The Ganeys Reviews

The Ganeys 6
The Ganeys 7

Annie · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely amazing

This is a long overdue review! I found The Ganeys when I was randomly on pinterest (which is a rare event) and fell in love with one of their images. After looking through their portfolio and finding out that they just moved to the Bay Area, I was absolutely floored and had to get on a call with Emily. From the onset, Emily was so amazing to talk to - extremely friendly and you could tell that she cares about the couple and the experience she is creating.

Three reasons why working with The Ganeys is the best: 1) It is clear that Emily has a ton of passion for her couples and truly wants to get to know them. I'm so glad that we have become friends over the last year and got to enjoy dinner with them after our wedding was over! 2) She is extremely organized and professional - as someone who values planning, I knew I was in great hands with Emily's schedule and plan for our hectic wedding day. She also delivers images crazy fast - I didn't expect our wedding highlights to come back within a week. 3) She is so incredibly talented and she shoots in film as well. This is a KEY DIFFERENTIATOR! Anyone can take 100 shots within 5 seconds on a digital camera and find the best shot, but with film, you really have to capture the key moment precisely while making sure you have great lighting for the image. She does this so naturally and her film shots are so epic and artistic.

I never expected that our wedding would get featured in Style Me Pretty (I don't even follow SMP on IG), but this is all due to Emily's hard work in capturing an extremely long and crazy day!

---
    Some additional thoughts regarding our experience during the engagement shoot and wedding day:

During our engagement shoot, Emily and Thomas were so comfortable to work with! They are hilarious together - Emily takes lead and Thomas follows with jokes and their dynamic makes the whole situation a lot more fun. I totally went into the shoot thinking we would get a ton of awkward shots (because we are the most unphotogenic couple, as evidenced by our typical vacation photos). But when the album came back, I was absolutely amazed. Even Tim was like "wow, I look REALLY good" - this is coming from the guy who dreaded taking photos. There were so many amazing pictures that we had a hard time picking our favorite for our save the date. After the engagement session, we immediately knew we were in good hands for the wedding and couldn't wait to see the two of them again! :)

A few days before our wedding, we saw that the forecast indicated heavy rain showers. I reached out to Emily to know that we were setting up Plan B plans, and she wrote back the sweetest response. Amidst all the stress of trying to move a ceremony location from outdoors to an indoor location, she knew all the right things to say in a very stressful period for us and I can't thank her enough for that. On the day of, she went ABOVE AND BEYOND anything a photographer should have been doing - making sure that we stayed dry and warm in the weather, holding my dress so that it didn't get soaked, guiding us on what to do when it came to cake cutting - all in all she was there for us every step of the way. And we could not have gotten through the day without her and Thomas. Their experience with so many weddings shines through as they're able to foresee what's going to happen next and plan for it before it even happens. It was a crazy and extremely memorable wedding day for us and there's no one else that we would have wanted to be there with us through it all!

Thank you Emily and Thomas for everything - you've created memories that we will cherish forever!!

Sent on 08/25/2019

Natalie · Married on 04/06/2019

An Absolute Must!

There are no words to truly describe how incredible these two are! You are not just getting a professional wedding photographer duo - you are gaining a friendship. For Emily and Thomas, this is not just a job. This is their passion and it shows in their work. They are invested in your happiness and are committed to delivering the greatest memories you will have of your special day. They are timely, professional, extremely talented (check their website), and honest. Above all that, they are two of the kindest people my husband and I have met. You feel comfortable around them and taking pictures becomes something that feels natural - that means a lot from someone who does not feel like a natural in front of a camera! Some of the fondest memories leading up to our wedding day were with them and we look forward to continuing our friendship.

Our engagement and wedding photos came out better than I ever could have imagined. They captured every little detail. Everyone that was at our wedding, every emotion, and every dance move was photographed! I don't understand how the two of them were literally EVERYWHERE all night! They didn't miss a beat.

Search no further - I can guarantee that you will not find anyone better!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Emily Loh · Married on 10/20/2018

Over-delivers

Emily and Thomas Ganey are who you should hire to photograph your engagement and wedding. Period. They are extremely warm and wonderful people to work with. Not only are they experienced, knowledgeable, and incredible artists, but they are also flexible and extremely accommodating. They will make anything happen and will do it with professionalism and a smile. They will *literally* travel anywhere for your shoot. Throughout our engagement year, they were detail oriented and communicative, helping us organize our wedding day timeline and making helpful, experience-based suggestions. They struck the perfect balance of being "on top of it" without being overbearing. They sent us sweet gifts and encouragement throughout the year and quickly became our friends. While shooting, they make you feel so comfortable and at ease. They totally over-delivered in every expectation that I had, and photography was one of my top priorities for our wedding. We were given so many more photos than promised, we were sent preview proofs within TWO DAYS of our wedding, and we could NOT be happier with the photos. Don't think twice about hiring these wonderful people; you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/31/2019
    The Ganeys 8
    The Ganeys 9
    The Ganeys 10
    The Ganeys 11

Michelle · Married on 12/09/2017

It has taken me a while since my wedding day to write a review for The Ganeys because putting into words just how incredible they are seemed like a daunting task. I truly mean this when I say they were the absolute best decision of our entire wedding day! Emily + Thomas are the absolute dream team of wedding photographers and far exceeded all of the expectations we had. The Ganeys are so amazing to work with - they're hilarious, have an incredible eye, are always responsive and have the best work ethic of any vendor I have ever worked with. Seriously they are some hard workers! They consistently checked in, were doing things outside their scope of work and went above and beyond in every single aspect of the entire process. My husband does not like taking photos and therefore did not want to spend a lot of money on the photographer for our wedding - that changed immediately after our first meeting with Emily and Thomas. Once we booked them, he said it was the best money we ever spent! They even made the engagement and wedding photos fun and comfortable for him! :) The Ganeys are not the cheapest, but after the entire process my husband and I both think they don't charge enough. The amount of time that Thomas and Emily put into our big day prior to, on and after the big day makes them an incredible value. Emily almost became a mini wedding planner providing vendor recs, timelines, wedding day weather forecasts and even reaching out to my other vendors to get them in line! haha. Seriously, what photographer does that?! The pictures attached speak for themselves, but I cannot tell you how many compliments we received about them from our friends, family and strangers - and not only compliments for the photos, but about amazing they were to be around on the big day. No amount of credit or praise is enough to show truly remarkable The Ganeys are. They literally became a part of our family that day and it meant everything to us!

Sent on 01/26/2018
    The Ganeys 19
    The Ganeys 20
    The Ganeys 21

Melinda · Married on 06/09/2017

The Ganeys are ... hands down ... the very best! We will always be beyond happy that we chose to hire them to photograph our wedding! Since I'm a photographer myself, my then-fiance left it up to me to choose the photographer for our wedding- this was the one thing that I was picky about. I did a lot of research, wanting to find someone who I trusted enough so that I could let it go and not worry about it. I wanted a photographer with 1) advanced technical skills; 2) great people skills; and, by extension, 3) the ability to capture the emotion of our day. The Ganeys have all of those things in spades! They are worth. every. single. penny. I've stalked -- I mean followed -- their work for a while now :-) and it speaks for itself. I'm drawn in by the light, dreamy quality, and the emotion. That feeling you get when you look at a photograph and your heart flutters, and your throat catches. That's the sweet stuff - and not all photographers can deliver it. We had a very intimate wedding (10 guests) so Emily was solo that day. She was a breeze to work with from the first time we contacted her, and helped us work out a detailed timeline in the months leading up to the wedding. She was quick to respond to our e-mails. On the day of our wedding, she was prompt and got right to work. Everyone was immediately at ease and she felt like part of the family. She worked quickly and efficiently, and was able to get so many shots when we didn't even know she was there! She even helped with wardrobe malfunctions, and so many other little things that tend to happen at weddings. It was like she was all over the place! Emily knew exactly how to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and gave us direction so that we looked our best. She also captured candids that may just be our favorites (I don't know - we have so many favorites!!) She created beautiful works of art that we will treasure for the rest of our lives! ~ Jim & Mindy

Sent on 07/19/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2017

There are truly just not enough words for how grateful we are for Emily and Thomas. I could go on and on about how wonderful this team is. Our journey to finding the perfect wedding photographer was LONG and tough but the minute I read the response email from Emily and spoke to her on the phone, I knew that we found our perfect photographers. The insane dedication and work that they put in to make sure that every detail of our engagement photos, wedding photos, and overall experience was perfect was truly exceptional. Right down to making a long drive to Bella Collina just to scope out the area and find the perfect spots for photos (in the rain). Emily and Thomas make you feel like they are your besties the moment you meet them. They are so fun to be around and make you feel so comfortable in every photo. One of our favorite parts about our engagement shoot (and wedding photos) was that Thomas was always playing music while photographing. There are no awkward moments when taking photos with them. We got our entire wedding album edited while we were on our honeymoon and it was the greatest surprise. We will cherish our wedding photos for the rest of our lives and be friends with Emily and Thomas for years to come!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/06/2017

Emily and Thomas are absolutely incredible to work with! Can't recommend them highly enough. If you are looking for photographers who feel like your best friends, provide a truly collaborative experience, and take beautiful pictures (with real film to boot!), you want to work with The Ganeys. Their one package pricing is easy to wrap your brain around, there aren't any surprises, and you get a TON for what you're spending. Emily and Thomas spent the entire day with us at our wedding, flew to Boston for our engagement session, and surprised us with their thoughtfulness for the entire 10 months that we worked together. LOVE these two!

Sent on 11/08/2017

emma · Married on 04/08/2017

Firstly, drop everything and go hire these two right now. Seriously. There shouldn’t be a single hesitation because Emily and Thomas are the definition of perfect. And I don’t say that lightly. When it came to finding a photographer, to say my standards were high is an understatement. I knew I wanted someone who could capture portraits without them looking staged, capture the feel of a moment, not just a photo, and someone who could put me at ease. And these two checked all the boxes. The also shoot in film! These cameras have no preview and it takes pure talent to do it well. And these guys do it phenomenally. They also care about each and every one of their couples. You only have to click on their blog link and you’ll see it. They don’t just work with you, they become your friends. They have this unique ability to put you at ease and it shows. After our engagement shoot, I trusted them whole-heartedly and they did not disappoint. Also, one of my favorite things about these guys is the fact they are always there, not just as photographers but as whatever you need them to be. And they are never in the way.
    As for the photos...THE PHOTOS! There are literally no words to describe how INCREDIBLE these photos are. I got 1500 photos and there isn’t one I don’t like. Remember the part where I said I’m picky? I also hate getting my photo taken. I’m not photogenic at all. But here we are with 1500 photos and I love every last one. They didn’t just capture us and our day, they captured every feeling, emotion and the entire atmosphere of the day. And did I mention I got previews the next day? Less than 24hrs and I had pictures at my fingertips. Are you kidding me?! Emily and Thomas are actually out of this world talented and the kindest, sweetest people to boot. Photography isn’t a job for them, it’s their passion and it shows. I cannot even begin to thank them because there just aren’t words to describe the magnitude of admiration and gratitude I have for these two.

Sent on 04/27/2017

STEPHEN · Married on 02/25/2017

Emily and Thomas are THE BEST, without question. I don't even know where to start this review! First of all, our photographs could not have turned out better! Because of Emily and Thomas' unbelievable talent and hard work, my wife and I will forever be able to relive the best day of our lives! Not to mention their willingness to travel from Florida to Colorado to take our equally stunning engagement photos! As an additional bonus, this amazing duo still shoots with film, as well as digital photography. If you are looking for the most talented, friendly, relaxed and fun photography team around, this is the team to choose. After meeting Emily and Thomas, we immediately knew we were going to receive SPECTACULAR photos. We did not expect to walk away with such wonderful new friends!!!

Love,
    Kyle & Courtney

Sent on 04/09/2017

Teresa · Married on 02/18/2017

Emily + Thomas make for such an amazing photography team. I've been following her blog for a long time, all starry-eyed, thinking that when my time came around (one day!)...I had to have her document my wedding day. Her photos make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She has a knack for capturing the sunlight and people in their natural element. It's most definitely the best friend vibe you get from Emily + Thomas as soon as you meet them that probably makes a difference in their photos (especially being at ease in front of the camera and fun company following us around all day is a plus). Rain or shine (and we had both on our wedding day), they capture some dreamy photos. She was with me every step of the way, from engagement photo session advice to wedding day timeline. She'll tease you with photos and sweet messages through her social media outlets, fill your heart with hugs, and once you see the final photo collection in all its glory, it will take your breath away. We love you Emily + Thomas! We can't thank you enough for all the beautiful wedding day memories!

Sent on 03/07/2017
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 01/25/2017

Emily is the best photographer you could hire! She's most definitely worth the money you will spend. She's so friendly to work with and she will make you so comfortable during all your photos. I am a family photographer and as a photographer you cannot skimp on the wedding photography. I REPEAT, you must leave room in your budget for a great wedding photographer! I was married on Wednesday, January 25, 2017. I had a small beach wedding on a weekday and very much needed a photographer to accommodate me. Even though my wedding was small, Emily was on time and did a phenomenal job photographing the wedding. One thing I really appreciated was that she sends you a questionnaire and shot list for you to fill out. This helps her know the couple and family needs better. What is also special about Emily is she photographs in both digital and film formats. You will get digital and film scans of your wedding, which is very rare. Don't think twice and book her while you can! She provided all my photos in an online gallery and I received tons of photos in less than a month!

Sent on 04/26/2017

The Ganeys's reply:

Thank you so much Kate!!! I so appreciate the kind review! You and John were wonderful to work with and the love you two share is contagious! You made my job so easy by communicating wonderfully throughout the process. :) Thank you again!! Hugs!

David · Married on 01/14/2017

Unbelievable. Blown away by the incredible pictures. Emily and Thomas knocked it out of the park!!! Shooting film makes a huge difference and I'm glad they go to all the trouble to do that. The pictures are absolutely incredible and they were quick too so we actually got to enjoy our cocktail hour and wedding reception!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Janelle · Married on 12/16/2016

Hiring Emily Katharine Photography was hands down one of the best decisions I made for my wedding, aside from the decision to marry my wonderful husband! They went above and beyond from the very beginning. Emily is wonderfully responsive, both Emily and Thomas did their best to make us feel comfortable in front of the camera during the Engagement shoots, and they blew both my husband and I away on the wedding day in so many ways. They were worth every penny we paid for them, and I could not be happier with the photos, which we will cherish forever. My advice? Just do it!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Lindsay · Married on 11/17/2016

If you can, book Emily Katharine Photography right now! All it took for me was one look at her blog and I knew she was the one. You don't even have to read the rest of this review, trust me, just do it. But if you're still reading, I'll tell you why. When we first reached out to Emily, we could tell that she was genuinely excited for us and interested in photographing our day. Sharing our plans for our wedding with Emily was fun because she was so positive. She was extremely responsive and flexible throughout the many months we communicated. I didn't have a wedding planner, but Emily developed a schedule for pictures that I was able to use as a base to plan the rest of the day. That was extremely helpful! We didn't plan on doing an engagement session at first, but we are so glad we did because it helped us to feel less camera-shy on our wedding day (bonus - great photos!) On the day of the wedding, Emily arrived nice and early. She fit right in with the bridal party and it really just felt right that she was there with us. When it was time for our first look (which I would recommend), we were right on schedule. We went outside to a park, and Emily captured everything just perfectly. Multiple people have told me that they have never seen us so happy, and that they can feel the love radiating from the photos. Dan and I both don't consider ourselves to be photogenic, but Emily's photos of us look natural and beautiful. Besides being the most talented photographer, she is also as sweet as can be and she is the kind of girl that becomes your friend right away. I'm sadly running out of space on this review, but trust me - having Emily Katharine Photography at our wedding was hands down the BEST decision we made!

Sent on 12/02/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/11/2016

Where do I even begin to describe our experience with Emily? I could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day. But she is so much more than that. She went above and beyond any expectations that I could have ever had. Planning a Florida wedding from New York is difficult enough. From the minute that I contacted her we set up a skype date to get to know each other and she started helping me plan the timeline for the day of and suggesting businesses to work with. She really got to know my husband and I on a personal level and by the time the wedding rolled around I felt like I had known Emily forever. During the entire experience she was a joy to work with, very professional and she CARED. She wasn't there just to take some pictures and make some money. She wants to tell your story and she does it flawlessly. By the end of the day she was really a part of the wedding party; our friends loved her too! I could go on and on about Emily. Bottom line - Stop thinking about it and book her already! You won't find anyone better for the job and you will be 110% satisfied.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Monica · Married on 10/23/2016

Emily & Thomas photographed my wedding in October 2016. I fell in love with Emily's use of film and natural light in her work (which I found randomly somewhere on the Internet - I am so glad I did!), and when I contacted Emily, she was immediately responsive and helpful. Emily truly cares about her clients, and she brings genuine enthusiasm for love and weddings that comes through in her beautiful work.

Emily and Thomas were enthusiastic about traveling three states away to meet us for an engagement shoot. They didn't blink at staying with me, or at their introduction to my fiance when he called them "stranger danger"! They were professional but also fun - they put us at ease being photographed (one part of the wedding process I'd particularly dreaded), and we became friends (not just photographers/clients - Emily truly works to build relationships).

Our engagement and wedding photographs are everything we could've asked for and more - Emily and Thomas have a knack of blending in and capturing unscripted moments on which we'll look back and remember forever. Several of our wedding guests complimented Emily and Thomas for somehow managing to be everywhere at once and, again, for their enduring professionalism and happiness to be a part of the celebration.

Photography was a priority for me in wedding planning. Emily was my first choice photographer - and even though I know Emily and Thomas had a long day shooting a wedding the day before ours, they made us feel like we were the only client they had!

We love, love, love our wedding photographs and will treasure them forever! I highly recommend Emily Katharine Photography and cannot say enough wonderful things about Emily and Thomas!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Brandi · Married on 10/22/2016

This review will not be able to give enough praise for The Ganeys. They are the whole package. Their talent is obvious; look at their pictures (they use film guys...) and you'll be able to tell this isn't a normal wedding photographer. It's truly an art for them. But aside from their photography skills, what really sets the Ganeys apart is the simple fact that they are great people. They truly invest in their couples and do everything they can for them. From time management on the big day, planning your timeline along with your venue/coordinator, and keeping the bridal party and guests focused, to being available and responsive whenever a question pops up, The Ganeys always give extra care to ensure your day goes as smoothly as possible. Photography is a very intimate and personal detail on your wedding day. You can be sure The Ganeys will capture every moment and will photograph your wedding as if it was their own.

Sent on 05/28/2017

Jenny · Married on 10/08/2016

Congratulations, bride and groom— you can now stop stressing about finding your perfect photographer, because you just found them! Seriously. We already did the hours upon hours of research for you and we’re here to tell you that Emily and Thomas were hands down our favorite wedding vendor to work with—both before our wedding and on our wedding day. The Ganeys are the real deal, the dream team, what all your wedding photo dreams are made of and MORE.

From the very first moment we saw their website, we knew we wanted them to capture our day based on their photos alone. Then, we video-chatted with them both (they made time for us the week of their own wedding, might I add) and it sealed the deal.

Emily and Thomas’ talent is obvious from their website galleries and rave reviews— but what truly sets them apart is how genuine and helpful they are throughout the whole planning process and on the big day! They are organized, responsive, trustworthy, professional, hilarious, and best friend material (which is just icing on the cake!)

Emily and Thomas were sincerely a breath of fresh air in the chaos that is wedding planning. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the point. Email the Ganeys, and get PUMPED because you just guaranteed yourself gorgeous wedding (and engagement!) photos, plus fun friends to hang out with on your wedding day and beyond!

PS: My husband and I were married in Tennessee in October 2016 (the same weekend Hurricane Matthew hit Florida). I completely forgot the Ganeys would be traveling from Florida and panicked when I realized flights were being canceled on Friday. I texted Emily and her and Thomas already had plans to make the 12 hour drive to Tennessee if their flight wound up getting canceled. WHAT?! Talk about amazing, dedicated people. Thankfully their flight wasn't canceled, but we'll be forever grateful for their willingness to go above and beyond.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Susan · Married on 08/13/2016

I had a slight advantage over the other brides because Emily was one of my first friends in kindergarten! So, when we got engaged at Christmas 2014 I knew she had to be there. When I asked her if they travel for weddings she said they do and that she'd even come do an engagement session too! I was so excited, we'd never had professional pictures taken of us before and I hadn't met the man in Em's life, Thomas, yet! They came to NC where we live for the weekend and took so much time exploring the artsy areas of our town that we never realized. Emily and Thomas work so well together, they really are a team and it definitely made the whole process go smoother. Plus, they are probably the most down to earth people you'll ever met so if you're afraid you'll feel shy, don't be! Those pictures came out amazing, I could not wait for our wedding the next summer! The wedding was in NY in my husband's hometown, so Emily and Thomas flew up for another weekend. I was nervous as any bride on her wedding day, but Emily thought of everything. A few weeks before the big day she emailed me a google doc itinerary and timeline. This made things so much easier especially being so far away from each other! She had a plan for everything the entire day and really stuck to it. While I was still doing my hair and make up, she took my dress and jewelry for some gorgeous detail pictures. During the ceremony I did not even notice them snapping away! Afterwards we went to a park nearby for family shots and then to the reception. Again, I barely noticed them taking pictures during the night but boy did they! I was so surprised when I got the flash drive with how many they took and all of them phenomenal! Emily is so caring, great to work with and so talented, she is worth every penny!

Sent on 12/18/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/21/2016

When Jeff and I got engaged (actually, before then!), we knew we wanted Emily and Thomas photographing our wedding. Emily was incredibly responsive to every message I sent. She made planning easy! Jeff and I were nervous to be in front of the camera, but Emily and Thomas made our engagement session fun and easy, making our wedding day a breeze! Our wedding was a 10 am ceremony- which means a very early morning! Emily and Thomas arrived at our hotel at 5:30 in the morning, driving 2 hours to get there! Everything they did felt seamless- even coordinating the multitude of family photos with semi-cooperative young children. We received all of our photos from our wedding in less than 4 weeks, and they are spectacular. Choosing our prints will be difficult because I love them all! Our wedding day was perfect, and made all the better by Emily and Thomas. We are so happy they captured our day so perfectly and would chose them all over again!
    Emily and Thomas- thank you so much for everything you have done. We owe so much of our happiness to you (literally)!!

Sent on 06/17/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/23/2016

I can't even begin to describe how perfectly Emily and Thomas captured our day. Even before my husband and I were engaged, I knew I wanted Emily and Thomas to photograph our wedding because of their beautiful, soft images. Not to mention, they shoot film (and do it well!), a major priority for me in booking a photographer. So I was beyond relieved when I called Emily, and they were thankfully available on our wedding date.

Communication with Emily from the very beginning was absolutely seamless. She is always so quick to reply to text or email, and even helped me to come up with a wedding timeline for the entire day. They are so flexible and willing to help wherever they're needed, with a smile on their face. Emily even ended up helping me into my wedding dress because we were short on time and everyone else was scrambling to get ready.

You don't realize how much time you're actually going to spend with your photographer on the day of your wedding, so you might as well choose people as awesome as Emily and Thomas. You'll up with two new best friends by the time your wedding is over. And really, really amazing photos to help you remember your big day.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Emily and her husband Thomas are the perfect duo. They made our day so relaxed and incredibly fun! I never thought I could be relaxed on my wedding day but hanging out with them was so calming! Beyond their fantastic presence, their work is unreal. They captured us, our beloved puppy, our bridal party and friends and family in such gorgeous light and stance. Their work is primarily on film, which requires incredible talent! The film photos have such soft tones, bringing heart into the pictures. I can't recommend them more. You'll want to be best friends with them after the engagement session and after the wedding, you'll miss having them around!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/07/2015

Do not hesitate for even one second to book Emily and Thomas as your wedding/engagement photographers! I made a lot of decisions I was happy about on my wedding day, but the choice to have them capture our wedding was the best, most valuable decision I made!

Emily is someone who genuinely cares about your enjoyment of your wedding day. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, she responded to every question I could have fathomed -- from colors of my groom's tie to chair rental decisions to logistics about the first day -- all in a matter of minutes. She is a superhuman.

Emily basically was as close to a wedding planner as I could get without "officially" having the title. She has excellent advice about how to ensure your photos are great, but she is also practical. She always gave an honest opinion, and her advice shaped our wedding day immensely.

The best advice Emily gave us (there was a lot of fabulous advice) was to do a First Look. The First Look was my favorite part of the wedding day. My husband and I got to be alone in each other's company on an otherwise very stressful and overwhelming day for me. It was the calm before the storm, and I loved having Kyle's first look all to myself. What a perfect moment that I will treasure forever.

The talent and passion that they have for photography shines through their beautiful images. They capture the story that is uniquely you. My husband and I love nature and the outdoors, and Emily and Thomas could shoot for National Geographic the way they capture the nature in the background of our shots.

To top it all off, Emily and Thomas are reasonably priced, do film and digital photography (which many photographers would charge a premium for), and provide extra services as needed. These two gems even transported me to our first look site on my wedding day!

Emily and Thomas, thank you for everything! I know your business will continue to thrive, and I hope we see each other again soon!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Sara · Married on 09/26/2015

I seriously could list a million reasons why Emily Katharine Photography is so amazing, but there is limited space here...so i'll just say this: quality wedding photographs were a high priority for us, so Ive already done the research for you (and Im talking A LOT of research) , and you won't find a better value or friend to work with than Emily Katharine (trust me, you will consider her a friend by the end of your wedding planning process!) Emily and Thomas were incredibly adaptable and rolled with last minute changes to plans without any fuss or drama, and even helped out with tasks they noticed needed done the morning of the wedding (as an example, i'm pretty sure making the bed and helping me get into my shoes wasn't in her contract, but she did it without hesitation! ) Emily also helped me out tremendously with creating a wedding day time line to make sure that the day flowed efficiently for us. As a result, we were able to get all of the photos that were so important to us. To top it all off, Emily and Thomas created jaw-droppingly stunning photos. Seriously folks, I'm even jealous of me when I look at the photos of our day!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2015

Emily and Thomas didn't just provide photography for our wedding, they provided support and friendship. They were sometimes our sanity in the craziness of it all. They know their stuff when it comes to weddings and really helped out when we were stuck. Emily helped us think through the timeline of the day of the wedding and helped outline who we wanted to make sure to get pictures of. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. The other great thing about them is their excitement. Sometimes when dealing with people in the wedding industry you feel like just another wedding, but they made us feel special and unique. They were always excited to hear details of planning and we never felt like we were boring them or bothering them.
    I would (and have) recommend them to my family and closest friends because I know they will be taken care of. LOVE THEM!

Sent on 12/29/2015