357 US Highway 9, Englishtown, NJ 07726 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 20
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Curvy Bride

The Curvy Bride, located in Englishtown, New Jersey, was founded from the owner’s own personal experience of not being able to find a plus-size wedding dress. Realizing there were few boutiques that cater to plus-size women, Michelle Files decided to fill that gap in the wedding world by supplying plus-size brides with elegant dresses fitting their needs.

The Curvy Bride provides bridal gowns, accessories, alterations, and gown preservation. They bring in new inventory on a seasonal basis, and depending on a bride’s order, can provide an average turnaround time of about six to eight months for a dress. The other products they can supply to their clientele in addition to bridal gowns include jewelry, hair accessories, and veils.

Follow The Curvy Bride on

135 Reviews for The Curvy Bride

• Mary

Mary Elizabeth · Getting married on 05/16/2021

Best Day Ever

The CB Team provided a positively unforgettable wedding dress experience for me and my family this weekend. I was honestly dreading this part of the wedding process for many reasons (also hello, Quarantine 15) but the minute I walked into the boutique my stress melted away. They’re a small local business with an important mission for plus size women, but they go the extra mile to making you feel welcome and safe; their attention to safety precautions in the age of COVID and an immaculate shopping space made us feel comfortable and respected... it even just SMELLED amazing! Their commitment to inclusivity allowed me to try on anything in the store, and I was never made to feel inadequate because of my shape. They take the time to build relationships with their clients which is enough to celebrate, let alone their generosity of spirit. If anyone asks me, this is the only place to go for bridal appointments! The consultant, Maryanne, and the owner, Michelle, will not only provide unwavering and outstanding professional support as you shop, but they will become your fast friends. They not only remained my professional confidants throughout the process, but the relationship we’ve built is reflected in the care they’ve taken with us. Their patience and overwhelming generosity in providing extra time and financial relief where they could is so appreciated. I’m grateful for all that they do. I am beaming whenever I think of this day. The wedding dress “yes” is such a special moment for many, and I will never forget mine with Curvy Bride. I’m not only looking forward to seeing my dress again when it arrives, but also these lovely women!

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Rose

Rose · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Outstanding

Curvy Bride is a wonderful salon! I had many people with me and they were happy to accommodate my large group! Michelle, the consultant, was fabulous, kind and understanding! Michelle listened to me intently with every dress and when she brought in this dress that had things about it that I know I told her I did not like, but I trusted her and it ended up being the dress I said YES too!! After we left, I got concerned about the size we ordered, messaged the salon on Instagram (they were closed) and the owner promptly answered. I spoke with Michelle, the owner, the following day and she eased all my concerns completely! This was the best experience my group and I encountered during our bridal dress shopping!

Sent on 04/10/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thanks so much Rose!! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review and we are honored to be a part of your big day! Congratulations again!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Curvy Bride FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $1,000 - $2,499
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Cleaning
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Bridal Gowns
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

1 Real Wedding

• Floral Gems Wedding Florists

Michelle is a beautiful full-figured young woman who had to deal with the frustration and humiliation of not being able to easily find and try on wedding gowns for her own wedding. She now provides a warm and welcoming environment for a curvy bride to choose and try on gowns from a variety of excellent designers. Brides can choose from budget friendly to lavish gowns depending on their tastes and needs.

• 357 US Highway 9 Englishtown, New Jersey, 07726 See on map
    732-860-0815 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Curvy Bride)