728 S. Shelmore Blvd. Suite 102, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Sweetgrass Social Event + Design

Sweetgrass Social Event and Design was co-founded in 2009 by Meredith Severs and Jacqueline Volz. Since then, the pair have been able to combine their event experience to plan extraordinary events through out the lowcountry.

Please contact us today for your complimentary consultation.

info@sweetgrasssocial.com

Follow Sweetgrass Social Event + Design on

Other couples have also viewed

• Engaging Events, LLC
lindsay ty faves 90 1024x683
5fc866345e887b38 1468269081958 0748neelya 1024x683

31 Reviews for Sweetgrass Social Event + Design

Kyle H. · Getting married on 12/03/2021

HIGHLY Recommend Sam and Sweetgrass!

Sam and the team at Sweetgrass were not only extremely pleasant to work with, but they kept us on the right track and offered guidance the entire way. We felt at ease knowing Sam was on top of every detail. When we were researching wedding planners, all the other vendors had great things to say about Sweetgrass and now I know why. I would highly recommend them! Thank you Sam and team for making our wedding and the entire experience one we will always remember and our guests will always talk about!

Sent on 03/21/2021
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/14/2020

Sweetgrass Social will take your wedding to the next level!

If you wondering if a wedding planner is 'worth' it - take it from a bride who began planning before a pandemic and had a wedding in a pandemic, IT 100% IS! Sweetgrass Social, Meredith Tanton specifically, is an absolute dream to work with.

In the beginning stages of planning there was no pandemic yet and Meredith was on top of everything. She is extremely organized and each time speaking with her she was able to clearly and concisely let my fiance and I know exactly what needed to get done and by when. She researched local vendors as well as trusted vendors she had worked with before and presented them to us and really helped us narrow down our selections. Meredith made an effort to get to know me, my personality, and my style to really design a wedding that suited me.

Once we booked vendors, some of which were her suggested vendors but some I found on my own - she was a great liaison for us - all of our vendors absolutely adored Meredith and respected her professionalism and organized attitude.

Once the pandemic hit instant panic hit, as we weren't sure exactly how this would affect our wedding day. Our wedding was November 14, 2020 so back in March we were sure this pandemic would blow over. With the quick experience Meredith picked up from her pandemic weddings in those early months, she was able to quickly give us options as backups and how we could still have the day of our dreams and still have our guests be safe and comply with local COVID-19 safety guidelines. Mind you, she kept us abreast of these ideas WHILE she was totally changing and reworking other weddings she had. Even with headcount adjustments (some even the week of the wedding) she was able to pivot immediately with ease and have updated plans for us. She kept herself up to date with the ever changing COVID-19 restrictions in our localized area (Lexington, Virginia) as well as in contact with our venue to make sure all of her plans were compliant and we were still happy.

As our wedding weekend commenced Meredith and her assistant Sam were such calming forces. Not once did I feel flustered or question how the day would turn out, because they were on top of everything. Meredith and Sam made our bridal party and family feel comfortable on the day of the rehearsal so everyone felt confident leading into the big day. They also made several trips up to the venue to help vendors set up throughout the weekend and make sure progress was being done in a timely manner.

On the wedding day - everything went off without a hitch! Meredith ensured the bridal party had everything they needed to feel comfortable, relaxed, and fed (VERY important) on the hours leading up to the wedding. She worked with our vendors on the day of to really ensure the day went off without issue and smoothly. I've received several compliments about how perfectly the day went without any missteps or slip ups - during the entire day (guests arrival, ceremony, reception, and departure).

I can't thank the team at Sweetgrass Social enough or Meredith enough because in a chaotic world she was able to make me feel at ease and have a wedding I didn't even think possible. My wedding experience and day was elevated because of the hard work of Meredith & the Sweetgrass Social team.

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth S. · Married on 01/25/2020

Hands down, the best wedding coordinators in the Lowcountry!

Hands down, the best wedding coordinators in the Lowcountry! Meredith and her team were a pleasure to work with and to be honest, Meredith has been much more than just an amazing wedding planner. She has been a friend and therapist, helping navigate through almost every situation imaginable during the planning process. Our wedding was everything we could dream of, every detail of the weekend was prefect. Nothing was over looked, from the timeline to decor, which took a ton of stress off this detail oriented bride. I highly recommend Sweetgrass Social to any bride looking to have the wedding of their dreams and looking to work with some of the most talented people in Charleston. Thank you so much Meredith, Sam and the rest of the Sweetgrass Social team!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Award

Sweetgrass Social Event + Design FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 7000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 9500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Destination
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Real Wedding

• 728 S. Shelmore Blvd. Suite 102, Suite 102 Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464 See on map
    By Appointment Only
    Location of (Sweetgrass Social Event + Design)