646 union street, Columbia, PA 17512 Map · Phone number

About the flour child

A simple, sweet bakery located in Columbia, PA. Serving all of York and Lancaster counties, as well as Maryland, Delaware, and Western PA! We strive to customize every sweet - your day is yours. There are options for every taste, every size wedding, every budget, and we look forward to being a part of your big day. Make your consult soon! Life is Delicious :)

717 431 8877

theflourchild@comcast.net

Please make sure to visit us in all our outlets!

website - www.theflourchild.com

main gallery - www.flickr.com/photos/theflourchild

instagram - flourchildpa

facebook - www.facebook.com/theflourchild

Follow the flour child on

image4

1 User photo

the flour child 1
  • kim

kim · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazingly beautiful and exactly what I wanted

To start, I had my consultation with Alixe and she was incredible! The options they give during that trial was beyond what any other bakery had done. She was so fun, very attentive, and knew what would and wouldn’t work. She sketched an image of my cake during the trial and she was very open and honest about what would and wouldn’t work together. When I saw my cake, I nearly cried because it was exactly what I wanted and I couldn’t have asked for anything more! The cake (and cupcakes!) were delicious and just perfect. Most of it was gone by the end of the night! I will forever recommend working with the flour child for wedding cakes because it was the best experience I had.

• GabiKappes

Gab · Married on 10/20/2018

All amazing!

I used The Flour Child for our wedding cake, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. Everything was absolutely amazing -- all of our guests raved about the desserts and we barely had anything left over. I'm actually gluten-fee (very unfortunate in this case!!) and TFC made sure their was gluten-free cupcakes for me kept separately which were SO GOOD! Also, TFC was very affordable and worked perfectly with our budget which is important :)

Nammi · Married on 05/26/2018

I was referred to Alixe by another bride and am so glad I went with her! Her personality shines as much as her cakes and she makes the whole process so much fun with her humor and friendliness. Flour Child was one of several places I had scheduled tastings with and her tasting blew me away; she was organized, the portions were very generous and she took the time to explain everything. My favorite part was how excited she was to design our cake and I showed her a couple inspiration pics and she was able to sketch on the spot what it was we were looking for in terms of style. Not only was our cake gorgeous but it was so delicious; in addition to the cake she was able to provide an impressive dessert bar which contained pastries, cookies, brownies and other goodies and my guests were super impressed by the variety and taste. Alixe's cakes taste great and my husband was very pleased because he felt the other cakes we tasted were just ok and more grocery store/Costco like instead of a bakery. Alixe was very flexible in working with our budget and we were able to get the cake of our dreams without sacrificing taste or professionalism. I loved working with Alixe and would recommend you book a consulation and you will be in great hands!

the flour child FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Love and Process
    Love and Process Wedding Invitations

What's more important in a wedding cake, appearance or taste? Because the flour child is rocking them both!! Great service and a fantastic shop for those days you just really crave a sweet treat.

• 646 union street Columbia, PA 17512 See on map