23 Reviews for Terrapin Hill Farm

Flatware (1)
Shuttle (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
23 Terrapin Hill Farm Reviews

Where better to have a music festival themed wedding than on a gorgeous farm that also hosts some? Nowhere! Terrapin Hill Farm well exceeded any and all expectations. From the friendly farm dogs that visit with you to the beautiful horses roaming the property, the animals give the venue an extra special touch.

We opted for the two-night weekend wedding package. It was the best money I’ve ever spent and easy to plan from out-of-state. Getting to spend two nights in the beautiful, renovated, old-timey farmhouse offered us an intimate weekend. The sun breaking through the lace curtains on the windows put us at ease as we woke. It’s spacious enough both of our immediate families could gather downstairs while the caterer cooked up a delicious menu and we readied ourselves upstairs. We had friends camp out both nights as well.

We took insight from the owners and chose Judy Gurnee to cater. She and her staff delivered an unforgettable meal. Guests commented our selections throughout the evening. Judy showcased Kentucky Proud items, many of the ingredients coming from Terrapin Hill Farm itself.

We hired two bands for the evening. Pete and Brenda were instrumental in helping us figure out the logistics.

Speaking of logistics - a huge storm system rolled through the evening before our wedding. We were unable to do a rehearsal run-through and it looked as if we might’ve had to do the entire ceremony/reception under the pavilion. They assured us every step of the way of how we would work with an alternative plan. The universe was looking out for us yet, and our day was gorgeous, sunny, and the perfect temperature. We loved the ceremony vows Pete chose!

We are forever grateful! Don’t hesitate to make this venue your magical wedding place!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Terrapin Hill was the *perfect* setting for our Kentucky farm wedding. We wanted a beautiful but laid back atmosphere, where the Kentucky landscape served as a backdrop. Pete and Brenda were lovely, and made sure things were covered before I even thought of them.

The setup at the farm was convenient and affordable, and filled all of our needs. You have the farmhouse, which is quaint and comfortable and provided plenty of space for hanging with family and friends, flower prep, makeup, hair styling, dress steaming, tie tying, etc.

The farm offers a gorgeous, laid back setting, with a multiple choices for your ceremony, reception, parking, photos, bon fire, complete with restrooms and cabins for overnight guests. We used the "chapel" for our ceremony, which is this gorgeous A frame structure in an aligning field with a backdrop of the forest. It has a boho look that I loved. I didn't even decorate it, and its so beautiful on it's own, the absence of flowers didn't standout at all. The reception area, the Pavilion, has a nice stone floor and the rafters are full of twinkly lights. It's open all the way around, but there are curtains that can be pulled for the weather. I had about 80 guests, and we used the round tables. Everything looked great. Pete and Brenda were very accommodating. If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with great scenery, this is an excellent choice.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't usually write reviews, but Pete and Brenda and the team at Terrapin Hill knocked it out of the park so well that I have to commit my sincere gratitude to writing. The wedding was just a few days after a music festival (2,000 people) and the farm was absolutely spotless when we arrived. The farmhouse is very well equipped, and everything went off without any problem. The pavilion was the perfect size for the 150 guests, and although we had great weather, should it have rained we wouldn't have worried as it closes in no problem. Lots of friends camped out across the property, and having bathrooms and showers was amazing. It is quite close to Harrodsburg making the trip for guests in hotels there very easy. We hosted a breakfast the following morning, and the local caterer Brenda reccommended, Dunns BBQ, who provided caseroles was amazing. Also: the shuttle provided by the farm to the hotel in the evening was so great! If you're looking for a relaxing wedding and a place to have a great party: this is it.

Profile Picture J, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A novel on our experience with Terrapin Hill Farm wouldn't serve it justice. Bride, groom, parents, guests, everyone over the moon with everything, multiple "best wedding ever" comments. After a 12 year courtship a "wedding" was a given, so showing friends & family a good time was our #1 priority. Rented for weekend & had a strong camping contingent. Bride & groom weren't on property Friday night but no issue allowing said campers to come in, set up, and enjoy the place on their own. Farmhouse is darling, kitchen is beautiful, master bridal suite perfectly appointed. Brenda (bless her) goes above & beyond what anyone should reasonably expect, and cool as a cucumber regardless of surrounding stress levels. We did a final tour 3 weeks out, fresh off winter & after record rain, and no doubt they moved mountains to get it ready for Spring events. DJ had so much fun we had to tell him to take it down a notch around 2am (he didn't, we were out there till well past 3). Bonfire was huge & glorious. Everyone was so at ease, complete strangers were mingling & taking photos together... our vocalist is now dating our officiant! The A frame chapel is special & unique, and the knob would have been just as gorgeous (Brenda & Pete were happy to wait till 11th hour to make decision between knob & chapel - once we figured out rain situation, but tents landed on knob Friday & made choice for us). Bought booze at Costco + great affordable caterer of our choice. All in; food, drinks & rental = 48 hours at THF or 6 hours from the in-town rentals (and would have required a second venue for after hours). With camping, carpooling, and THF Shuttle there were plenty of safe ways home. We were on cloud 9 for a solid 2 weeks after, and that's sans honeymoon and returning to jobs. When I think of other options we almost signed up for I could almost cry. I cannot imagine that most perfect day happening anywhere other than Terrapin Hill Farm. It fit US, in ways I could have never dreamed.

Profile Picture Amber, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was an absolute dream! In large part to all of the wonderful venue and staff! The location is gorgeous and the staff was so helpful and kind to help us with the set up!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Party Supplies

We had a really great experience with Terrapin Hill Farm! They helped us out all through the way to make sure we were at ease, stress free, and happy! They are great to work with!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Terrapin Hill Farm was the PERFECT venue for our wedding ceremony and reception! Pete and Brenda were such wonderful hosts, helping me prepare for possibly a 300 person wedding. The property was absolutely gorgeous and I don't think a single thing could have been any better! The girls got ready upstairs in the farmhouse, the guys got ready downstairs. Our caterer used the kitchen to prep our food. We took our first look photos up on the hill (SO beautiful!) and ceremony was by the A frame pavilion, reception in the covered pavilion. We used a couple extra pop up tents for more seating and had both a large and smaller fire going to cook smores over for dessert. This venue is incredible for the price and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a beautiful outdoor wedding!!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brenda and Pete the owners of Terrapin Hill Farm are incredibly wonderful and helpful people to work with while planning and hosting a wedding. I had millions of unorganized, detail-oriented questions, and they answered each and everyone, promptly and efficiently. We originally chose the farm because it is absolutely beautiful, and then we were really sold when we found out all of the rentals that were included in the cost. They provided tables, chairs, linens, vases, directional signs, lights, and a teepee arch! We were able to have our rehearsal dinner at the farm house, we rented all weekend. They set up all the tables, chairs, arch, that we needed early in the day Friday in order for us to decorate for the ceremony/reception, before having our rehearsal dinner. Everything was so organized and just as I would ask if something could be done, it was already in the process of being done. My "expectations" were really blown out of the park with the way they showed up and made the entire weekend, start to finish, absolutely perfect. My husband and I even stayed later Sunday morning to talk to them about the wedding. They just make you feel like family and want to make sure you are at easy and not worrying about anything at all. I will forever remember this day and how perfect everything was, thanks to how wonderful they were to work with.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Planning

We celebrated our wedding on October 2nd. Brenda and Pete were very helpful. They allowed us to come view the property when it was available to plan. There is multiple places for the ceremony and a pavilion that can be used as back-up. We opted for the overnight package. Worth the money especially if you plan on having alcohol at your wedding. They have a farm house with a full kitchen and plenty of couches and a full size fridge. There is indoor accommodations for roughly ten or so as well as 3 cabins that have twin bunks. There is also camping allowed on site for those who wish to do so. There is also a full size bed in a separate room for the happy couple. It also includes a bonfire that Pete keeps up with for you. I made small changed up until the day before my wedding and they accommodated. They do not have a certain vendor you have to use and they also offer farm to table catering. Although we didn't use that they brought their grill from Lexington for us so we could grill out. Pete had a golf cart that is available for use for anyone that cant make it up the hill. Our day was perfect and we are so glad we chose terrapin.

Photos
Profile Picture Rachelle , 10/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Set Up

We just celebrated our wedding at Terrapin Hill and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is beautiful!! Also Brenda and Pete were great to work with. We had to plan this wedding from another state, and there help was fantastic. They made so many great recommendations. Can't imagine doing this without them! Best. Wedding. Weekend.

Profile Picture Hope, 9/30/17, 1 Review
4.3

The venue had 3 package options, we chose the second option. They provided the tables, chairs and linens. Some of the tablecloths were stained but we didn't mentioned this, I'm sure if we had they would have exchanged them out for us.

Profile Picture Sara, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Terrapin Hill Farm was the perfect space for my husband and I to celebrate our marriage together with family and friends!! Our wedding was on Sat July 1 and we held the rehearsal and dinner there on Friday. Brenda was more than helpful in answering endless questions I had during the planning process and helped me to feel really comfortable due to the fact That we were planning a wedding from hundreds of miles away. Pete, Brenda and Clayton were ready and available the whole weekend arranging the site and preparing for everything that needed to come together to help us have a wonderful wedding weekend! We would highly recommend Terrapin Hill for your wedding or any celebration. Also, we had Restless Leg String Band, ( THF house band) play during the ceremony and reception and they are a great group of musicians and very well rehearsed! They even learned how to play 'Here comes the Bride' for me! And Judy Gurnee catered food for the weekend and we couldn't have been happier with her delicious selection. We loved the fact that we got to eat fresh vegetables, pork and chicken straight from the farm!! Thanks to all for a fabulous wedding experience!

Profile Picture Devon, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding June 2017. We couldn't have been happier with the farm and services. Brenda and Pete we're very helpful and worked with our ideas ( and lack of ) . We will have great memories of our special day and the people who helped make it simple and a lot less stressful. I highly recommend Terrapin Hill farm for your event if your looking for a beautiful setting and great people to work with.

Profile Picture bethany, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I left a review on Facebook but realized I have yet to leave one on the website. My wedding was May, 13th 2017. Everything was absolutely amazing! The owners and staff at Terrapin are friendly, kind and oh so helpful!! They went above and beyond to ensure that I would have the perfect day, and that I did.

Profile Picture Cariebeth_Yates@hotmail.com, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly

I couldn't imagine having a wedding anywhere else. Getting married is such a special time in a person's life and Brenda and Pete know exactly how to make that time the best it could possibly be. Their property is breathtaking. After the wedding, (and after the most epic, gigantic bonfire) my husband and I just sat looking at the stars and taking all in. That is the most unforgettable moment of my life. It wouldn't have been possible without these two awesome people and their generosity in sharing their beautiful farm with us.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most amazing wedding weekend at Terrapin Hill. Brenda and Pete were wonderful to work with. We planned our wedding long distance. Brenda was in close communication with us, able to answer our questions, and provide advice/contacts if desired. During our wedding weekend Brenda and Pete were available to help with anything! We paid extra to have Brenda as "day of coordinator" which was well worth it. Both were available to help out and take care of matters but not invasive or overwhelming by any means. I think it is a good sign that looking back on our weekend, I see times when I could have actually leaned on Brenda and Pete a little more than I did! They were very helpful and thought of things I did not! To boot, our guests expressed how much they enjoyed our wedding. Comments I heard were: beautiful, laid back, relaxed, enjoyable, not stressful. Our goal was a more low-key wedding, Terrapin Hill was the perfect locale with the most enjoyable hosts that fostered our simply joyful wedding weekend.

Profile Picture Anna, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brenda and Pete were gracious hosts who were very willing to help us in whatever way we needed on our big day. Beautiful grounds and facilities, clean restrooms, and helpful staff helped to ensure that everything that could be done to make our wedding a success, was done. Very reasonable requirements for the cleanup and no restrictions on vendors. Thanks again to everyone at Terrapin Hill Farms for helping to make our Big Day so special!!! Would recommend to anyone interested in an outdoor wedding and reception. -Jenny & Josh

Profile Picture jennifer, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Bartender(s), Linens

I can't say enough good things about Brenda and Pete and the farm. Brenda was so easygoing, while still staying on top of everything, and I definitely needed that in the stress of wedding planning. I opted to use her as a coordinator and that was such a great help.

The farm is beautiful and had everything we need. We held our ceremony at the Chapel Stage and reception under the pavilion. We had rain up until 5 minutes before the ceremony started so we thought we were going to be forced into a ceremony under the pavilion. While that would have been fine, it wasn't what I had dreamed of and I was having a sad. Brenda and my MOH took control and used that 5 minutes of rain relief to move 100 chairs and guests back to the Chapel Stage. That was incredible and I am so glad, because it all felt perfect once I started walking down the aisle.

Pete bartended for us and my friends really enjoyed him. Several of them have been to festivals at the farm before so they loved getting some time with the couple that makes it all happen. Pete also maintained a big bonfire for us and our guests got to relax around it and roast marshmallows.

Favorite things about the farm:
-No noise restrictions! This was an issue with some other locations but on the farm, we got to play our music loud and not worry about it.
-No hard in/out. We got to come Friday and set up/rehearse, and came back Sunday to tear down. No fuss, no rush. We opted for the overnight package, worth it. We had about 30 friends that love camping and saving money, so they continued the party after we left and no one had to find a way home that night. Highly recommend this option, if you have any campers on your guest list.
-No contracted vendors. I really can't stand vendors who force certain caterers down your throat. You are free to use whoever you like here, though Brenda was happy to recommend some when I asked.
-BYOB. This saves a lot of $$

I have run out of space - eek! In summary, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tents, China, Flatware, Linens

We had a beautiful wedding at Terrapin Hill Farm earlier this month. Our experience was wonderful from the start of our communication with the owners all the way through our wedding day.
The owners had great ideas for decor and were very knowledgable about setting up their venue to meet our needs. They responded to all of our questions in a timely manner and also allowed us to visit the site multiple times before our wedding date. The staff of the farm were there the day of the wedding to help us out in any way possible which really made the day easy on us!
The venue itself is very beautiful. It's very natural and rustic. We got married on the chapel stage and had our reception under the pavilion. All of the guests commented on how pretty it was.
I cannot say enough good things about this venue and strongly suggest it to any soon-to-be bride in the area!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I've been going to Terrapin Hill Farm for their festivals for years with my now husband. We knew from the moment we decided to get married that Terrapin Hill was the place we wanted our special day to happen. The farm is beautiful! Our ceremony was held on a hill overlooking the amazing countryside. The reception was at the pavilion and was perfect. Pete, Brenda and the rest of the Terrapin staff were absolutely amazing! They helped us with every detail we needed. Their efforts really made our big day exactly what I had dreamed of!

Profile Picture User4361061, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience at Terrapin! Brenda, Pete, and their staff member Charlie, were so incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the whole process. The venue provided a beautiful backdrop for our wedding that our guests are still raving about. It is the perfect venue for the couple that loves nature and wants something laid back and cozy. Make sure to get the bonfire!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Terrapin Hill Farm in July was beautiful and we can't thank Brenda and Pete enough for helping us to make it so special. We chose Terrapin Hill because of the gorgeous setting and the perfect facilities for an outdoor wedding. Their new stage, put up right before the wedding day was stunning and perfect for the ceremony. Brenda and Pete helped us with so many details and since it was very much a DIY wedding, we asked a lot of them. They helped so much in the planning stages too, recommending an amazing caterer Judy Gurnee and an excellent contact for a bluegrass band. The weather was tenuous leading up to the big day and they were happy for us to make multiple visits to concoct our plan B. The evening was so relaxed and guests loved wandering the property, and there is nothing like looking up at all those stars! We had a bonfire which my guests loved and they even brought their gorgeous Basset Hound puppies for a visit (at my request). Overall I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a lovely space to create their own unique event. It will likely be a little more work for you than a more traditional wedding venue (this is a working farm after all) but it was well worth it and you have the satisfaction of knowing you planned every detail.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Terrapin Hill Farm made for the most amazing wedding for my husband and I! If you are looking for a venue that doesn't bog you down with rules, and limitations all while providing an amazing setting and atmosphere look no further! Brenda and Pete (farm owners) are such amazing people, offering their amazing land and services speaks volumes on their behalf. Brenda was so helpful and so easy going about the entire process it almost made it feel like you were planning with a friend. I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out. It rained on our wedding day, and was a bit chilly, but Brenda and Pete made sure everyone stayed comfortable and cared for. This venue allows you to choose what you would like for your big day and on your time. No hidden costs for things you may not need or want, and always a quick and friendly reply to any questions you may have while planning. I couldn't speak more highly of another venue because there are none like it! You and your family and friends will love it! Thanks so much Terrapin Hill Farm!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/11/14, 1 Review