4300 Main Park Dr, Utica, MI 48316 Map · Phone number

About Sunset Terrace at Stony Creek Metropark

Kosch Catering is the exclusive caterer for the Huron-Clinton Metroparks. Sunset Terrace is a newly purchased banquet tent located on the shores of the beautiful lake at Stony Creek Metropark. The perfect location for people who want to experience the beauty of nature as well as the comfort of an indoor event. Visit our website to view our menus at www.koschcatering.com. If you would like additional information please do not hesitate to call our Sales Team at 248-608-0690.

Follow Sunset Terrace at Stony Creek Metropark on

The Rear View of Sunset Terrace
The Rear View of Sunset Terrace
Beautiful walk to the gazebo from the banquet tent
Beautiful walk to the gazebo from the banquet tent
You may reserve our pristine white gazebo for your ceremony located directly on the lake within...
Ceremony at Sunset
DSC1292
StonyTentandlake

5 Reviews for Sunset Terrace at Stony Creek Metropark

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2013

Working with the staff at Kosch Catering (the designated caterer at Stony Creek Metropark) made my life so much easier during the "joys" of wedding planning on a budget. I worked with Cass, Lana, and Angela and all of them were very helpful and always quick to respond to my emails, even when I felt like I was getting to the point of being annoying. Angela was amazingly forgiving when I had to tell her I was going to be late to set up the day before because our flower order didn't come in. She told me to take my time to get it sorted and that she would wait for me. I hope she realizes how much I needed that. (We were able to improvise the flowers). The use of the on site gazebo is included with the tent rental so we held our ceremony on the grounds. It was beautiful right on the lake shore. All my guests said the food was good (I was only able to get down a few bites) and everyone had a good time. Our wedding day was perfect, everything I could have asked for, and I owe much of that to the staff at Kosch and the Metropark.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Kosch catered our wedding, and at first we were a little apprehensive being that they were the contract caterer. We were dead set on the venue, so we agreed to Kosch. They only have samples of the food once a year, so we had to go to another wedding to pick up a to-go box to sample the food, which felt a little awkward, but was fine. We are glad we did, because it changed our mind on what to order for our wedding.
    In the office, we dealt with Cass, who is the events coordinator. He guided us throughout the process, and was very responsive to e-mails (we did most of our interaction that way); most he answered in a few hours’ time. He saved us money when I was getting a little overzealous with ordering booze (we never ran out) and we actually ordered the perfect amount.
    The food was phenomenal. We had a buffet style wedding, and it was delicious. Many of our guests have made it a point to tell us that the food was awesome. They also did our wedding cake, which was beautiful, moist and delicious. We really couldn’t have asked for more.
    The onsite staff at our wedding was awesome as well. The onsite wedding coordinator was great, she helped us with everything we needed the day before and day of-she really went above and beyond and was very kind. The wedding cake decorator stayed late to do some last minute flower work with the cake (I was about 40 min late with the roses) and was very nice and chatty with my Mother. The bartenders were super friendly and genuinely looked happy to be there. They accommodated our guests’ needs with ease and grace, with zero problems. The wait staff was constantly there to clean up plates or glasses, and again looked happy to be there.
    It should also be mentioned that Kosch provided all of our linens (including chair covers with bows), dishes, glass wear and centerpieces (cast iron light trees) which were perfect.
    We highly recommend Kosch for any event, as they contributed to our best day.

Sent on 12/31/2012

Megan · Married on 10/16/2010

The food and service was excellent. They took care of all the details, and presented the food in a timely manner. The food was hot throughout the entire evening, which meant that the last guests in the buffet line were able to enjoy their meal. The wait staff was great - they were on top of everything all night. They made sure the buffet line moved quickly and everyone ate at the same time. They even brought snacks out to the wedding party when formal pictures were getting taken before the reception started. The only thing my husband and I did not like was the food tasting process. Few dishes were offered during the mass tastings, and if you couldn't make it to any of them, you were scheduled to go at the time of another couple's wedding (at the site) to pick up a "to go" box.

Sent on 11/05/2010

Sunset Terrace at Stony Creek Metropark FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 250