Sunshower Farms

Holualoa, HI View map

Sunshower Farms is a coffee farm on the slopes of Hualalai. We are located at 2400 ft. with a beautiful panoramic ocean view. We offer a variety of wedding packages for budget-conscious couples with rustic sensibilities and a passion for great farm-to-table cuisine. We are an incredibly flexible venue and would be happy to work with you to customize your perfect day.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$400.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$400.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$400.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$400.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Farm/Ranch

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Cake
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Decor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet

4.7

• Astrid
    Astrid B. Married on 07/03/2021

Custom Wedding Without the Hassle!

My sister's wedding was formal, 300 people, and so overwhelming that I spent most of it hiding in the bridal suite with my cousin. When my husband and I decided to get married, we knew we wanted to keep things simple with a small destination wedding. However, as soon as I started looking at what it would take to get married in Hawaii, I was quickly inundated with beach wedding after beach wedding, all impersonal "Wedding Package A which includes a lei and a conch shell" type offerings. That didn't feel like us AT ALL, and I was getting super discouraged.

Then, through a stroke of Weddingwire magic, I found Sunshower Farms. I immediately loved the vibe of it being casual, but pretty and "pinworthy". My husband, our boys and I are diehard hikers / mountain lovers, so getting married up in the hills was perfect for us.

What really made our wedding, however, was working with Kate. She is an expert on her venue (she lives there, afterall) as well as her vendors. My husband and I are both professional event planners for corporate companies, so it shocked our friends and family when we turned our wedding over to someone we'd never met in person, but it was 100% worth it. The wedding and reception was planned in just a few short phone calls with Kate. She had great ideas and helped coach us into making the right decisions. She booked our flowers, cake, catering, and music on our behalf so we didn't have to deal with those vendors. Because she lives onsite, there was no crazy load-in of place settings, chairs, ect as she already owns them which made the day so very smooth. We brought our own officiant, professional photographer, videographer, and hairstylist, as they were all friends of ours who were attending the wedding anyway. I also used Kate's recommended makeup artist who was just lovely.

The day of our wedding was so beautiful and memorable. We absolutely loved just having a cozy party with our very dearest friends and family. As another reviewer has said, it's a bit like getting married at home, but only if your home is an absolutely gorgeous multi-acre farm in Hawaii with a farm table that would make Pinterest jealous. It wasn't blingy or over the top which suited us perfectly. Because Kate so expertly managed all the big details, I was able to truly enjoy the months leading up to the wedding. I had the time to focus on some small custom details only because I wanted to and enjoy, rather than stress, about these projects. I brought some custom cocktail napkins, leaf placecards, printed menus, individual thank you notes, and a cake topper in my suitcase. One of my bridesmaids did a Costco run for alcohol and cut fruit for water and cocktails. Other than picking out my wedding dress and the rest of the bridal party's clothes, those were literally the only decisions I had to make. We could not imagine a more wonderful planning process and execution day of! Our friends and family haven't stopped raving about how wonderful and beautiful our wedding was. The catering was to die for (especially the lamb), and the bonfire was a big hit. We loved being able to mix and mingle with our guests and have meaningful conversations in one long table where we could see everyone.

My only regret with Sunshower Farms is that I can't use them again for more parties, since we live out of state. Sunshower was an incredible place to get married, but working with Kate put it over the top!
    Kat T. Married on 02/15/2020

Our Perfect Wedding

My husband and I just had our perfect dreamy wedding at Sunshower Farms. Kate and her staff are AMAZING to work with! We had 31 guests and had our ceremony and reception at the farm.

When looking for a venue, our first priority was finding a venue within our budget. We knew we wanted to get married in Hawai’i since that’s where we grew up and we didn’t want a “cookie cutter” wedding. Sunshower Farms met all of our criteria, not to mention we LOVE coffee and the goats ;)

The booking/planning process was wonderful. Kate always responded to our emails promptly and answered ALL of our questions, which were a lot. She was very patient when we were indecisive about details and gave us suggestions based on previous events. As soon as we booked the date, Kate sent us a list of vendors she had worked with, which was a life saver since we were planning the wedding from the mainland. We were a little nervous about planning our wedding without seeing the venue or meeting any of the vendors ahead of time, but I will say that you can definitely trust Kate and her team! It was the best decision ever!!

I want to give a special shoutout to Onolicious LLC and Lalamilo Flower Girl. We booked them through Kate, so we never got to meet them, but they were amazing! Onolicious LLC provided the cake, Lalamilo Flower Girl provided the floral decor, and Kate decorated the cake with the flowers! We got a lilikoi/vanilla cake with buttercream frosting and we LOVED it. We had some leftovers at the end of the night, but we finished it as a late night snack :) We sent Kate some inspo pics for floral decor and Lalamilo Flower Girl exceeded our expectations. My bouquet, leis, boutonnieres, arbor and reception decor were absolutely gorgeous!!

We finally got to see the venue and meet Kate a couple days before our wedding. Her assistant Aly gave us a tour of the venue and Kate walked us through our rehearsal. Kate gave us pointers on how to walk and pose to get those awesome photos (SUPER helpful)!

Our wedding day was perfect. My mom, sister, and I got ready at the farm and booked Grace Makeup Artistry, which was on Kate’s list of recommended vendors. Before guests started to arrive, my husband and I had our first look by the banana trees and took some photos out in the coffee field. Kate let us hold Shapeera for a bit (the cutest lamb ever) and gave her a bath before we held her. The weather was pretty perfect - it wasn’t too hot or cold. It was misty and foggy because we were in the clouds and it cleared up right when the sun was setting - you can’t beat the view from the farm, it was perfect for photos and super romantic! For the ceremony and cocktail hour music, we booked Ponchoman, who’s also on Kate’s list of recommended vendors, and played our own music using Kate’s bluetooth speakers during dinner. For catering, we went with another recommended vendor, Queen’s Table. We ended the night with a bonfire, which was super unique and perfect for a chilly night in the mountains.

At the end of the day, you can totally trust Kate, her team, and her trusted vendors. You really can’t go wrong in my opinion. Based on Kate’s instagram stories and my own personal experience, Sunshower Farm is perfect if you want a unique wedding that’s equally relaxed and picturesque.

P.S. Everyone LOVED the Sunshower Farm coffee! It’s the best Kona coffee we’ve ever had!

Thank you so much Kate, we are so grateful.
    Kat & Yong
    Hayley E. Married on 02/02/2020

Book Sunshower Farms/Kate for the dream wedding, service and quality!

We found Kate and Sunshower Farms through WeddingWire and then did our own research by reading her reviews, blog posts and social media. At the time she didn’t have as many reviews, so it felt like a bigger risk to go with a mom and pop shop. But it was the BEST DECISION EVER!! Our wedding exceeded everyone’s expectations (including ours).

When reaching out to Kate she was friendly and organized. Besides being our location vendor, Kate was a jack of all trades and was also our wedding coordinator. From her previous weddings, she had an extensive menu of personal vendors that we could pick from. It was a fun and stress-free experience to select the vendors we wanted to work with. She also provided flexibility for our own creative concepts to book a “create your own lei” station. Due to the increase in bookings around the half-point mark of our wedding planning, she let us know we would have to book our own caterer. It was quite easy taking that role as she provided a list of recommended vendors who had worked with her before.

Kate guided us through the dress rehearsal and wedding day in a way that we felt at ease and at home. When we took photos with our photographer, she helped us with pointers and allowed us to take photos all around her farm. In result, we will have a huge variety of wedding photos that most others don’t have the opportunity to have. The venue itself was Instagram-able and unique! Our floral arrangements accentuated our tropical farm-to-table wedding theme. Feeding the goats was hilarious and taking photos with baby lambs was the cherry on top! We were told afterwards from our guests that the lambs were a hit.

Finally, what made it special, were the little above and beyond touches that Kate did for us (that you won’t get from a templated wedding venue). A few examples: At no extra charge, she provided our table with extra decorative dinner plates and colorful candles to create more color and pop. She also provided us with an album of high-quality photos and videos she had taken from her phone throughout the day—going above and beyond her role. It’s clear that she genuinely loves what she does and really cares about every one of her clients. She takes pride in her venue and work and is the idyllic model of what a wedding coordinator and venue host should be.

Thank you Kate for truly making our wedding!
    Lots of love, Hayley & Anna

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Real Weddings

• Astrid & Brandon
    65 photos · 03/31/2019

Pricing

Sunshower Farms Price Rates

PO Box 540 Holualoa, HI, 96725
Location of (Sunshower Farms)

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding

Wedding Venues