The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

$5k - $6k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens is a rustic garden wedding venue located in Princeton, Illinois. This venue was designed with accommodating weddings in mind. Botanical gardens and arboretum at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens provide a breathtaking wedding experience.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host up to 350 wedding guests at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens. The Great Hall is set with wood ceilings, several windows overlooking the grounds outside and an outdoor patio perfect for your cocktail hour. The gardens provide beautiful backdrops for your outdoor wedding ceremony.

The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens can provide the following event services:

• Getting ready suites
  • Setup and cleanup
  • Liability insurance
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound

Other Services
In addition to the above wedding related services, The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens can provide the following event items:

• Altar/arches
  • Tables and chairs
  • Barware and glassware
  • Parking with wheelchair access

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Glassware
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Barn
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Clean Up
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Lighting / Sound
Set Up

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Chairs
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Glassware

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
December

• Evan
    Evan F. Married on 04/03/2022

Fantastic venue. Fantastic help. Fantastic flexibility.

Lindsay is the event coordinator and is absolutely fantastic!! Great communicator and helps with all your needs and desires!
    Brianna W. Married on 10/02/2021

Perfect Venue!

This place was beyond what we had hoped to have for a wedding venue. From the building to the grounds, there were countless places to take pictures from. The staff was just as great as the location too. Several of our guests commented on both the beauty of the venue and the friendliness of the staff. I worked with Lindsay as my coordinator and she made sure everything the day of our wedding went off without a hitch. Wouldn't have chosen to get married anywhere else around here! It was truly one of the best days of my life so far and a day I will happily never forget!
    Sarah H. Married on 09/03/2021

The best of the best

ATTENTION BRIDES: We had our wedding at the Barn at Hornbaker Gardens in September and it was the best venue ever!! I’m so grateful to have found this place – it was PERFECT!!

First off, lets talk about the Barn layout: it’s absolutely GORGEOUS. The hallways, bathrooms and bride/groom rooms are spacious and I have to tell any newly engaged to-be brides that a venue with air conditioning AND bride/groom rooms are A MUST when checking venues (trust me on this!)

The grand ballroom in the Barn is HUGE. Perfect for receptions. Personally, I feel the pictures on the internet do not show the true size of the room…plus the vaulted wood ceilings create an elegant yet cozy feel. Additionally, the kitchen is larger than one would think; making it easy for caterers to get the job done right. One of the main perks of having a wedding at the Barn is the guests have free range of the ballroom but also the covered patio in the back - guests are able to mingle and mix and be while still being in range of the music and dancing. There is a winding brick layout complete with a fire pit as well in the back of the Barn for Brides who wish to have a fall/winter wedding as well as a set of bags (or “cornhole” or whatever else you call it) for anyone to play (I was grateful to have this at our wedding…it kept our groomsmen busy while the bridesmaids and I were finishing up getting ready)

Surrounding the Barn are acres and acres of lush, gorgeous botanical gardens. As the bride and groom, you have access to the entire ground for pictures (trust me when I say you will be amazed on how large the property is) along with a golf cart for easy access to take an array of pictures. From what I have seen, the changing of the colors no matter what season make a picturesque backdrop to any wedding photo.

Now, let’s talk about the Barn staff: No question about it, although the Barn and the surrounding gardens took my breath away when my then-fiancé and I pulled up to the Barn for the first time, it was the Barn Manager, Lindsay, who was one of the main reasons why we chose to have our wedding there.

From day one, we were greeted with a friendly smile and we both felt very comfortable with her. You can tell that not only does Lindsay love her job, but her staff respects her. **On a personal note, I have known Lindsay for over 2 years now so I can attest to her genuine personality! We were a COVID couple and unfortunately had to postpone our wedding a whole year – I cannot tell you how kind and helpful she was to me while I was having my a COVID bridal meltdown and needed to change my wedding date (you da best Linds).

The year leading up to the new wedding date, Lindsay was literally on my speed dial and guided me through every step of the way…no matter what question or concern I had, she answered my texts, calls and emails promptly and always went above and beyond to make sure I had the full picture and knew what to expect (even upon having a second COVID bride meltdown she still answered my calls!) so to say Lindsay is dependable is an understatement…let alone how awesome and fun she is!!! She has years and years in the wedding industry and can handle any curveball thrown her way…SHE IS WONDERFUL. LINDSAY IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL.

The day of our actual wedding, I was able to meet more of Lindsay’s staff and they were all so friendly and they definitely knew how to handle a large wedding… we didn’t have to worry about anything that night, Lindsay and her staff had the wedding and all the vendors running like a well-oiled machine…even the bartenders were amazing - not once did I even see a line at the bar! We could just sit back, relax and enjoy the wedding which meant so very much to me after years of wedding planning craziness!!

Thank you again to Linds and all the staff @ Hornbakers, you guys are the REAL MVPS!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pricing

ANDREW BLAKE BAND ANDREW BLAKE BAND Wedding Bands

This is a beautiful space for an event. Our client was thrilled with their result and we enjoyed performing there.

Sound Solution DJ Entertainment Sound Solution DJ Entertainment Wedding DJs

I had the pleasure of working with Tara and the staff at Hornbaker this past weekend. Not only is the venue itself beautiful, but I've worked countless events at various venues and this staff was one of the very best. Working with Tara was a breeze and the night went off without a hitch. Bride and Groom were very happy throughout the night, which makes all of our jobs easier. Thanks again!

Extreme DJs & Lighting Extreme DJs & Lighting Wedding DJs

Excellent Venue! We have been to Hornbaker Gardens quite a bit and it's a great experience every time. Such a beautiful room on an amazing property makes for the perfect location for a Ceremony and Reception. We frequently set up cafe lighting in this venue as well as provide DJ service and the staff is always quick to respond so we can coordinate setup and tear down times. They are always friendly and happy to help however they can. Finding a venue that truly cares about their clients and coordinates well with other vendors is harder to find than you might think. Hornbaker Gardens is truly a gem among the many wedding venue choices! Highly Recommend!

22937 1140 N Ave Princeton, IL, 61356
Location of (The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens)

Other vendors in Springfield for your wedding

Wedding Venues