the flour child Reviews

1 User photo

the flour child 1
  • kim

kim · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazingly beautiful and exactly what I wanted

To start, I had my consultation with Alixe and she was incredible! The options they give during that trial was beyond what any other bakery had done. She was so fun, very attentive, and knew what would and wouldn’t work. She sketched an image of my cake during the trial and she was very open and honest about what would and wouldn’t work together. When I saw my cake, I nearly cried because it was exactly what I wanted and I couldn’t have asked for anything more! The cake (and cupcakes!) were delicious and just perfect. Most of it was gone by the end of the night! I will forever recommend working with the flour child for wedding cakes because it was the best experience I had.

• GabiKappes

Gab · Married on 10/20/2018

All amazing!

I used The Flour Child for our wedding cake, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies. Everything was absolutely amazing -- all of our guests raved about the desserts and we barely had anything left over. I'm actually gluten-fee (very unfortunate in this case!!) and TFC made sure their was gluten-free cupcakes for me kept separately which were SO GOOD! Also, TFC was very affordable and worked perfectly with our budget which is important :)

Nammi · Married on 05/26/2018

I was referred to Alixe by another bride and am so glad I went with her! Her personality shines as much as her cakes and she makes the whole process so much fun with her humor and friendliness. Flour Child was one of several places I had scheduled tastings with and her tasting blew me away; she was organized, the portions were very generous and she took the time to explain everything. My favorite part was how excited she was to design our cake and I showed her a couple inspiration pics and she was able to sketch on the spot what it was we were looking for in terms of style. Not only was our cake gorgeous but it was so delicious; in addition to the cake she was able to provide an impressive dessert bar which contained pastries, cookies, brownies and other goodies and my guests were super impressed by the variety and taste. Alixe's cakes taste great and my husband was very pleased because he felt the other cakes we tasted were just ok and more grocery store/Costco like instead of a bakery. Alixe was very flexible in working with our budget and we were able to get the cake of our dreams without sacrificing taste or professionalism. I loved working with Alixe and would recommend you book a consulation and you will be in great hands!

Patti · Married on 03/17/2018

My son and daughter in law used the Flour Child Bakery for their wedding cake. They chose 2 different flavors and both were absolutely delicious and the cake was beautiful! I would highly recommend The Flour Child!

Jannessa · Married on 02/17/2018

I first tried The Flour Child for my sister’s baby shower cake. I was shocked by the reasonable price and how easy Alixe was to work with. The guests at the shower raved about the cake and so we decided to use them again for our wedding. Alixe was amazing to work with from the start and was able to make the wedding cake and dessert buffet we were dreaming about a reality. We had nothing to worry about, she took care of every last detail. Again, the guests were coming up to us the whole night asking about where our desserts were from. Even my father who is self-described as “not a dessert guy” has completed all the errands at their store for me just so he can pick up more treats that he loves. Prices are extremely reasonable for the amazing quality and deliciousness of the products, as well as the pleasant service and interactions with the staff. We can’t wait to continue using The Flour Child for all of our bakery needs in the future!

Gina · Married on 12/16/2017

Alixe was great to worth with! She created a beautiful and delicious wedding cake for us for a very reasonable price.

Rebecca · Married on 08/26/2017

Alixe was absolutely amazing! She went out of her way to make sure our day and cake were perfect. A cake topper we ordered never arrived and the week of our wedding I let her know that we were onto Plan B for toppers. She immediately responded saying she had it under control and the type of topper we wanted was delivered to her the next day. It was amazing, so appreciated, and totally above and beyond her call of duty! That says a lot about her passion and service to her bakery and her customers! The cake was beautiful and delicious and I LOVE that we can go again for our anniversary and get another topper (no year old freezer burn cake for us)!

the flour child 2
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 08/11/2017

What quality, value and fun! We enjoyed our tasting, the guests loved the variety of cakes at the reception, and The Flour Child is so easy to work with. I highly recommend this friendly, local business that provides high quality and professionalism.

Dana · Married on 07/02/2017

Our wedding cake was beautiful & delicious- the perfect combination! Alixe is a genuinely kind, thoughtful, and creative person! From the first time we met with her to sample our wedding choices I knew I wanted to have her design our wedding cake- and the samples alone tasted amazing! She communicated with me right up until the wedding, our cake photos look incredible! Alixe works with you to create the wedding cake of your dreams! I would highly recommend her!

Emily · Married on 07/01/2017

Alixe was fantastic!! At our consultation, she was very flexible and made our ideas come to life. The samples were delicious. She even suggesting using faux cakes and getting layer cakes as a way to save $$. We loved our wedding cake...tasty and gorgeous! Highly recommend!

stacey · Married on 05/21/2017

Our cake and cupcakes were perfect! They were beautiful and delicious! Alixie was great to work with and very helpful.

• Yenma

Yenma · Married on 05/07/2017

Alixe was an absolute joy to work with! Our first meeting with Alixe was so fun! We mentioned that we didn't want to go the traditional route of having a tiered cake, but rather small treats/desserts and a smaller cake for us to cut into. We threw another curve ball by telling her that we wanted treats/desserts that were appropriate for a brunch wedding! Alixe whipped together a dessert menu of coffee cake, scones, cookies, cupcakes, etc. She truly understood us! The end result was a gorgeous dessert display and our guests couldn't stop raving about the cookies and cream cupcakes. We highly recommend Alixe and the Flour Child to any bride and groom!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/11/2017

I searched through a few different bakers, including a provided cake from my venue. But I had a specific flavor in mind and knew just any baker wouldn't do! Alixe was so nice, willing to spend time experimenting for the perfect recipe for a flavor not on her chart. She knocked it out the park, my guests are still talking about the cake! I would recommend The Flour Child to anyone and would use them again for any bakery items I might need in the future! Thank you!!!

Sarah · Married on 12/02/2016

The Flour Child did a wonderful job with our wedding cake! Everything about the process was great. The cake tasted great.... all of our guests commented on how wonderful it was. We even had a few left over pieces that we took home and they were still delicious a week later!! Alixe was such a sweetheart to work with and full of ideas. I also ordered a grooms cake for her which turned out awesome as well. I will be using The Flour Child for birthdays moving forward and definitely recommend them for a wedding cake. Price was very reasonable as well :)

Kimberly · Married on 11/11/2016

I can't even begin to express how awesome of an experience it was to work with Alixe from The Flour Child! She was recommended to us by our venue (The Cameron Estate Inn) and I'm so glad she was! Her cake is delicious (moist, just the right amount of sweetness, mouth-watering) and she is SUCH a sweetheart. Our cake tasting with her was so much fun. I brought my mom and we literally couldn't stop eating haha! She was very easy to communicate with and answered all of my questions promptly. She has a great working relationship with the Cameron Estate Inn which meant I really didn't have to get involved much as she knew exactly what she needed to do! I was literally blown away with how beautiful my cake looked the day of the wedding, what a wonderful surprise! I think her cost is extremely reasonable (we honestly thought the cost would be a lot more!). I would definitely recommend her to others. Thank you again Alixe from the bottom of my heart!!!

Karla · Married on 10/01/2016

Thank you so much for our daughter's beautiful wedding cake on 10-1-16. The cake was very moist and flavorful. They loved how it went with the theme of the wedding. And how you worked with the florist to incorporate the flowers into the cake. Thanks again for the details and the set up at the reception. All the comments were how fresh and moist it tasted.

Elizabeth · Married on 09/03/2016

We used The Flour Child for our wedding cake a few weeks ago, and we are SO glad we did! Alixe is a really nice and down-to-earth person to work with, and she is super artistic and great at designing cakes. But, on top of that, the cakes are amazingly delicious! I am a baker myself, so I am pretty picky about cake, and I was so happy with how delicious our wedding cake was. People were coming up to my husband and me at our reception and saying telling us how awesome the cake was. And, it was very affordable! I cannot say enough good things about The Flour Child. Book them for your wedding and you will not be disappointed.

May · Married on 06/26/2016

Alixe, owner of The Flour Child, is so bubbly and creative. She was recommended by our florist so we decided to just go for a trial. Oh my goodness, the cakes and frosting are amazing! It was really hard to narrow them down. Alixe allowed us to select 2 cakes, 2 frosting, and 2 fillings. We went with chocolate cake and cream cheese filling/frosting and vanilla cake with lemon merengue filling with vanilla frosting. They were both out of this world! Our guests really loved the cakes! Because of the hot weather, Alixe did a faux cake for the bottom 2 tiers which worked perfectly. The rest of the cake was scored and ready to be served which made it easy for our food handlers. I highly recommend Alixe as she's truly talented at what she does. She arrived and set up promptly. You will not regret booking The Flour Child!

Alixe did an amazing job with our cake. Meeting with her and talking through our MANY ideas, she was able to help us design a wedding cake that was truly us. Our cake looked absolutely perfect and tasted even better. I'm only sad that I didn't get more. I can't wait for our one year anniversary cake to eat it again. Thank you for everything!

Tiffany · Married on 05/27/2016

The cake was amazing and so beautiful! She is definitely the girl to go to for your wedding cake!

Alexie was great to work with and the cake was amazing! She was able to incorporate our custom logo into the design of the cake - which was a great touch. The cake tasted amazing and guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed it.

Danielle · Married on 11/14/2015

I recently got married and we had The Flour Child make our wedding cake as well as cupcakes. They were beyond good! Everything went so well from the tasting to the actual cake at the reception. Alixe is very nice and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend them!

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2015

There were not too many areas of wedding planning my now husband was interested in, but when he tasted the cake at the flour child he was sold! Alixe made the process so easy and delicious! She had worked with my venue before and I felt extremely confident in her abilities. Everything was delicious and I made sure I had my fill of cake on my wedding day! My husband loved it so much, I ordered him some treats for valentine's day this year.

Melanie · Married on 10/10/2015

The Flour Child is an amazing business! Alixe is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and is an absolute joy to work with! She responds to emails quickly and is super professional. The tasting was the best one that my husband and I went to. She was punctual, nice, answered all of our questions, drew a beautiful sketch of the cake I wanted and most importantly had a variety of delicious cakes and icing to try. We knew by the first bite that we wanted Alixe to make our wedding cake and we couldn't be happier with our decision! Our cake was absolutely gorgeous and so delicious! Guests raved about it all night! I would highly recommend The Flour Child to make your wedding cake or any cake for that matter! You will not be disappointed!

Aisha · Married on 09/19/2015

To the future brides who are absorbing every review:
    I would recommend The Flour Child to anyone for their wedding cake (or any occasion for that matter). Sugar, spice, professionalism, and perfection! Working with the owner, Alixe was extremely easy and fun from the beginning. My wife and I started on the user friendly website to schedule our consultation/tasting. I couldn’t help but smile the day I walked in to the bakery because the atmosphere inspires warmth and cheer. With no vision of design or flavor I quickly apologized for my lack of bridal skills. Alixe laughed unfazed, assured me that I was in great hands, and jumped right in prepared with photos and sketches of cake options. In 10 quick minutes she has walked us through designing the perfect cake for our special day. The hardest part was choosing flavors because everything that we tried was incredible! She said that she would create an invoice and it was emailed quickly. Closer to the wedding I called the shop to let her know that I had found a cake topper. She greeted me with genuine elation about our wedding plans and again put a smile on my face with her warm demeanor. She coordinated with our reception hall to place the cake and everything looked lovely on my wedding day. Often something is lost with vendors and they seem to forget that you’re celebrating something special. The Flour Child made my wife and I feel like our day mattered and they would make sure that everything went smoothly. I hope this helps when you are choosing your bakery! Happy planning and congratulations!