Terrapin Hill Farm

Up to 250 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3k - $4k For 100 Guests
Up to 250 guests

Terrapin Hill Farm is nestled in the rolling hills of the beautiful Bluegrass region of central Kentucky, the perfect setting for your perfect country wedding. Full of natural beauty and rustic charm, Terrapin Hill Farm is a peaceful place to relax with family and friends. The farm offers a variety of beautiful scenery, from panoramic views to secluded woodlands - plus all the amenities you need. The sprawling grounds and fresh air will delight you and your guests as they enjoy scenery as beautiful as your love.

You'll have a choice of several beautiful outdoor ceremony sites and the covered pavilion is the perfect spot for your reception. There are dressing rooms and overnight accommodations in the 100 year old farmhouse and rustic cottages, tent and RV camping is allowed, and who doesn't love a huge bonfire. At Terrapin Hill Farm, your “wedding day” can last the whole weekend long. Our 2-3 day packages are by far the most popular of all the ones we offer, but we can accommodate any size wedding and have special rates for elopements and micro-weddings.

The owners, Pete and Brenda, wil be on hand to make sure everything runs smoothly and to assist with any needs - their number one goal is for you to experience the wedding of your dreams and they have many years of experience to help make those dreams come true.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$1,900

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$1,900

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$500

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Barn
Campsite/Cabin
Farm/Ranch

What kind of settings are available?

Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Lighting
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

April
July
August
November

• Stephanie
    Stephanie T. Married on 04/30/2022

Dreams Come True

Working with Brenda and Pete for our wedding was the better than I could have ever hoped! They have a beautiful way of sharing their calm while you're in the chaos of day-of and last minute prep. The venue was absolutely stunning and I am so grateful we chose to celebrate our love at a place that emanates such a natural peace sense of wonder!

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

Thank you for your glowing review, Stephanie! It was a pleasure working with you on your beautiful wedding.
  • Jess
    Jess P. Married on 04/23/2022

Tracey and Jess Priddy wedding

Best day ever marring my beautiful wife at the best place ever. We where just looking online and found this place. It was everything I ask for on my wedding day. Brenda and Pete have a awesome set up. They are wonderful people they helped us with so much made things so easy. Their property is beautiful the whole weekend was just wonderful for us I’m so glad that we found them because once again it was everything we asked for. Brenda and Pete thank you for a beautiful day and wedding I will never forget it. Thanks Jess Priddy

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

We loved hosting your wedding, and we love that you and Tracey chose a new spot on the farm to have your ceremony - now we can add it to the list of beautiful ceremony locations!
    Melvin J. Married on 04/16/2022

The Perfect Day

It was a great day. The venue was perfect in every way. The staff of Terrapin went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. I highly recommend them for your own perfect day.

Terrapin Hill Farm's reply:

We love going above and beyond for our clients - it’s our goal to make sure you’re happy! Thanks for starting out our season with a super fun weekend!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Terrapin Hill Farm 1
Exclusive
Terrapin Hill Farm 2
Discount

If you book a wedding for any day Sunday - Thursday, we'll take 15% off the Classic Wedding package.

Terrapin Hill Farm 3
Discount

If the bride and/or groom are active members of the military or first responders you may take 10% off the price of your chosen package.

Pricing

Team

Brenda Cashel
Brenda Cashel
co-owner; head of marketing, communications, and finances

Hi! I'm Brenda, co-owner of Terrapin Hill Farm. When you first contact us I'll be the one you'll be talking to. You'll get to meet me when you come visit and take a tour, and I'll answer all your questions throughout the planning process. I handle all the paperwork, emails, payments, etc. If you choose to, you can hire me to be your day-of wedding coordinator, in which case I'll help you plan out your day and make sure it all works out as planned.

I love hosting weddings at our farm because they are such happy occasions. It's an honor to help a couple bring their dreams into reality, and it's also an honor to share our beautiful farm with others.

I think one of our best attributes as a venue (besides being gorgeous) is our flexibility. We have very few rules and will do our best to help you make your wedding a reflection of who you are as a couple.

The most common reason people choose our venue? "We're outdoorsy-type people and we just want something simple, relaxed, and fun". We've got that covered!

The best compliment is when I hear a guest say "this is the best wedding I've ever been to". Our goal is to make everyone - the bride and groom and all their guests - feel comfortable so they can have a good time and enjoy the special day.

Peter Cashel
Peter Cashel
co-owner; head of maintenance, construction, and bonfires

Hey there - I'm Pete, co-owner of Terrapin Hill Farm. My job is to keep the venue beautiful and build things. I built all the structures in the venue, including the pavilion, chapel stage, general store, the arches, and more. I also help out with set up and tear down, moving benches, chairs and tables, and building and lighting the bonfires. I'm an ordained minister with the Universal Life Church and can legally officiate any wedding.

My favorite part about hosting weddings is helping to make the couples happy and relaxed on their special day. Whether I'm behind the scenes or up front officiating, I'll do my best to make the day an easy, fun, low stress celebration.

One of the best parts of our venue is that it's easy to get to, but located far from the road so it's very private - once you're here you'll feel like the rest of the world is miles away. The handbuilt structures make our venue very unique, simple, and elegant.

Couples choose our venue because they feel comfortable and can be creative. You can choose your own caterer and whether or not you want a bar, and the option to stay overnight is a huge plus.

I appreciate it when people mention how beautiful the farm is. Even though the land itself is gorgeous, it does take effort to keep it all maintained. "Magical" is a word often used to describe Terrapin Hill Farm.

Royalty's Florist Royalty's Florist Wedding Florists

One of the most original rustic farms I have ever seen. Beautiful scenery with quiet serene charm. Nature's decor at work.

7695 Mackville Road Harrodsburg, KY, 40330
859-734-7207
Location of (Terrapin Hill Farm)

Other vendors in Lexington for your wedding

Wedding Venues