940 Pitner Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Caterist

The Caterist is an Evanston, Illinois-based wedding catering service that specializes in delicious and custom menus. This is a seasoned catering service that has over 15 years of experience. The Caterist has a wonderful blend of talent and expertise that is sure to make your wedding day an unforgettable event for all who get to share it with you!

The Caterist offers many catering services for couples to choose from when customizing their wedding day. They also provide the delivery, setup and cleanup for the event. These services include the following:

• Buffet style
  • Dessert
  • Outside cake
  • Tastings

Cuisine
The Caterist can prepare meals from the following cuisine styles:

• African
  • Spanish
  • Thai
  • Vietnamese

Other Services
In addition, the Caterist can also meet the following dietary needs:

• Gluten free

The Caterist 5
The Caterist 6
The Caterist 7

Min · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Ana and The Caterist team did an exceptional job at the wedding I planned for two friends of mine. The whole process from the tasting to the wedding was seamless and Ana was always so responsive and professional. You can tell she truly cares for each of her clients because she paid so much attention to the little details and went above and beyond to make sure my friends' wedding day was the best day of their lives. With me being the planner and also in the wedding party, Ana was super accommodating of my schedule on the day of the wedding! Months before, she and I went over everything that I would not be able to handle such as deliveries, set ups, etc. and made me feel totally at ease leaving things in her hands. Her team also did such an amazing job - the service was impeccable and the level of professionalism was top notch.

The food was also absolutely delicious. Before the tasting, my friends had a hard time choosing what exactly they wanted to serve at their wedding because there were so many great options but Ana was great in helping them narrow it down based on their budget and taste. I had so many guests coming up to me complimenting the food and telling me this was the best meal they've had at a wedding. While we ended up outsourcing the majority of the desserts, Ana was so helpful with the logistics aspect of it such as how to serve it and even went so far as to create a custom gelato flavor for the bride and groom to add to their gelato offerings. She also packed breakfasts for the next morning for the bride, groom, and me and it's just those little things that make me so glad that I was able to work with her!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Stephanie B · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing!!!

The food at my wedding was amazing!!! Guests continue to talk about how much they loved the food (incredible flavor, fresh ingredients, and perfect warm temperature when served), which was so important to me. Working with Ana was an absolute pleasure. I could ask her anything and everything (and believe me, I did), even the smallest of details, and she addressed all of my questions and provided options to fit my budget and preference. From start to finish, I made many changes to the menu/proposal as I changed my mind several times during the wedding planning process, but Ana was always willing to make the updates. In the beginning when requesting a quote from The Caterist, I gave them a broad type of cuisine that I wanted (Mediterranean, and all gluten-free) and discussed my vision. The proposal came back as a beautifully put together presentation with elevated menu items described in such a delicious way, highlighting fancy and unique flavors/ingredients. I was so impressed and couldn't wait to select the items to try at the tasting! The tasting (which was much more reasonably priced than other caterers) was a fabulous experience - the table was set up with several different place settings and glassware, they had a signature cocktail specially created for us (which we ended up serving at the wedding, it was good!), and we were able to try a ton of options, we left so full! They had a nice gift (notepad book) waiting for us and even packed up the leftovers for us to take home. I'm so happy with the food and level of service and attention to detail that The Caterist provided. The wedding felt so seamless thanks to their team. The Caterist was instrumental in making my wedding incredible, and I'm so happy that they were able to accommodate dietary restrictions without sacrificing exceptional flavor.

Sent on 07/03/2019

The Caterist FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Beer, House Wine, House Liquor
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tapas, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, BBQ, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Sandwiches, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 940 Pitner Avenue Evanston, 60202 See on map