The Curvy Bride Reviews

137 | Englishtown, NJ

137 Reviews for The Curvy Bride

• Danielle

Danielle G. · Getting married on 08/21/2021

Amazing you need to check this place out

This place was on my must have to check out verse the NYC places that I've gone to a million times..Any plus size bride wants to try on any dress and see what it "really " looks like verse a dress too small that you have to envision that will fit. I'm an older mid 40"s first time bride who has been in a million weddings and I told Michelle to get something different. Well she did and every dress lookes better than the next and the best part is they all fit. What a confidence booster for a plus size bride. She picked a wild card dress that i would have never ever picked and due to her expertise that was the one. During that moment i got upset not about the dress but my parents had passed and I was a daddy's girl and she let me step into the dressing room to take some time to call me brother and get the final stamp of approval from our parents above. This is not just a store with people who work there but a family of staff who are their with their brides threw the tears of happiness and sadness. If you are plus size check them out go with an open mind and let them guide you to your dream dress.

Sent on 08/12/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Danielle, your sweet words made our day. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We are honored to have been able to help you find your dream dress - you look gorgeous! Thanks again - all the best!
  • Mary

Mary E. · Getting married on 05/16/2021

Best Day Ever

The CB Team provided a positively unforgettable wedding dress experience for me and my family this weekend. I was honestly dreading this part of the wedding process for many reasons (also hello, Quarantine 15) but the minute I walked into the boutique my stress melted away. They’re a small local business with an important mission for plus size women, but they go the extra mile to making you feel welcome and safe; their attention to safety precautions in the age of COVID and an immaculate shopping space made us feel comfortable and respected... it even just SMELLED amazing! Their commitment to inclusivity allowed me to try on anything in the store, and I was never made to feel inadequate because of my shape. They take the time to build relationships with their clients which is enough to celebrate, let alone their generosity of spirit. If anyone asks me, this is the only place to go for bridal appointments! The consultant, Maryanne, and the owner, Michelle, will not only provide unwavering and outstanding professional support as you shop, but they will become your fast friends. They not only remained my professional confidants throughout the process, but the relationship we’ve built is reflected in the care they’ve taken with us. Their patience and overwhelming generosity in providing extra time and financial relief where they could is so appreciated. I’m grateful for all that they do. I am beaming whenever I think of this day. The wedding dress “yes” is such a special moment for many, and I will never forget mine with Curvy Bride. I’m not only looking forward to seeing my dress again when it arrives, but also these lovely women!

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Rose

Rose · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Outstanding

Curvy Bride is a wonderful salon! I had many people with me and they were happy to accommodate my large group! Michelle, the consultant, was fabulous, kind and understanding! Michelle listened to me intently with every dress and when she brought in this dress that had things about it that I know I told her I did not like, but I trusted her and it ended up being the dress I said YES too!! After we left, I got concerned about the size we ordered, messaged the salon on Instagram (they were closed) and the owner promptly answered. I spoke with Michelle, the owner, the following day and she eased all my concerns completely! This was the best experience my group and I encountered during our bridal dress shopping!

Sent on 04/10/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thanks so much Rose!! We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review and we are honored to be a part of your big day! Congratulations again!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/21/2021

Tears of joy

I can’t explain to you the joy this store brought to my heart! I was having so much anxiety due to bad experiences at other shops. Actually, I was convinced I would never find a dress that would make me feel beautiful or fit my budget.
    Well here I found BOTH. . Infact I was stuck between 2 dresses because I loved them both so much.
    The sales associate P & the owner Michele were such a pleasure to work with. I didn’t feel rushed or like I was being upsold. The dresses here are absolutely gorgeous (as is the location itself)
    This was exactly the bridal experience every woman deserves. And for the record my dress was under 1k and had all the aspects I was looking for (lace, a line, designer)
    I would drive 3hrs here if I had to. They are AMAZING. You have to visit this place!!!

Sent on 08/12/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Megan!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review - we appreciate you! We're so glad you had a great experience and found the dress of your dreams! You look phenomenal! We will see you when your dress arrives!!
  • Laura

Laura W. · Married on 02/20/2021

Vip experience & the perfect dress!

Not only did the Curvy Bride treat me like a total VIP for my initial appointment, but I was blown away by their selection, the way they listened to what I wanted, and how they found me my DREAM dress almost immediately! I had to come back for a few fittings and alterations, but their seamstress helped me add a few details to customize the dress to my comfort and style. The end result was a breathtaking, perfectly fitted wedding gown that had my groom and guests in complete awe. They are the BEST bridal salon!!!

Sent on 02/28/2021

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Laura, you made our day! Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave such a sweet and thoughtful review. We are so glad you had a great experience - that is what we strive for! You were such a pleasure to work with and made a gorgeous bride!!! Thank you and congratulations!!!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/29/2020

The Most Beautiful Dress! Highly Recommend

With two and a half weeks before my wedding I decided to try The Curvy bride as I wasn't happy with a prior online purchase. I came in with a dress in mind to try on, which they pulled, but I welcomed my consultants suggestions. After talking with me she pulled a dress off the rack that fit my body like a glove. Hugged my waist just right. I truly felt like a princess, even with a mask on! I was able to get a fitting appointment the next day, and it all got done in time for my wedding.
    My dress was breathtaking. I've never felt more beautiful.

Sent on 12/29/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Stephanie, thank you so much for your sweet review! We are so glad we were able to help you find your dream dress, these pictures are gorgeous!!! Congratulations and best wishes always!

Lachell M. · Married on 09/03/2020

You dont need to shop anywhere else

Any bride needs to shop here. It doesnt matter if your a size 2,12,22 ... they have a dress that can fit anyone and a great Onsite tailor.

Make them a part of your wedding experience

Sent on 09/13/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thank you so so much Lachell!! It has been such a pleasure working with you and we truly appreciate your kindness! Congratulations!!!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 08/01/2020

Wonderful dress experience!

I first went to the Curvy Bride after a few other stores in July of 2019. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming! They accommodate my group of 5 people. My mom got lost and the CB team jumped in and helped her when her GPS failed her - I will forever be thankful for their patience!
    I tried on probably 10 dresses - and ended up with a dress I fell in love with from Essense of Australia! I loved the little celebration toast at the end of my visit!
    The dress came in a few months later - I had my first fitting at the end of January which went super well! The 2nd fitting happened 2nd weekend in March which when businesses first started to close for COVID-19 (before the lockdown) - I had a very enjoyable experience - even with all the newness of keeping distance and sanitizing everything. When I had to postpone my wedding - they were extremely helpful and understanding!
    My fiance and I ended up having a small ceremony on August 1st - so I had my last dress fitting mid-July. They had wonderful protocols in place (limiting the number of people in store, calling when arriving, temperature checks, distancing…); I felt very safe, and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable! The dress fit wonderfully! I was so happy with my experience there, and appreciate their kindness and wonderful business practices!

Sent on 08/21/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer K. · Married on 04/01/2020

Highly Recommend

Paige, the store manger, is fabulous!! She made this such an easy and enjoyable experience for my mother and I. She was attentive and accommodating without being pushy.
    Based on the pictures I showed her she pulled dresses that I loved. I tried on 5 of them and ended up choosing the second one.
    The champagne toast at the end was a fitting way to celebrate finding my perfect dress. Paige made sure to take cute pictures of my mom and I holding their cute signs.
    What could have been a nerve wracking experience was a delightful one instead. I would highly recommend this boutique.

Sent on 05/10/2019
  • Jp9400

Jessica · Married on 01/11/2020

Curvy Girls delight!

If you don’t go here, you’re doing yourself a disservice. The team is amazing, know what to do, and Lydia- the alterations lady, is literally sent from heaven. Love love love them and recommend them a thousand times over.

Sent on 01/19/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review!! We are so happy you had a great experience - we truly love what we do! Congratulations to you and thanks again!!!
  • Laura

Laura M. · Married on 01/03/2020

The most perfect dress & boutique!

I can’t believe that I found my perfect dress at the first store I looked at!! I can’t thank everyone enough at the curvy bride for really making me feel special the entire time I was there, from picking a dress to getting it altered and picking it up. Honestly, dress shopping was what I dreaded most since I figured it would be hard to find plus size dresses. From the moment I stepped foot in this store, I was greeted with smiles and everyone willing to help me find my perfect dress! From the minute I put my dress on, I knew it was the one. I didn’t want to take it off, I couldn’t wait to try it on again during a fitting and I absolutely loved wearing it on my wedding day. Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone at the curvy bride for everything you have done for me, from the bottom of my heart!!! I will never forget how I felt in my dress on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/05/2020

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Laura, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We are so happy you had such a wonderful experience and we LOVE the pictures you shared!!! You looked absolutely beautiful and we're so glad to have been a part of your special day!!!

Laura C. · Married on 11/22/2019

Highly Recommend The Curvy Bride!

I'm having a short engagement, so my dress shopping day went like: tried on 3 dresses from Azazie at home, thinking I'd be ordering from them cuz of their 4 week turnaround. Tried on 7-8 dresses at David's Bridal, only liked 2 kind of, worried about the 12 week production time. Got to my appointment at The Curvy Bride, talked with Stacy about what I like, my timeline, and my budget, and she suggested I start with the sample sale to both meet timeline and budget needs. I found several dresses that would fit me and interested me in the sample sale, and she helped me try them all. She had great comments on how each fit me, and the quality of each, and was incredibly helpful and kind and understanding! We got through 5 dresses I think, we went to see if there was anything else I wanted to try, I found one more to try, and ultimately ended up leaving the store with the second dress I tried on! It was an amazing experience, Stacy was so helpful and so kind, and was making educated decisions on whether or not to clip the dresses since they were now in the take home immediately section, and I'd highly recommend going to The Curvy Bride!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Jenna · Married on 11/01/2019

The Curvy Bride

I went to Curvy Bride for my wedding dress, I knew how great Michelle, the owner, was based on the experience that my sister had there 5 years prior. During my appointment I must have tried on upwards of 10 or more dresses, and the woman helping me was so patient and kind. I ended up ordering a beautiful Essense of Australia gown which I fell in love with. Overall, I had a great experience at Curvy Bride and highly recommend this shop!

Sent on 11/19/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Hi Jenna - thank you so much for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We are SO happy you loved your experience at The Curvy Bride and found the dress of your dreams! Thanks again and congratulations to you!!!
  • KBo

Kristin · Married on 10/26/2019

October 26, 2019 Wedding

I knew I wanted to look for my wedding dress at The Curvy Bride even before I got engaged. The idea that there was a place that catered to plus sized brides was so amazing to me. I booked an appointment to try on dresses exactly a year before my wedding. Paige, my consultant, was amazing. She pulled several dresses I had seen on their website plus a few more she thought would work for my shape. I ended up falling in love with the first dress I tried on and ordered it that day. It arrived in the time frame promised and I started alterations with their in house seamstress, Lydia. She not only made sure the dress fit perfectly and had the appropriate length hem but added an amazing bustle. I was absolutely in love with my wedding dress and I cannot thank The Curvy Bride enough for making me feel beautiful!

Sent on 11/09/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Kristin, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We are so honored to have been a part of your special day and we wish you all the best in your new marriage! Thanks again and congratulations!
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful.

It can be hard for heavier people to find the perfect gown. But I had no problem at all here. Not only did I find my dream dress, but their seamstress did an incredible job with the adjustments.

Sent on 10/23/2019

The Curvy Bride's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Brooke! We are so happy you had a great experience and honored you chose us to be a special part of your big day. Congratulations!
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Experience!

Five stars is not enough for The Curvy Bride. When I first got engaged I was so excited for the whole planning process, but I knew when I was going to hit the road blocks, dress shopping. I was dreading going dress shopping, finding the dress of my dress only to have my dreams cut short by "Oh, I'm so sorry. They don't carry that dress in your size." I am naturally a planner and got things done way ahead of schedule, but I was purposefully waiting to go dress shopping until I found THE perfect place to go dress shopping, no matter how far. This is when I came across The Curvy Bride. I immediately made an appointment to go there. Paige was amazing throughout the whole process and made me feel so confident throughout the appointment. I ended up purchasing my dress that day and when my mom, best friend, grandma, and myself got in the car we cried because we were so happy to have had such an amazing experience there. The Curvy Bride puts aside the fact that you are a Plus Size Bride and treat you as you are - A Bride.
    This feeling alone is the reason why my mother went back months later to get her Mother of the Bride dress. Let me tell you, my mother is NOT the one to buy something on the first try without thinking it through for days. My mom ended up buying a dress that day too because Michele made her have such an excellent experience too!
    My dress (came in early too!) and my mom's dress just came in and we picked them up yesterday. I would LOVE to thank Paige and Michele for being so supportive throughout the process for both my mom and myself.

PS: Can not wait to come back when I bring my best friend back for her wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/20/2019

I felt like a princess

What can I say. I felt comfortable and beautiful! I cannot express how awesome the staff was!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2019

Great experience!

I was dreading wedding dress shopping but all my worries/concerns went away once I entered Curvy Bride. Michelle helped me during my appointment. She did an amazing job understanding what I liked and what worked well with my body shape. She quickly got a feel of what I liked and each dress she pulled was beautiful making it hard for me to make a decision (which was a great thing to have options!). Her sweet calm attitude truly helped me during this experience. The appointment went so quick and smooth and I ended say yes to the dress. The alteration processes almost went smoothly and Lidia and Michelle were great to work with. Highly recommend this bridal shop!!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 05/26/2019

The Curvy Bride of Manalapan, NJ

I would like to thank The Curvy Bride for helping me find my dream wedding gown. As a plus sized bride I was worried I would not find something in my size, or that I would not feel beautiful on my wedding day. I found my gorgeous Essence of Australia gown at The Curvy Bride. I also found a beautiful cathedral length veil and sparkly headpiece. Everything looked amazing on my wedding day. I would like to thank the Curvy Bride once again for being there for us plus sized brides and giving me a wonderful experience from start to finish.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Keri · Married on 05/03/2019

You will not regret it!

What a great experience! Everyone was so lovely and knowledgeable from the beginning. Paige was my consultant and she was such a pleasure to work with. She was very friendly and I never felt rushed or discouraged. She did a great job of helping me narrow down what I was looking for and find my perfect dress. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Best decision and highly recommend!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/29/2019

My experience at the Curvy Bridal was by far my best experience wedding dress shopping. It is a smaller shop, but they have a nice selection of dresses and they are all plus size. So as a bigger girl, I could try on every dress and they would all FIT! It was a really nice change from the other stores. I worked primarily with Paige, who was lovely. She listened to what I wanted and brought me a few samples to try on. I literally loves every dress she chose. The store itself it really nice- spacious and private dressing rooms- ample space to have your family and friends. They were not pushy at all. I bought my dress on my second trip to the store. At that point I worked directly with Michelle, the store owner. She measured me and placed my order. The whole experience was really great and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/17/2018

Look no further! After having a not so pleasant experience at a bridal salon in NY I was hesitant when booking another appointment elsewhere. I read multiple reviews about The Curvy Bride and figured it would be worth the ride. I am a size 12/14 which may not be considered plus size to some people but at other bridal shops I experienced the consultants trying to squeeze me into dresses that clearly weren't my size. Then as I stood there, uncomfortable, the bridal consultant would say "oh just imagine it in your size." Needless to say, I was disgusted. Upon my arrival to The Curvy Bride I was greeted by Maria, who was a pleasure to work with. My mother, sister, and I were pleasantly surprised at the amount of beautiful dresses that the salon carried. My appointment did not feel rushed and I felt very comfortable throughout the dress fitting. I found my dress and veil and couldn't be happier! The entire staff was very friendly and accomodating and I'm very grateful! If you are hesitating on where to start your search I would absolutely have The Curvy Bride as my number one pick! Thank you again ladies!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Melissa S. · Married on 10/19/2018

Thank You!

I cannot say enough amazing things about The Curvy Bride. After having a few bad experiences at bridal salons in the central-Jersey area, I felt defeated. It felt like designers and stores didn’t make or carry dresses for women like me, who are short with some curves—especially when bridal consultants would hold up a dress and say “now imagine this on you, in your size.” Walking into The Curvy Bride was a breath of fresh air. My bridal consultant Paige was phenomenal. She was so kind and patient in helping me find the perfect dress for my wedding. She took all of my wedding ideas and style ideas into consideration when pulling dresses for me to try on. When I became overwhelmed in my decision, she told me to go have lunch with my mom and sister and come back with fresh eyes. I cannot thank Paige enough for picking out the dress of my dreams. After purchasing my wedding dress I worked with the store owner, Michelle, and their seamstress, Lydia. Both of these women are amazing, and made all of my fittings a breeze. I highly recommend The Curvy Bride to all future brides. Thank you so much Michelle, Paige, and Lydia for making me look, and feel, like a beautiful bride on my wedding day and for such an extraordinary dress shopping experience.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Kim · Married on 09/29/2018

A wonderful experience! So nice to see my daughter try on gowns that actually fit! She looked and felt like a princess, which is what every bride deserves. There is a much needed market for bridal salons like this one. So glad we found it!

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

I had the best experiance here! From my first appointment trying on dresses to my final fitting and pick up everything was amazing! The staff and seamstress are wonderful! They made sure I was happy with every aspect of my dress for my big day. When I put it on yesterday to walk down the aisle it was amazing and it bustled beautifully for the reception. Thank you ladies for making my day so special!

Sent on 09/22/2018