The Ganeys

San Francisco, CA View map

Thanks for dropping by – we were hoping you would! We love meeting new people and hope you’re here to become some of our newest friends.

We are based in San Francisco California, but we love to travel and do it often. We use both film and digital cameras. The soft, warm look of film gets us ridiculously excited (plus, receiving processed film is equivalent to waking up on Christmas morning). Our focus has become capturing loving couples in natural light settings. Romance is magical and we can’t believe we have the opportunity to preserve it. We want to rejoice in celebrated moments and tear up during emotional ones (I really will, I’m a sap).

We only offer one wedding package. As your wedding photographers, all we care about is taking the best photos possible. We don’t want to check our watches while great moments are happening or leave before the final send off. The bride and groom shouldn’t be worried about what time we’re heading home. We don’t have limits on our time or the amount of images that we capture on your day. We also don’t limit the amount of photos that you receive. We are here to provide you with as many beautiful memories as we can, hoping that you will integrate these images into your life and share them lovingly with future generations.

Send us an email (Emily@theganeys.com)! We look forward to hearing from you!

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Negatives

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Film
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Prints

• Amanda
    Amanda S. Married on 06/21/2021

Incredible photographer and wonderful person

It is no exaggeration to say choosing Emily to be our photographer was one of the greatest decisions we made for our elopement. We look back fondly on that day largely because of her. We were married at SF City Hall, and she was able to beautifully capture the small, intimate moments as well as the grand architecture of the building. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous, and we are flooded with memories every time we look at them. She was extremely responsive from the very beginning. She was calm and comforting on a stressful day, but she also brought a lot of positive energy and made us laugh throughout the process. She is the kind of person who feels like an old friend. Emily is an incredible photographer and a wonderful human being. I cannot recommend her enough.
  • Cissy
    Cissy X. Married on 06/06/2020

Look no thurther, this is the best wedding photographer!

Emily and Thomas (wife & husband team) from The Ganeys are simply my favorite!! I say this both professionally and personally. I had a very long engagement - 15 months. Emily was the second vendor I hired after planner. We had over a year of interactions before meeting in person. The first time we met, it felt like we had been friends for a long time! On a professional level, Emily's customer care and attention to details are simply unmatched (so responsive, thoughtful and thorough). Not to mention the quality of her work. When selecting photographers, I did a lot of research, looking through vendors' full galleries (taking notes on light, composition, style, naturalness), as well as reading reviews. Out of the 20+ full galleries I reviewed from 5-6 photographers (highly recommend reviewing full galleries, not just the cherry-picking best photos from photographers' ins or websites), Emily's work just stood out (the full galleries are perfect, every single pic in her gallery was worthy for print and frame). Reviews were plenty and overwhelmingly good. The only thing that held me back a little was price. Matching her high quality work and stellar track record, Emily's package was not at the economical end of the range. But looking back, this is bar far the best wedding investment I've made (because the day went fast but the memories live in the beautiful photos and every time looking at them, I could feel the day again)! I still remember a comment from a previous review I read a year ago. It's something like "Emily's package wasn't cheap but looking back, we almost feel we did not pay her enough". That comment, along with the others, gave me a lot of confidence in making my decision, and I'm proud to say the same after having the experience with Emily and Thomas over the past year. I'd recommend them 200% to all my friends and everyone who looks at this review! Look no further, you are looking at the best one!
  • Meaghan
    Meaghan B. Married on 09/28/2019

Incredibly talented, best decision we made

No words can truly do these two justice- they were the best decision we made! Not only are they incredibly talented, they have a true passion for capturing these memories that shines in every photo. When my husband and I first looked through all of the photos from our wedding day, it felt like I was gasping and saying "we should frame this one" or "this is definitely going in the album" with every picture. They even documented all the little details we didn't really get to see in the blur of the day- the seating chart we DIY’d, the table accents, even the bar signs. They took the time and effort to go to our venue before the day of to find all of the best spots for portraits and sunset, and found a couple of amazing places we never would have thought to focus on, but made for some of our favorite pictures.

All of our wedding party and family commented on how amazing these two are, and how they seemed to be everywhere at once. They are so genuinely warm and made everyone feel really comfortable. The portraits of the two of us came out so wonderful, and I have no idea how we'll decide which are our favorites- they made two incredibly awkward people look romantic and natural. Emily’s advice on doing a first look was right on- I can't imagine not having had that time together beforehand to ease our nerves and have a few last memorable moments before starting our married life.

Part of what makes the Ganeys so special is that they truly care about getting to know and having a connection with the couples they work with. We were already sold on the idea of taking engagement photos for our save-the-dates, and it makes so much sense that they consider that a part of the whole experience. We had such a great time spending several hours with them the day of our engagement shoot, and then continued to be in touch during the planning process. Emily gave great advice and a proposed timeline, and by the time the actual day of our wedding came, we were excited to see our new friends again. They even sent us a coffee table book with favorite photos from our engagement shoot as a gift before the wedding, which was incredibly thoughtful and touching. As someone who is not at all comfortable in front of a camera, it made a huge difference to feel so comfortable with the people capturing our memories of that day. I am so thankful that we found these two and that they shared their talents and gave us this incredible gift of photos that we will look at for so many years to come. It’s also nice to know that we made two great new friends in the process. These two are such amazing people, and I'm so happy that they came into our lives!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Stamas Events Stamas Events Wedding Planners

Emily & her husband are one of the sweetest couples I've had the pleasure of working with. Their kindness and work ethic exceeded our expectations! Emily went out of her way to shoot extra detailed shots for the bride, even on days that she was not scheduled to work. She is super flexible with any changes requested of her and responds in a quick manner. Emily & Thomas genuinely care very much about their clients and will do whatever it takes to make their photos exactly how they imagined them. I also want to mention that she provided the couple with a bunch of sneak peak photos less than 1 week after the wedding... Following the full album (fully edited and downloadable in 3 different ways) 2 weeks after their wedding. I have NEVER worked with a photographer who got photos back to their clients so fast! And of course the photos speak for themselves... absolutely stunning!

Lakeside Ranch Lakeside Ranch Barn & Farm Weddings

Amazing to work with!!

SMP Makeup Artistry SMP Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Exceptional talent, professionalism, and heart. One of the greats!

San Francisco, CA, 94568
Location of (The Ganeys)

The Ganeys frequently asked questions

What photography services does The Ganeys include in the starting price?

The Ganeys includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Negatives

What photography services does The Ganeys include in their most popular wedding package?

The Ganeys includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Negatives

What photography styles does The Ganeys offer?

The Ganeys offers the following photography styles:
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does The Ganeys offer?

The Ganeys offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does The Ganeys offer for wedding events?

The Ganeys offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend The Ganeys and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Ganeys is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding