33 Reviews for Susan Hennessey Photography

Canvas (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)
32 Susan Hennessey Photography Reviews

Hiring Susan as the photographer for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. Leading up to our wedding day, she answered any questions that I had right away which kept me at ease. She also created a timeline for the day, which was very helpful to keep us on track to get all the photos we wanted. The day of the wedding she arrived early, kept us on schedule, and was so pleasant to be around all day. The people I hired to do my hair were late, so we were behind and when Susan arrived, my hair and makeup had not even been started yet. Somehow, Susan managed to keep us on schedule and get a lot of shots in our bridal suite, when we only had 10 or 15 minutes to spare before the ceremony began. She kept us on the exact schedule that we created for the entire day, even with Center City, Philadelphia traffic! Susan and her assistant were very organized all day. They were quick and efficient, especially when gathering different family members together for photos. Within less than a week, she sent us a sneak peak of our photos. I was expecting a couple of photos, but she gave us a bunch of her favorites and wrote a nice blog about our day! Everyone absolutely loves the photos and keeps asking me where I found my photographer. We were so lucky to have found her. My husband and I cannot wait to see the rest of the photos soon! We highly recommend hiring Susan for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Linda, 11/17/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter

I cannot say enough good things about Susan and her work! My husband and I got married 9/24/17 on the beach in Avalon. We used her for both our engagement and wedding photos. We never had professional photos taken so were very nervous at first that we would be very uncomfortable. She made us feel SO comfortable in front of the camera! It felt very natural and it definitely showed in the photos. I also really loved her process. The engagement shoot made us comfortable with Susan and the camera and let us know exactly what to expect. We filled out a questionnaire for wedding day so she could made a list of all of the photos we wanted. We got to look over the final list before the big day. The day of, Susan was a BOSS! So nice and sweet as always, but was extremely organized, had a plan, and was able to get everyone where they needed to be for photos in the timeframe we had. The results are more than we could have ever wished for. She captured so many beautiful candid moments. Our posed pictures are just as fabulous. We also got the album from her and are so happy with it. She did an amazing job of making the book flow, something that I found to be very difficult when I did my own engagement photo album. Also, we never had an issue contacting her. She’s so responsive, which was very nice when you are emailing so many people about your wedding day. We love her so much that we’re going to get our maternity and newborn photos taken by her! I HIGHLY recommend choosing Susan as your photographer! She’s the best!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing Susan as our wedding day photographer was the BEST decision we made. Susan was the first vendor we booked after choosing our venue and was such a big help with creating our 'day of' timeline. For our engagement shoot we were both feeling a little camera shy at first but working with Susan feels like you are working with a close friend. She made us feel so comfortable and we ended up having SO much fun and of course the pictures were stunning. On our wedding day Susan and her team helped keep us on schedule and did a FANTASTIC job of making sure we had all of our 'must have' shots. Susan is so organized and has such a great personality and is truly the best to work with. Our wedding pictures are absolutely amazing, we could not have asked for anything more. Susan is amazing at what she does and goes above and beyond in all aspects!! Even after the wedding day Susan was so great about keeping in touch and working hard to get the photos completed! I can't wait to find another opportunity to work with Susan!!

Profile Picture Sam, 9/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Susan was the photographer for our small outdoor August wedding, and it was so wonderful working with her! She photographed my best friend's wedding, so I was so excited to find out she would be available for mine. Susan made everything so easy from the time we contacted her all the way through receiving our wedding photos. On the wedding day, she made us feel so relaxed, and she captured our day so perfectly! I love reliving the day looking at our beautiful photos!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I absolutely loved working with Susan! She was so professional throughout the entire process. She got back to me so quickly if I ever had a question! My husband and I did an engagement shoot with her before she photographed our wedding, which we really loved because it was good practice in front of the camera! She was so organized and flexible as well, which are really important with a photographer! Thanks again Susan!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Susan captured our special day perfectly! She has a great energy, is very flexible, and has an amazing eye. Susan did both our engagement photos and wedding day pictures and not only are the pictures stunning, but they were completed within a timely manner. During the day, we ran a bit behind on time and she was able to get us back on track before the ceremony while getting us every picture we wanted! Susan was by far a top vendor pick for our special day.

Profile Picture Amber, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan was a pleasure to work with! Extremely prompt with all responses, took detailed notes along every step of the process and she was excellent at organizing our day. She made sure we got where we needed to be on time & that we got all the photo combinations we wanted. She's super easygoing and was a delight to spend our day with! The photos came out beautifully and when she sent us our final photos, it came with a personal thank you note, a framed photo and a USB drive with all our photos. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made for capturing our day!

Profile Picture Luke, 7/1/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

I would highly recommend Susan to anyone! From our first email to the last photo on our wedding day, Susan went above and beyond. Before the wedding, she answered all my emails and questions within minutes. She kept everything SO organized leading up to the wedding and took a lot of time to plan the shot list and our wedding time line out so the day of would run smoothly, while making sure she had time to capture every photo that I wanted (which she did!) Not only was she awesome to work with, but we got so many many pictures back that we absolutely love! Another thing we liked about Susan was during the reception she snuck us out for a "sunset picture" and "night shot" which turned out amazing! I would definitely highly recommend using Susan Hennessy Photography!

Profile Picture Christa, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan was so great through the whole process!! She was there whenever we had any questions and was willing to travel. We are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos! She did a beautiful job, and I would sincerely recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Angela, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Susan. My husband is very camera shy and she kept him laughing and comfortable the entire time. We both have large families and Susan made sure well before the wedding that we had a concrete plan in place to make sure we got every shot that we wanted. I've had other friends and family members tell me how their photographers annoyed them the entire wedding reception, we still talk about how we didn't even notice Susan was there. That's what makes a great photographer, we not only enjoyed ourselves but she got real photos that show expression in everyones faces which I adore. If you're looking for a fun, creative and sweet photographer to make your day that much more special I would definitely recommend Susan. We love our photos so much and cannot wait to look through them over and over through our lives together. Thanks Susan!

Profile Picture Andrew, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan was one of the first people we booked for our wedding. From the start, she was very personable and responsive to all emails. She truly did her best to make the wedding process a little less stressful for us. Prior to the wedding, Susan made sure that the day was completely planned out for us and checked/re-checked the list of pictures we needed, and the ones we wanted. Susan made sure it ALL happened and was very flexible when we would add in an idea for a shot here and there, and was willing to add an extra hour on to her time the week before the wedding for us. My husband and I are not good with the "kissing pictures", however, Susan surprisingly made it incredible un-awkward for us. Susan completely understood that my husband and I did not want to be pulled out of the reception for pictures. We got them all completed prior to the cocktail hour so we could enjoy our night. We just received a sneak peek of our wedding pictures from almost 2 weeks ago and they are absolutely stunning. We cannot wait to see the other moments she captured from the best night ever!!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is not one thing that I would change about Susan and her second shooter. She is so talented, funny, and my favorite, organized! I did not have to stress at all about timing the day and getting specific shots. She did EVERYTHING with a smile on her face. She was my favorite vendor and I could not have had my perfect wedding without her. Quality of the photos are out of this world, she does artsy shots and just enough traditional. I thank my lucky stars that I found her. You will too!

Profile Picture erica, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely adored having Susan as our wedding photographer back in September 2016. Susan not only is incredibly responsive and creative, but also will end up coordinating your whole day by making sure every shot in your list is accomplished. We had lots of ideas for the shots, and Susan suggested some more as well as some changes that made complete sense. She is extremely responsible *and* a sweetheart, you will feel as having a friend taking your pictures (and we met the 'day of' as I live out of town). We then were thrilled when we got the link with all the wedding pictures; Susan has that desired ability of capturing emotions in the most beautiful way. You certainly won't regret hiring Susan for capturing all those memories you want to keep from your big day.

Profile Picture Ricardo, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Susan is simply the BEST! I couldn't have asked for a better photographer on my wedding day! She is friendly and easy to work with. She made sure my wedding day ran super smooth and took every single photo I had requested. She was quick to jump into action and help me organize a couple of group family shots that I didn't think we had time for, but Susan made it happen like magic! She is INSANELY talented and took unique and beautiful photos throughout the entire day. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who wants a true professional taking photos of their wedding day. We love you Susan!! Love, Laina & Anthony 9.17.16

Profile Picture Laina, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter

Susan couldn't have been more perfect for our wedding! Her personality is so fun and upbeat which made it very easy to relax in front of the camera. She captured all of the best moments of our day! Our pictures came out beautiful and I couldn't be more happy with them! I can't wait to book her for our anniversary pictures this summer! I highly recommend Susan!!!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 8/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We LOVED our photographer!!! Susan is the real deal. She is organized, dependable, and takes gorgeous photos. She does this in a way that makes you feel natural-- and she makes it look effortless. You get so much for your money with Susan- our engagement photos were an amazing experience that made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. And they turned out gorgeous! On the wedding day, Susan was attentive to any special requests, patient with difficult relatives, and no special detail was overlooked. We are so excited to see how the album turns out, as the lay-out that we have made together looks beautiful! We are so appreciative of the way that Susan captured our special moments.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/7/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

Susan is phenomenal. My (new) husband hates pictures and she was able to get him comfortable and natural. Our wedding day was only four days ago and I can't wait to see the sneak peek photos. Not only was Susan fun, she was professional , punctual, and extremely well organized throughout the entire process. I cannot recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, High-Res Images

Amazing! We were recommended to Susan from friends who used her for their wedding, so we had her do our engagement photos and our wedding, and both came out more amazing than we could have ever imaged. She is so professional and such a pleasure to work with. She always had a big smile on her face, even while trying to organize large groups of people for quick family shots during the wedding. It just made the whole day so much easier. My husband and I are not the most comfortable people in front of the camera but Susan makes it so easy and helps you through the whole process. Her photos speak for themselves. I would definitely recommend Susan Hennessey as your photographer.

Profile Picture User5394291, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Susan was such a pleasure and joy to work with! She was professional, friendly, energetic, flexible and accommodating. She was also SO responsive, even getting back to me once from her own honeymoon! I never had to wait more than a few hours to hear back from Susan and we always felt like we had her full attention despite many customers she was also working with over the months we worked with her. Susan was a really fun person to be around, and made our engagement shoot and bridal portraits very carefree and comfortable. She would get so excited when she got good shots and it made the whole experience more fun to see her so enthusiastic, engaged and happy with what she was shooting. We got an enormous amount of photos back from our wedding and there were so many good ones that it was hard to narrow down! Overall, I'd highly recommend Susan because she made planning easy and enjoyable. She got our photos to us quickly and sent sneak peaks so fast! We are so thrilled to have such beautiful documentation of our special day and this time of our lives. Thank you, Susan!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/4/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Susan Hennessey has our enthusiastic and whole-hearted recommendation. First, Susan is a phenomenal photographer. Her photos are suffused with genuine emotions. Whether it be surprise, tenderness, love, or joy, Susan is there to capture the moment. We love the playfulness of her composition, the artistry of her editing. You won't get stilted, awkward portrait shots with Susan. Every photo transports us back to our wedding day.

Second, Susan was a joy to work with. From the meet-and-greet, to the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding itself, Susan put us at ease and was always responsive, enthusiastic, and dependable. We cannot stress how important this is! We worked with many vendors for our wedding, and Susan's dedication was clearly a notch above the crowd. Even though Susan herself was getting married in the month leading up to ours, we never waited more than a few hours to get an email reply. She got us our Sneak Peak and entire wedding collection well ahead of schedule.

On the day of the wedding, Susan was the consummate professional. She arrived at the groom's hotel ahead of schedule, and kept the day running smoothly from then on. Neither rain nor unexpected schedule changes fazed Susan. She got every shot that we asked for (and more), but was not intrusive in doing so; many guests even remarked that they never noticed Susan.

It is no exaggeration to say that Susan is our favorite wedding vendor! We are so glad that we found her at a crowded Wedding Expo. And you will be glad too!

Profile Picture Yin, 5/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We used Susan for our engagement and wedding pictures, and she was amazing! She was a pleasure to work with from the beginning to end of the process, and our pictures turned out wonderful. Susan was super communicative and extremely helpful leading up to our big day, and at our wedding she was great about taking all the pictures we wanted and spontaneously suggesting other ideas for pictures we didn’t even know we wanted. We got all our wedding pictures back incredibly fast, and we love them!

Profile Picture User4691164, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

There aren't words that are good enough to describe how wonderful Susan is!! Neither my husband nor I are comfortable getting our picture taken so in finding a photographer, it was super important to find someone who we could be completely ourselves with and Susan was exactly who we were looking for. She is absolutely the sweetest and we loved every moment having her around! Susan was a great source of comfort during our highly emotional day and wrangling in both sides of our families during mass chaos. During our reception, she stayed in the backround and captured so many great moments without anyone even noticing. Our pictures are absolutely beautiful and we could not be more grateful to Susan for being so amazing!! We love you, Susan! Thanks again!!

Profile Picture Tricia, 12/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

It's funny how things work out sometimes! Originally, we were pursing a photographer who was unavailable for our wedding date. She referred us to Susan, who was available, and the rest is history! Susan is an incredible photographer - her photos speak for themselves. She is super awesome to work with - VERY responsive to emails, texts, phone calls, extremely flexible and accommodating, detail oriented and definitely willing to work within your budget. The pride she takes in her work is palpable and when she is with you, she's totally focused on getting the best shots. Susan is incredibly creative and what her mind's eye sees in the scene is captured beautifully in her photography. We loved having Susan around with us the day of our wedding - she felt like another member of our bridal party! We consider ourselves extremely lucky to have found Susan and are so grateful she was with us to capture the memories of our perfect, dream-come-true wedding day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/6/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

We had Susan photograph our wedding in June 2015. She was incredible! We had an engagement shoot with Susan in late fall to get more comfortable being in front of the lens, and had a great time. We also had a few meetings leading up to the wedding, which put us at ease because she knew exactly what we wanted. Our wedding was located pretty far NJ, but Susan was flexible and was able to find an awesome second shooter close to our venue. She was very accommodating with our budgetary concerns, and went above and beyond to help us stay within budget.
Her photography is simply incredible and speaks for itself. She had our images ready quite quickly following the wedding and provided an awesome USB stick with all our images. My wife and I couldn't be happier with our choice.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Susan is just a wonder to work with and had as a photographer!!! The photos speakers for them self and her professionalism is like no other!!

Profile Picture Richie, 2/13/15, 1 Review