357 US Highway 9, Englishtown, NJ 07726 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Curvy Bride

The Curvy Bride, located in Englishtown, New Jersey, was founded from the owner’s own personal experience of not being able to find a plus-size wedding dress. Realizing there were few boutiques that cater to plus-size women, Michelle Files decided to fill that gap in the wedding world by supplying plus-size brides with elegant dresses fitting their needs.

With offerings for the bride and mothers of the couple, The Curvy Bride can provide gowns, alterations, and preservation. They bring in new inventory on a seasonal basis, and depending on a bride’s order, can provide an average turnaround time of about six to eight months for a dress. The other products they can supply to their clientele in addition to bridal gowns include jewelry, hair accessories, and veils.

Follow The Curvy Bride on

The Curvy Bride 7
  • Rose

Rose · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Outstanding

Curvy Bride is a wonderful salon! I had many people with me and they were happy to accommodate my large group! Michelle, the consultant, was fabulous, kind and understanding! Michelle listened to me intently with every dress and when she brought in this dress that had things about it that I know I told her I did not like, but I trusted her and it ended up being the dress I said YES too!! After we left, I got concerned about the size we ordered, messaged the salon on Instagram (they were closed) and the owner promptly answered. I spoke with Michelle, the owner, the following day and she eased all my concerns completely! This was the best experience my group and I encountered during our bridal dress shopping!

Sent on 04/10/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thanks so much Rose!! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review and we are honored to be a part of your big day! Congratulations again!

Sara · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Best Experience!

Five stars is not enough for The Curvy Bride. When I first got engaged I was so excited for the whole planning process, but I knew when I was going to hit the road blocks, dress shopping. I was dreading going dress shopping, finding the dress of my dress only to have my dreams cut short by "Oh, I'm so sorry. They don't carry that dress in your size." I am naturally a planner and got things done way ahead of schedule, but I was purposefully waiting to go dress shopping until I found THE perfect place to go dress shopping, no matter how far. This is when I came across The Curvy Bride. I immediately made an appointment to go there. Paige was amazing throughout the whole process and made me feel so confident throughout the appointment. I ended up purchasing my dress that day and when my mom, best friend, grandma, and myself got in the car we cried because we were so happy to have had such an amazing experience there. The Curvy Bride puts aside the fact that you are a Plus Size Bride and treat you as you are - A Bride.
    This feeling alone is the reason why my mother went back months later to get her Mother of the Bride dress. Let me tell you, my mother is NOT the one to buy something on the first try without thinking it through for days. My mom ended up buying a dress that day too because Michele made her have such an excellent experience too!
    My dress (came in early too!) and my mom's dress just came in and we picked them up yesterday. I would LOVE to thank Paige and Michele for being so supportive throughout the process for both my mom and myself.

PS: Can not wait to come back when I bring my best friend back for her wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2018

The Curvy Bride FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Preservation, Sample Sales
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? 6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns? Seasonally
  • What is your return policy? Final Sales

• Floral Gems Wedding Florists

Michelle is a beautiful full-figured young woman who had to deal with the frustration and humiliation of not being able to easily find and try on wedding gowns for her own wedding. She now provides a warm and welcoming environment for a curvy bride to choose and try on gowns from a variety of excellent designers. Brides can choose from budget friendly to lavish gowns depending on their tastes and needs.

• 357 US Highway 9 Englishtown, New Jersey, 07726 See on map