok and back to my wedding dress and needed to change hair/makeup accordingly and 3) I knew it would be a hot day/I might cry.

Jane was very responsive to all of my e-mails and even met with me (free of charge!) several weeks before the wedding to trial airbrush foundation as I was curious whether this work for me.

On the day of the wedding, Jane and her assistant were right on time. She really worked her magic and everyone looked amazing! My guests told me numerous times how beautiful and natural I looked on my wedding day. Bonus - she used YSL 52 lipstick which I totally love! Thank you Jane! :)

In addition to making me look gorgeous, she was also able to change my hair and makeup quickly with each dress change. I wore a jokduri (Korean hairpiece) with my hanbok and she was able to change my hairstyle accordingly, then back into a style that was appropriate for my wedding dress for the reception. Not easy to do when you're trying to stay on schedule!

On top of everything, Jane has a wonderful personality and really helped me throughout the day. I was really nervous before my first look and she calmed me down, telling me how excited my husband-to-be would be when he saw me. She also tucked tissue in my bouquet before the ceremony in case I cried, carried and bustled my train for photos, gave me endless bottles of water to drink, and was just an all around rockstar.

Jane Kim is amazing and I am so glad I booked her for my wedding. I definitely recommend her for any event!

Candace · Married on 05/25/2014

Put simply, Jane is simply the best at what she does. She is super professional, knows weddings inside and out, and will make you look more fabulous than you ever thought possible. Not only that, if you opt for The Glamour Package, which includes personal attendant services, you will find Jane to be absolutely indispensable during your wedding. In addition to constantly touching up your hair and make-up, ensuring that you always look your absolute best for photos, Jane will keep you on schedule, make sure you maximize use of your time, help carry your train as you traipse about numerous photo locations (even over rough terrain and in the blinding heat), notice and fix your groom's boutonniere when it starts to look wilted, make sure you stay hydrated (like, literally, she will make you drink water--it's awesome), and even tuck tissues into your bouquet for you. Looking back, I don't know how I would have gotten through the day without Jane's help.

She is of course also fantastic at catering to whatever hair and makeup style you want, while also providing expert opinions in the case of indecisive brides, such as myself. She was super accommodating with all our various location changes and did different styles for my hair and make-up for the ceremony and reception. By the way, the makeup is FABULOUS--it stayed on despite my copious crying, sweating in the direct sunlight, and numerous hugs and kisses. Jane also did my mom's hair and make-up and made her look incredible--totally age appropriate and natural--and was very tolerant of my mom's constant worrying/panic over how she would look, being someone who never usually wears makeup. Jane is really easygoing and a cinch to get along with; she even gave some free hair and makeup advice to my bridesmaids while we were getting ready. I can't recommend The Glamourist enough--Jane is for sure worth the investment.

The Glamourist FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup

• Calligraphy by Angela
    Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of The Glamourist to make your Wedding Day that very special day you always wanted,that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for many years to come. ~~ Angela Neik, www.calligraphybyangela.com Dallas Calligrapher

• 1325 Indiana Street Suite 301 San Francisco, CA, 94107 See on map