The Curvy Bride Reviews

The Curvy Bride 7
  • Rose

Rose · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Outstanding

Curvy Bride is a wonderful salon! I had many people with me and they were happy to accommodate my large group! Michelle, the consultant, was fabulous, kind and understanding! Michelle listened to me intently with every dress and when she brought in this dress that had things about it that I know I told her I did not like, but I trusted her and it ended up being the dress I said YES too!! After we left, I got concerned about the size we ordered, messaged the salon on Instagram (they were closed) and the owner promptly answered. I spoke with Michelle, the owner, the following day and she eased all my concerns completely! This was the best experience my group and I encountered during our bridal dress shopping!

Sent on 04/10/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thanks so much Rose!! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review and we are honored to be a part of your big day! Congratulations again!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Kurylo · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Highly Recommend

Paige, the store manger, is fabulous!! She made this such an easy and enjoyable experience for my mother and I. She was attentive and accommodating without being pushy.
    Based on the pictures I showed her she pulled dresses that I loved. I tried on 5 of them and ended up choosing the second one.
    The champagne toast at the end was a fitting way to celebrate finding my perfect dress. Paige made sure to take cute pictures of my mom and I holding their cute signs.
    What could have been a nerve wracking experience was a delightful one instead. I would highly recommend this boutique.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Laura Christiansen · Getting married on 11/22/2019

Highly Recommend The Curvy Bride!

I'm having a short engagement, so my dress shopping day went like: tried on 3 dresses from Azazie at home, thinking I'd be ordering from them cuz of their 4 week turnaround. Tried on 7-8 dresses at David's Bridal, only liked 2 kind of, worried about the 12 week production time. Got to my appointment at The Curvy Bride, talked with Stacy about what I like, my timeline, and my budget, and she suggested I start with the sample sale to both meet timeline and budget needs. I found several dresses that would fit me and interested me in the sample sale, and she helped me try them all. She had great comments on how each fit me, and the quality of each, and was incredibly helpful and kind and understanding! We got through 5 dresses I think, we went to see if there was anything else I wanted to try, I found one more to try, and ultimately ended up leaving the store with the second dress I tried on! It was an amazing experience, Stacy was so helpful and so kind, and was making educated decisions on whether or not to clip the dresses since they were now in the take home immediately section, and I'd highly recommend going to The Curvy Bride!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Sara · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Best Experience!

Five stars is not enough for The Curvy Bride. When I first got engaged I was so excited for the whole planning process, but I knew when I was going to hit the road blocks, dress shopping. I was dreading going dress shopping, finding the dress of my dress only to have my dreams cut short by "Oh, I'm so sorry. They don't carry that dress in your size." I am naturally a planner and got things done way ahead of schedule, but I was purposefully waiting to go dress shopping until I found THE perfect place to go dress shopping, no matter how far. This is when I came across The Curvy Bride. I immediately made an appointment to go there. Paige was amazing throughout the whole process and made me feel so confident throughout the appointment. I ended up purchasing my dress that day and when my mom, best friend, grandma, and myself got in the car we cried because we were so happy to have had such an amazing experience there. The Curvy Bride puts aside the fact that you are a Plus Size Bride and treat you as you are - A Bride.
    This feeling alone is the reason why my mother went back months later to get her Mother of the Bride dress. Let me tell you, my mother is NOT the one to buy something on the first try without thinking it through for days. My mom ended up buying a dress that day too because Michele made her have such an excellent experience too!
    My dress (came in early too!) and my mom's dress just came in and we picked them up yesterday. I would LOVE to thank Paige and Michele for being so supportive throughout the process for both my mom and myself.

PS: Can not wait to come back when I bring my best friend back for her wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2019

Great experience!

I was dreading wedding dress shopping but all my worries/concerns went away once I entered Curvy Bride. Michelle helped me during my appointment. She did an amazing job understanding what I liked and what worked well with my body shape. She quickly got a feel of what I liked and each dress she pulled was beautiful making it hard for me to make a decision (which was a great thing to have options!). Her sweet calm attitude truly helped me during this experience. The appointment went so quick and smooth and I ended say yes to the dress. The alteration processes almost went smoothly and Lidia and Michelle were great to work with. Highly recommend this bridal shop!!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 05/26/2019

The Curvy Bride of Manalapan, NJ

I would like to thank The Curvy Bride for helping me find my dream wedding gown. As a plus sized bride I was worried I would not find something in my size, or that I would not feel beautiful on my wedding day. I found my gorgeous Essence of Australia gown at The Curvy Bride. I also found a beautiful cathedral length veil and sparkly headpiece. Everything looked amazing on my wedding day. I would like to thank the Curvy Bride once again for being there for us plus sized brides and giving me a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Sent on 06/24/2019
    The Curvy Bride 14
    The Curvy Bride 15

Keri · Married on 05/03/2019

You will not regret it!

What a great experience! Everyone was so lovely and knowledgeable from the beginning. Paige was my consultant and she was such a pleasure to work with. She was very friendly and I never felt rushed or discouraged. She did a great job of helping me narrow down what I was looking for and find my perfect dress. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Best decision and highly recommend!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/29/2019

My experience at the Curvy Bridal was by far my best experience wedding dress shopping. It is a smaller shop, but they have a nice selection of dresses and they are all plus size. So as a bigger girl, I could try on every dress and they would all FIT! It was a really nice change from the other stores. I worked primarily with Paige, who was lovely. She listened to what I wanted and brought me a few samples to try on. I literally loves every dress she chose. The store itself it really nice- spacious and private dressing rooms- ample space to have your family and friends. They were not pushy at all. I bought my dress on my second trip to the store. At that point I worked directly with Michelle, the store owner. She measured me and placed my order. The whole experience was really great and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/17/2018

Look no further! After having a not so pleasant experience at a bridal salon in NY I was hesitant when booking another appointment elsewhere. I read multiple reviews about The Curvy Bride and figured it would be worth the ride. I am a size 12/14 which may not be considered plus size to some people but at other bridal shops I experienced the consultants trying to squeeze me into dresses that clearly weren't my size. Then as I stood there, uncomfortable, the bridal consultant would say "oh just imagine it in your size." Needless to say, I was disgusted. Upon my arrival to The Curvy Bride I was greeted by Maria, who was a pleasure to work with. My mother, sister, and I were pleasantly surprised at the amount of beautiful dresses that the salon carried. My appointment did not feel rushed and I felt very comfortable throughout the dress fitting. I found my dress and veil and couldn't be happier! The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating and I'm very grateful! If you are hesitating on where to start your search I would absolutely have The Curvy Bride as my number one pick! Thank you again ladies!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Melissa Siesputowski-Burke · Married on 10/19/2018

Thank You!

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Curvy Bride. After having a few bad experiences at bridal salons in the central-Jersey area, I felt defeated. It felt like designers and stores didn’t make or carry dresses for women like me, who are short with some curves—especially when bridal consultants would hold up a dress and say “now imagine this on you, in your size.” Walking into The Curvy Bride was a breath of fresh air. My bridal consultant Paige was phenomenal. She was so kind and patient in helping me find the perfect dress for my wedding. She took all of my wedding ideas and style ideas into consideration when pulling dresses for me to try on. When I became overwhelmed in my decision, she told me to go have lunch with my mom and sister and come back with fresh eyes. I cannot thank Paige enough for picking out the dress of my dreams. After purchasing my wedding dress I worked with the store owner, Michelle, and their seamstress, Lydia. Both of these women are amazing, and made all of my fittings a breeze. I highly recommend The Curvy Bride to all future brides. Thank you so much Michelle, Paige, and Lydia for making me look, and feel, like a beautiful bride on my wedding day and for such an extraordinary dress shopping experience.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kim · Married on 09/29/2018

A wonderful experience! So nice to see my daughter try on gowns that actually fit! She looked and felt like a princess, which is what every bride deserves. There is a much needed market for bridal salons like this one. So glad we found it!

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

I had the best experiance here! From my first appointment trying on dresses to my final fitting and pick up everything was amazing! The staff and seamstress are wonderful! They made sure I was happy with every aspect of my dress for my big day. When I put it on yesterday to walk down the aisle it was amazing and it bustled beautifully for the reception. Thank you ladies for making my day so special!

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

Sent on 09/22/2018

Christen · Married on 09/15/2018

I can’t say enough great things about The Curvy Bride! I had the best experience with Paige who was my consultant. I started my journey at David’s Bridal and like most people I had a horrific experience that really made me not want to continue shopping, that is until I found the curvy bride!! Paige made me, my family and friends feel really welcome and just gave a great appointment. If your a plus size bride I would absolutely start with the Curvy Bride!!

Sent on 01/25/2018

Loreen · Married on 09/08/2018

I cant say enough good things about this place. I was nervous about being a plus size bride but this place exceeded by expectations! I found my dress by only trying on 3 dresses! Paige was amazing and so accommodating to all the guest I brought with me! I would highly recommend this place to anyone! :)

Sent on 10/01/2017

Jean · Married on 08/25/2018

Met the owner Michelle . She knew exactly what would look great in me ! Found a beautiful mother of bride dress! Thanks so much . Very excited

Sent on 04/06/2018

Colleen · Married on 04/28/2018

I bought my dress at The Curvy Bride just this past weekend and it was a WONDERFUL experience! Being a super plus size bride I did my research and booked my first bridal appointment with The Curvy Bride and I am not looking back. It was an hour drive for me but so worth it. I had corresponded back and forth with the owner Michelle a few times through Facebook Messenger and she was very quick to respond and always helpful when I reached out with a question. I had asked if if they had a certain dress in stock and while they were waiting for it to come in at the time she took the time to reach back out to me and let me know when they had gotten it in which I really appreciated. When I got there with my mom, sister and close family friend we were welcomed warmly by Marie who was my consultant, she was getting the dress I had inquired about ready for me as we walked in. Michelle came out to greet us and gave me a big hug, it was nice. Marie was great to work with and super helpful. She put me right at ease. She told me I was her last appointment of the day and not to worry about how long I took. My ladies I brought with me had plenty of room and seats to be comfortable and I had a whole section to myself with a pedestal to model each dress in. I tried on my dream gown first and loved it but tried on a few others.... one was a contender so we put on a veil and everything but I still wasn't sure so I got back into the first dress and decided that was definitely the one. Marie brought us out some delicious peach moscato to celebrate, she took pictures for us and even after we took measurements and put down the deposit Michelle and Marie were still so nice taking more pictures for us and allowing us seconds of champagne. I can't wait to go back and see these wonderful ladies when my dress comes in. I was anxious about dress shopping but I could not have had a more perfect experience. Michelle and her staff are so kind, welcoming and helpful. It was totally stress free!

Sent on 04/12/2017
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 01/27/2018

I had an amazing dress shopping experience at the Curvy Bride. I purchased my dress in February of 2017 for my January 2018 wedding. It was the the second and last store I went to searching for my dress. Paige was AMAZING and extremely helpful. What I liked most about working with her was that she was extremely patient with me and made me feel comfortable the entire time. The entire time I felt that the experience was about me finding a dress that I loved and not about Paige making a sale. I never once felt any pressure from her to purchase a dress (which I cannot say for the first shop I went to). Michelle the owner was also a pleasure to deal with. After I ordered my dress I decided I wanted to order extra lace and everyone at Curvy Bride was so accommodating and responsive. I know that as a plus size bride dress hunting can feel overwhelming but at the Curvy Bride they will put you at ease and make the entire experience enjoyable, as it should be!

Sent on 02/09/2018
    The Curvy Bride 16

deanna · Married on 11/12/2017

I first visited curvy bride during their grand opening event when my best friend was getting married. The very second we met Michele I could tell how genuinely invested she was in making brides happy! There she was pregnant and ready to pop and running the appointment without missing a beat. I told myself that day that i would be back when it was my turn. Sure enough, i returned and it was the best decision i made. Michelle is one of the sweetest people ever! Her staff is just as sweet and patient and a true reflection of Michelle. As soon as you walk into the shop you feel welcomed. The shop is just beautiful. My sister and my mother are not plus sized but they loved curvy so much that they wished they could get their dress there. My consultant was Paige, she was a complete doll! I can't thank her enough! Paige was so sweet and patient through the entire process. Being a plus size bride can be a lil daunting, there is certainly a level of insecurity you may feel. None of that is an issue at curvy. They totally understand how to dress and style a plus bride!! curvy was my favorite experience of the wedding planing process. I can't say it enough, but thank God for the curvy bride!
    Lydia handled all alterations and she was great! She was a real pleasure to meet and work with! Lydia was also incredibly patient and truly listened to me and what i wanted. Beautiful work!

Sent on 12/18/2017
    The Curvy Bride 17
    The Curvy Bride 18

Christina · Married on 10/20/2017

Wow - Michelle and her team are amazing! So thoughtful, low pressure and really make you feel like a queen! I was dreading dress shopping because I was really concerned I wouldn't be able to find dresses in my size size in styles that I like. The Curvy Bride was the first - and ONLY - dress boutique I visited because there was such a wide selection. I'm so thrilled with how everything turned out. my dress fit like a glove, was gorgeous quality and I got so many compliments!! Thank you so much for making it such a comfortable experience!!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    The Curvy Bride 19

Heather · Married on 10/14/2017

One of my biggest fears was to go dress shopping for the wedding and Curvy Bride put all of my fears aside. Paige was such a calming presence and happy smiles. I tried on a few dresses and they were great but not the one. Paige said "let me pull one more" and I had my say yes to the dress moment! Dress needed minimal alterations and the alterations appointments have been painless. My favorite little detail is the text message reminders. They helped keep me on track to remember my appointments! You truly get what you pay for and I would highly recommend Curvy Bride and Paige!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Megan · Married on 10/13/2017

I had a fantastic experience here! I walked into the place thinking I'd just be fact finding to get an idea of what I liked. I wound up buying the third dress that I put on. Everyone was so nice, so patient, and the sales manager, Paige, really knew exactly what I was looking for. I loved that I could try on every single dress in the whole place too. I had anxiety about dress shopping, being a plus sized bride, and I never once ran into any issues here at all. I got my alterations done here too, and it was easy, the seamstress is so sweet, and the dress turned out perfectly. I highly recommend The Curvy Bride!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    The Curvy Bride 20
    The Curvy Bride 21

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2017

I went into The Curvy Bride feeling pretty defeated after my previous experience at a bridal boutique. My fears melted the second I walked into the door and was greeted by the warm owner. They had a huge selection and she was very knowledgeable about the collections. She did not rush my appointment one bit, and gave me her sole attention.

I found my dress today, thanks to The Curvy Bride. I did not want to take it off!! If you are a curvy bride, do not hesitate to try out this boutique.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Jenn · Married on 09/15/2017

My mother (MOB) and I (bride) both got our dresses at the Curvy Bride, and we could not be more thrilled. Michelle, Paige and her entire team were phenomenal. Our dresses were gorgeous and the entire experience was flawless. I had sleeves added on to my dress, and Christina the seamstress was AMAZING. She was patient, kind and talented. We received so many compliments on both of our dresses and felt like princesses all day. I would highly recommend them to any future brides. Thank you! Jenn & JoAnn

Sent on 09/21/2017