7695 Mackville Road, Harrodsburg, KY 40330 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 3
  • Meet the Team

About Terrapin Hill Farm

Full of natural beauty and rustic charm, Terrapin Hill Farm a peaceful place to relax with family and friends. Nestled in the rolling hills of central Kentucky’s Bluegrass Region, our farm offers a variety of beautiful scenery, from panoramic views to secluded woodlands - plus all the amenities you need.

For those who want their celebration to last all night, we have accommodations in our 100 year old farmhouse and rustic cottages, we allow overnight camping, and we’ll keep the bonfire burning for as long as you like. At Terrapin Hill Farm, your “wedding day” can last the whole weekend long. Our 2-3 day packages are by far the most popular of all the ones we offer, but we can accommodate any size wedding and have special rates for elopements and micro-weddings.

Amenities include a covered pavilion, hand built cedar "chapel stage", restrooms, and changing rooms for the bridal party. The owners, Pete and Brenda, are on hand to make sure everything runs smoothly and to assist with any needs.

Our number one goal is to help you create the wedding of your dreams. Contact us now for more information!

• Woman-owned
Follow Terrapin Hill Farm on

Other couples have also viewed

• The Show Barn at Daynabrook Farms

Real Weddings 10 Photos

37 Reviews for Terrapin Hill Farm

Katelyn S. · Married on 05/08/2021

Magical perfection!

Literally perfection. We booked Terrapin for our wedding weekend. My husband’s groomsmen spent the night out there before the wedding, and everyone (including many of our out of town guests) camped, brought RVs/campers, and/or slept in the farmhouse and bunk cabins after the wedding. The chapel stage was absolutely perfect for our ceremony, and we held our reception at the pavilion. Everyone raved about the bonfire, and our friends Restless Leg String Band played the reception. We danced ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Being able to bring in our own catering (with no limitations) and our own alcohol really helped our budget...and our guests benefitted from the open bar. Pete and Brenda were the most fabulous hosts, and were extremely accommodating and helpful every step of the way. If you are looking for a private, picturesque place to hold your wedding...please look no further.

Sent on 05/10/2021

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

Thank you, Katelyn, we enjoyed hosting your beautiful wedding! And I'm glad the weekend package worked out so well for you and your guests.
  • Autumn

Autumn K. · Married on 10/24/2020

A fairytale place for a perfect fairytale wedding

My husband and I got married here on this past weekend, and it was beyond perfect. Not only was it naturally beautiful, but Brenda and Pete were very friendly and professional and did their utmost to male sure we had our perfect fairytale wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

We were honored to host your fairtytale wedding! And I enjoyed being your day-of coordinator too - had to go the extra-mile to make sure your caterer made it to the venue but I'll do whatever it takes!

Samantha · Married on 09/26/2020

Fantastic Experience

Beautiful farm! Everything was so perfect for our special day! Brenda and Pete were there to help with anything and to make any vision you have come true! Looking for a peaceful place to have your dream wedding. This is the place! Couldn’t have imagined it any better!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

Thank you Samantha. We're so happy we were able to help make your wedding just as you imagined it. We received several compliments from your guests as well!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Terrapin Hill Farm Pricing

Guests

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$3,063 - $4,288
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Ceremony
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Terrapin Hill Farm Price Rates

Terrapin Hill Farm FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1900
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1900
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 500
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Campsite/Cabin
    Farm/Ranch
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Markers
    Lighting
    Tables
    Tents
    Tent Accessories
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    April

• Terrapin Hill Farm 1
    3% discount for WeddingWire couples
  • Terrapin Hill Farm 2
    15% off for weddings on Sundays - Thursdays

If you book a wedding for any day Sunday - Thursday, we'll take 15% off the Classic Wedding package.

• Terrapin Hill Farm 3
    10% off for active military

If the bride and/or groom are active members of the military or first responders you may take 10% off the price of your chosen package.

Team of Terrapin Hill Farm

Brenda Cashel

Brenda Cashel

co-owner; head of marketing, communications, and finances

Hi! I'm Brenda, co-owner of Terrapin Hill Farm. When you first contact us I'll be the one you'll be talking to. You'll get to meet me when you come visit and take a tour, and I'll answer all your questions throughout the planning process. I handle all the paperwork, emails, payments, etc. If you choose to, you can hire me to be your day-of wedding coordinator, in which case I'll help you plan out your day and make sure it all works out as planned.

I love hosting weddings at our farm because they are such happy occasions. It's an honor to help a couple bring their dreams into reality, and it's also an honor to share our beautiful farm with others.

I think one of our best attributes as a venue (besides being gorgeous) is our flexibility. We have very few rules and will do our best to help you make your wedding a reflection of who you are as a couple.

The most common reason people choose our venue? "We're outdoorsy-type people and we just want something simple, relaxed, and fun". We've got that covered!

The best compliment is when I hear a guest say "this is the best wedding I've ever been to". Our goal is to make everyone - the bride and groom and all their guests - feel comfortable so they can have a good time and enjoy the special day.

+ More Details
- Less Details
Peter Cashel

Peter Cashel

co-owner; head of maintenance, construction, and bonfires

Hey there - I'm Pete, co-owner of Terrapin Hill Farm. My job is to keep the venue beautiful and build things. I built all the structures in the venue, including the pavilion, chapel stage, general store, the arches, and more. I also help out with set up and tear down, moving benches, chairs and tables, and building and lighting the bonfires. I'm an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church and can legally officiate any wedding.

My favorite part about hosting weddings is helping to make the couples happy and relaxed on their special day. Whether I'm behind the scenes or up front officiating, I'll do my best to make the day an easy, fun, low stress celebration.

One of the best parts of our venue is that it's easy to get to, but located far from the road so it's very private - once you're here you'll feel like the rest of the world is miles away. The handbuilt structures make our venue very unique, simple, and elegant.

Couples choose our venue because they feel comfortable and can be creative. You can choose your own caterer and whether or not you want a bar, and the option to stay overnight is a huge plus.

I appreciate it when people mention how beautiful the farm is. Even though the land itself is gorgeous, it does take effort to keep it all maintained. "Magical" is a word often used to describe Terrapin Hill Farm.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Royalty's Florist Wedding Florists

One of the most original rustic farms I have ever seen. Beautiful scenery with quiet serene charm. Nature's decor at work.

• 7695 Mackville Road Harrodsburg, KY, 40330 See on map
    8597347207 (Other Phone Number)
    Location of (Terrapin Hill Farm)