The Caterist

940 Pitner Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Caterist

The Caterist is an Evanston, Illinois-based wedding catering service that specializes in delicious and custom menus. This is a seasoned catering service that has over 15 years of experience. The Caterist has a wonderful blend of talent and expertise that is sure to make your wedding day an unforgettable event for all who get to share it with you!

The Caterist offers many catering services for couples to choose from when customizing their wedding day. They also provide the delivery, setup and cleanup for the event. These services include the following:

• Buffet style
  • Dessert
  • Outside cake
  • Tastings

Cuisine
The Caterist can prepare meals from the following cuisine styles:

• African
  • Spanish
  • Thai
  • Vietnamese

Other Services
In addition, the Caterist can also meet the following dietary needs:

• Gluten free

The Caterist 5
The Caterist 6
The Caterist 7

Min · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Ana and The Caterist team did an exceptional job at the wedding I planned for two friends of mine. The whole process from the tasting to the wedding was seamless and Ana was always so responsive and professional. You can tell she truly cares for each of her clients because she paid so much attention to the little details and went above and beyond to make sure my friends' wedding day was the best day of their lives. With me being the planner and also in the wedding party, Ana was super accommodating of my schedule on the day of the wedding! Months before, she and I went over everything that I would not be able to handle such as deliveries, set ups, etc. and made me feel totally at ease leaving things in her hands. Her team also did such an amazing job - the service was impeccable and the level of professionalism was top notch.

The food was also absolutely delicious. Before the tasting, my friends had a hard time choosing what exactly they wanted to serve at their wedding because there were so many great options but Ana was great in helping them narrow it down based on their budget and taste. I had so many guests coming up to me complimenting the food and telling me this was the best meal they've had at a wedding. While we ended up outsourcing the majority of the desserts, Ana was so helpful with the logistics aspect of it such as how to serve it and even went so far as to create a custom gelato flavor for the bride and groom to add to their gelato offerings. She also packed breakfasts for the next morning for the bride, groom, and me and it's just those little things that make me so glad that I was able to work with her!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing food and even better service

We were thrilled with our wedding catering experience with the Caterist from start to finish! Ana was amazing and always went above and beyond for us. They blew us away with the initial tasting—which was a perfectly styled, decadent feast where we were served every food item we were considering—and kept that standard of service throughout our time with them. After our initial meeting, there was no way we could even consider another caterer. Ana worked hard to find the best setup for our budget and tastes, and she worked closely with our venue coordinator to make sure the evening went off absolutely seamlessly. She was the most responsive and helpful vendor we worked with. And most importantly, the food and custom cocktails were amazing and our guests loved it! Ana and her team were so incredibly thoughtful about every detail from beginning to end—at the end of the night, they even gave us breakfast boxes for the next morning. Our only regret is that we, as the bride and groom trying to talk to all our family and friends, didn't get to enjoy the food as much as our guests did! I would absolutely recommend the Caterist to any other couple planning their wedding, and would not hesitate to use them again.

The Caterist FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Beer, House Wine, House Liquor
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, BBQ, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 940 Pitner Avenue Evanston, 60202 See on map