Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Susan Hennessey Photography

Timeless, emotional and joyful photography.

I'm a photographer based in Moorestown, New Jersey, specializing in weddings, engagements, maternity, and family portraits. I take a candid and lifestyle approach when shooting, utilizing natural light and looking for those moments when my subjects are laughing, rather than posing.

I've spent years in the photography world - first as a student at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and later in magazine publishing and photo editing. Now, I'm happy to have found a home behind the camera, and grateful to be doing what I love full time - capturing the moments in life that matter most.

I was married in the Spring of 2016, and I know wedding planning is both really fun and super stressful, and that the moment you see your photos is almost as special as the one when you walk down the aisle. That’s why I make it a goal to be the easiest vendor you’ll hire, and why I work hard to capture images that will bring tears of joy to your eyes. A wedding is one day, but your photos are forever. Capturing those once-in-a-lifetime moments is a responsibility that, as a photographer and a newlywed, I take very seriously.

When I’m not photographing a wedding or editing images from a recent shoot, you’re most likely to find me watching reruns of Friends, drinking wine, decorating my home, cooking a fancy dinner with my husband, and playing with our three rambunctious cats.

Thanks for visiting my website! I can't wait to work with you.

Susan

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Northern New Jersey, Southern New Jersey, Philadelphia, Wilmington + 2 Additional Regions

Follow Susan Hennessey Photography on

Liability Insurance (1)
Canvas (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)

Hiring Susan as the photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Leading up to our wedding day, she answered any questions that I had right away which kept me at ease. She also created a timeline for the day, which was very helpful to keep us on track to get all the photos we wanted. The day of the wedding she arrived early, kept us on schedule, and was so pleasant to be around all day. The people I hired to do my hair were late, so we were behind and when Susan arrived, my hair and makeup had not even been started yet. Somehow, Susan managed to keep us on schedule and get a lot of shots in our bridal suite, when we only had 10 or 15 minutes to spare before the ceremony began. She kept us on the exact schedule that we created for the entire day, even with Center City, Philadelphia traffic! Susan and her assistant were very organized all day. They were quick and efficient, especially when gathering different family members together for photos. Within less than a week, she sent us a sneak peak of our photos. I was expecting a couple of photos, but she gave us a bunch of her favorites and wrote a nice blog about our day! Everyone absolutely loves the photos and keeps asking me where I found my photographer. We were so lucky to have found her. My husband and I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos soon! We highly recommend hiring Susan for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Linda, 11/17/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter

Choosing Susan as our wedding day photographer was the BEST decision we made. Susan was the first vendor we booked after choosing our venue and was such a big help with creating our 'day of' timeline. For our engagement shoot we were both feeling a little camera shy at first but working with Susan feels like you are working with a close friend. She made us feel so comfortable and we ended up having SO much fun and of course the pictures were stunning. On our wedding day Susan and her team helped keep us on schedule and did a FANTASTIC job of making sure we had all of our 'must have' shots. Susan is so organized and has such a great personality and is truly the best to work with. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing, we could not have asked for anything more. Susan is amazing at what she does and goes above and beyond in all aspects!! Even after the wedding day Susan was so great about keeping in touch and working hard to get the photos completed! I can't wait to find another opportunity to work with Susan!!

Profile Picture Sam, 9/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Susan was the photographer for our small outdoor August wedding, and it was so wonderful working with her! She photographed my best friend's wedding, so I was so excited to find out she would be available for mine. Susan made everything so easy from the time we contacted her all the way through receiving our wedding photos. On the wedding day, she made us feel so relaxed, and she captured our day so perfectly! I love reliving the day looking at our beautiful photos!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/17, 1 Review