Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 Map · Phone number

About Taken by Light Photography

"The still photograph is to moving pictures what poetry is to prose -
less comprehensive perhaps, less literal even, yet somehow capable of expressing a deeper truth."

- Anonymous -

We (Paul and Che) are a Husband and Wife Photography Team based in Bay Area, CA. Photography is our passion and it is one of the things that brought us together as a couple. Our style consists of candid and photojournalistic approach which gives our photos a unique, truthful and interesting perspective - the fusion of art and photography.

We LOOOVE taking photos of kids, pets, families and couples. Every person we meet tells a different story and we would like to capture the essence of this story with our art. If you give us the opportunity to document your special occasion, we will make sure that the warmth and joy of each moment is captivated in every shot. Most things in life are a pith of delight and we want to capture and make it a lifetime of pleasure through our photographs.

Follow Taken by Light Photography on

blogesessionvivianjerry11tbl2011
blogweddingvictoriaryan03tbl2011

4 Reviews for Taken by Light Photography

Natalie · Married on 10/06/2012

Paul and Che from Taken by Light are amazing! They have such talent and are so friendly and open. They worked with our day of schedule and it just seemed so easy. I have referred them to two friends already and have gotten a ton of compliments. They are actually based in the San Francisco area, but we flew them down for the wedding, for just a little extra money. They are great photographers and offer great value for their cost.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Justin · Married on 10/10/2010

Paul and Che were the photographers for our wedding. They are professional, creative and most important willing to listen to our ideas and work with us. As you can see from their portfolio they bring a fresh and unique eye to wedding photos. We highly recommend them, and in fact we did! They also were the photographers for our friends wedding.

Sent on 03/06/2011

karen kate · Married on 08/10/2010

~these couple are known to be not just an ordinary people, They are also known for their extraordinary work.. Photography is just their past time, But when you look at their portfolio "WOW" will not be enough to express how you will feel with their masterpieces.. When I first saw their portfolio in their site (Taken by light photography) I told myself that, They will be the one who will capture our moments before, during & after the wedding.. 3 months of wedding preparation is not enough but when I finally see our wedding engagement session photo's, I wanted to shout for the excitement that I felt because I didn't expect that these time will come & I will brag to people my own wedding engagement session photo's until the special day came "Our Wedding", I was so nervous because I wanted it to be perfect, All I wanted is to smile in front of the camera even if I don't have too much strength because of the exhaustion.. After the wedding I am too much but excited to see our wedding photos. OMG is all I can say because I am so speechless when I saw the pictures, I was so amazed & of course my husband because of the wonderful moments that Che captured, OMG Im really look like a princess..My friends were telling me that these pictures are wonderful & brilliant.. If you are planning to get married I will not hesitate to call these couples to capture your own special moments.

Sent on 08/28/2010