The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens Reviews

16 | Princeton, IL

16 Reviews for The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens

• Evan

Evan F. · Getting married on 04/03/2022

Fantastic venue. Fantastic help. Fantastic flexibility.

Lindsay is the event coordinator and is absolutely fantastic!! Great communicator and helps with all your needs and desires!

Sent on 12/08/2020
  • Maggie

Maggie H. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Lindsay did not miss a beat the day of my Wedding!

The moment we drove up to the Barn, we fell IN LOVE with the beauty of this venue and couldn't wait to marry at The Barn. It is a STUNNING venue. I could not speak more highly of both Tara and Lindsay. Tara would check in with me regularly to see if I needed any help with the wedding planning process. Lindsay did not miss a beat the day of my Wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure the day was absolutely perfect. From getting there early to let my makeup girl in to set up to the hand-written note I found in my card box that brought me to tears. She is the most thoughtful and kind person. THANK YOU, ladies, for making my experience unforgettable!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 10/23/2020

The Barn and Lindsay are the best!

Well, besides it being the most beautiful venue there is, Lindsay is amazing. She assisted us from the start of the planning process to the finish. I discovered the Barn when I was in high school dating my now-husband, and I knew when we got engaged that I wanted our reception to be there. When we got engaged, they were my first stop. My story is one of the unfortunate ones where COVID took every original plan and crushed it, and I never did get to have my wedding reception at the Barn. The experience I had planning with Lindsay, though, is what would bring me back a million times and recommend this beautiful place to everyone. It started out with Lindsay being my coordinator, but it ended with her being my friend. I am so lucky I stumbled across the Barn many years ago and got to meet her. This place is worth every single penny and I highly suggest you hire them for your reception venue!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Jaclyn F. · Married on 12/28/2019

The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens

We are SO happy we chose Hornbakers as our reception venue. It’s absolutely beautiful, the service is amazing, and Tara was SO helpful throughout the whole process! We would recommend it to anyone and everyone :)

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Tara

Tara S. · Married on 11/16/2019

I woudn't change a thing!

We love The Barn and all that the space offers. We were able to create the perfect morning ceremony followed by Brunch! We celebrated all day with friends and family and ate one of the greatest meals ever by Mark Allen's American Kitchen. I wish we could relive this day!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Elisa

Elisa M. · Married on 09/28/2019

Dream Venue, Dream Wedding

100000% recommend this wonderful venue. From the moment we toured the place until the final hours of our night, the staff at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens exceeded our expectations in every way possible. We initially chose this venue because of the BEAUTY of the entire area, but getting to work with both Tara and Lindsay throughout this process was an added, stress-free bonus. The two of them were so kind, helpful, and detail oriented and were so attentive and sweet to me whenever I needed anything or had any questions! We had originally planned to have an outdoor ceremony, but it had literally flooded the night before our wedding forcing us to go with an indoor ceremony as the ground was just way too wet. I was not one bit disappointed to have the ceremony inside because it was still gorgeous and the Barn staff transitioned to the reception set up before we could even blink!! We truly had the perfect day at the PERFECT place. THANK YOU Hornbaker Gardens for a day we will cherish forever!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 09/27/2019

Jaw-Dropping Venue

I just recently had my wedding held at the barn and I couldn’t have asked for a more gorgeous venue. Lindsay was my go-to person for all my questions and requests and she did a FANTASTIC job. I got the most beautiful photos taken on the grounds. There are some absolutely gorgeous spots to take the most incredible pictures that cannot be replicated anywhere else!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Cindy

Cindy W. · Married on 07/28/2019

Exceptional

Our daughter was married and held her reception at The Barn at Hornbaker’s, and I cannot share enough positive words to accurately convey how exceptional their services, and consequently, our experience was.

Lindsay and Tara were professional, warm, communicative, helpful, calm, and encouraging throughout the entire process. Their staff was second-to-none. Every person went beyond expectations to help everything run smoothly. Just one example of their guest care was when one of our guests arrived to the Barn with just fumes in his gas tank and a newborn in the family. A staff member secured gasoline from somewhere on the property so this guest could make it to the nearest gas station after the reception.

The grounds and facility made a stunning backdrop to the wedding ceremony and reception. Every season is beautifully picturesque here.

The vendors with whom they work are wonderful. Hornbaker’s has a list of tried-and-true vendors to help your event e a success. We hired Mark Allen’s as our caterer, and they were exceptional.

Our daughter’s wedding was the wedding of her dreams thanks to the wonderful people at The Barn at Hornbaker’s. You will not regret booking your event with them!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Jordan A. · Married on 02/11/2019

Excellent Experience, HIGHLY recommend!

We loved this place and would choose it again if we had to!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/03/2018

Hands down amazing experience

We knew from the minute we saw the venue that it was going to be the one we chose for our wedding. Lindsay was the one who did our tour and she was also our coordinator for our wedding. Without her our wedding would not have been the same. She is extremely responsive and answered all of my questions (all 200 of them) extremely fast and without any hesitations. She worked with our vendors seemlessly even the ones she’s never worked with in the past. Not a single thing went wrong at our wedding and I can say without a doubt that would not have happened anywhere else. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and Lindsay’s attention to detail and help throughout the process made everything perfect. She also did the flowers for our wedding and took in everything that I wanted. I HIGHLY recommend working with them! We will forever be thankful that we did!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Courtney · Married on 07/28/2018

My Husband and I had our reception at the Barn late July! It was absolutely perfect in every aspect. My husband and I could not be more blessed with the way everything turned out. Coordinating with Lindsay was more than easy, it was an absolute breeze and stress free. This was the only venue my husband and I looked at and even considered! We had a 300+ final count. The barn is so accommodating for this, very spacious. It can be very hard to find venues that can accommodate large guest lists . This venue is seriously every photographers dream, so many different opportunities just waiting to be captured. Lindsay also did all of our flowers, both wedding and reception. They were absolutely beautiful and everything I imagined they would be. If you are planning your wedding or reception here there is absolutely no reason to look elsewhere for a florist! So convenient and so worth it! We have absolutely NO regrets & we would HIGHLY recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Kellie · Married on 07/03/2018

My husband and I got married at The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens last month. We had the absolute best experience there!! Tara Scott, the coordinator, was the most resourceful, helpful, organized, kind, and professional person to work with. She definitely helped make our experience better than what we ever could've imagined. She responded to all of my emails quickly and didn't get mad at me for sending 7 a day. She took care of everything and totally eased my mind the day before and the day of our wedding. The Barn is a breathtaking venue. We had so many compliments about our venue, even from people we didn't know! The entire staff did an amazing job or making our dreams come true for our wedding day. I would highly recommend this venue to any and every person looking! This place will go above and beyond all your expectations for your wedding day! The venue, the staff, and the views are unbeatable! We can't wait to go back and visit!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2018

The Barn at Hornbaker Gardens was beyond amazing for our June 2018 wedding. Not only is it a fairytale setting, but the staff are INCREDIBLE. We had the privilege of working with Lindsay on our wedding, and she also did all of our flowers. She is AMAZING, both in her role as venue coordinator and florist. She replies to email and phone calls quickly, is always full of helpful advice and recommendations, and she worked with all our vendors to make our day flow smoothly. Our flowers were out of this world beautiful, and at a price that’s almost too good to be true; we could not be happier. We held our ceremony outdoors under the beautiful new arch (decorated by Lindsay!) and had the Barn staff run our sound, including all the processional and recessional music and microphones for our officiant and readers. They did a great job—they were so professional, what a great service to include! The Barn includes so many details, like the tables and chairs, the bride & groom’s rooms, the barware & glasses for tables, the patio space, even small details like the bags game--it’s just the best you’ll find in central IL! The bar service was also amazing, and Lindsay worked with us to get a package that would work for our wedding, which was incredibly reasonably priced for a 200-person wedding. Honestly, we were sold the second we walked in—we would have paid all over again just to get to take our photos on their beautiful grounds!! I am SO happy we had our dream wedding here; it was absolutely gorgeous, and the staff were incredible—they made everything so easy for us on the planning side, and it was SO well executed on our wedding day! Cannot recommend this venue and these awesome people highly enough!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Jaime · Married on 10/13/2017

The Barn was so perfect! I had my wedding there on Friday Oct. 13 - it was absolutely beautiful! Everyone there was laid back, and extremely helpful with the planning process. Lindsay was SO helpful, and very accommodating not just the day of, but during the entire planning process. I would HIGHLY recommend having a wedding here! The scenery was beautiful, and the ceremony was nothing short of amazing. Even had we had to move the ceremony inside, I would not have been disappointed!

Thanks so much to Lindsay and everyone else at Hornbaker Gardens who helped to make our day perfect :)

Sent on 10/23/2017

Em · Married on 05/26/2018

Tara and The Barn staff were wonderful! The staff was organized and so helpful. The venue is just beautiful! Worth every penny we spent. We would recommend The Barn without hesitation.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Selena · Married on 09/11/2016

Love this place and would do it here all over again. It's unique, picturesque and most of all the staff fabulous!

Sent on 10/26/2016