The Gatsby

Vernon, NY View map Visit website

The Gatsby is a historic wedding venue in Vernon, New York. With a 1920s atmosphere, this elegant space boasts a variety of features that are throwbacks to the jazz era. For couples planning to have both their ceremony and reception in a single location, this venue may just be the one.

Facilities and Capacity

The Gatsby's main area for hosting receptions features dark wood flooring, black Chiavari chairs, overhead wooden paneling, and large windows. Charming sconces, ‘Gatsby’ wall hangings, and plume feather-filled floral centerpieces add to its '20s ambiance. This space can easily accommodate several dozen guests. At the antique bar, couples and their guests may sip beverages and enjoy the vintage details of the room. The space is complete with amber lighting, Gatsby signage, and decadent chandeliers. Guests can also mingle on their 1,500 square-foot patio.

The outdoor ceremony area, The Grotto, is nestled within towering pine trees. This space features a rustic rock structure perfect for a ceremony backdrop. The surrounding woods create a natural ambiance for wedding photos.

Their private suite offers a roomy area for the bridal party to get prepared for the big moment. The room features a sofa, armchairs, a vanity, and a large mirror. With ample room for several people, it’s an ideal place to pop open a bottle of champagne. The Gatsby is air-conditioned, has a cake cutting service, offers personalized menu cards, and has set up and cleanup services available.

Cuisine

This venue offers a variety of delicious dishes created by executive chef Ronald DeBarr. From hors d’oeuvre of sausage-stuffed mushrooms to an entrée of marinated grilled chicken or the Panzanella salad, there is something for everyone. The packages include cakes and desserts made with local ingredients and organic fresh fruits. The Gatsby venue also offers customized menu options that accommodate special dietary needs such as vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, and kosher.

Describe your venue:

Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
November
December

Carolyn W. Married on 06/17/2022

What a party!

We were beyond pleased with this venue for our wedding. They sure know how to put on a show! All our guests had a wonderful time. Tyiesha was amazing and more than attentive to our wedding party. Food was great and our cake was absolutely delicious!! You’ve got an awesome crew Dave!
  • Megan
    Megan I. Married on 10/12/2019

Dream venue

My husband and I got married in October, and it was the PERFECT day. Everything ran smoothly and everyone worked together so well. Unfortunately we got rained out, which rarely happens, but our wedding coordinator and her team made sure our indoor ceremony site was beautiful and that we were taken care of. Could not stop getting compliments regarding the food and how delicious it was. I was pregnant at the time, and when they brought out “bride’s signature drink” I was surprised with Shirley Temples (my favorite) also being served with the glow sticks so I could enjoy too! The staff always made sure my husband and I had a drink in our hands and that we didn’t need anything. Our guests still talk about how cool this venue is, along with its originality. If I had to do this day again, there is not a thing I would change.

The Gatsby's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review, Megan! We loved having you! Wishing you and your husband the best!

Deals

The Gatsby 1
Discount

Active duty military, retired military and first responders, book your wedding with us for the month of March and we will pay half the bill.

The Gatsby 2
Discount

Let us host your magical winter wedding. Save 25% when you book any Friday, January through April.

5311 State Route 5 Vernon, NY, 13476
315-829-3022
Location of (The Gatsby)

Other vendors in Syracuse for your wedding

Wedding Venues