Petaluma, CA 94952 Map · Phone number

About stoney grove records

San Francisco based Mark Abdilla is an International performing Guitarist with over 25 years of performing experience. Mark performs 500 years of lute and guitar music (Renaissance, Baroque and Classical), as well as a little Flamenco and Jazz. Having been featured in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 10 years running, Mark also performs a unique style of 12string Celtic guitar. If requested he can perform electric instumental blues and funk in the style of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Albert King etc, with backing disc. Abdilla plays weddings,winneries,corporate events,resturants as well as concerts. Mark also performs with a flutist and violinist in the DOWLAND TRIO, although most often performs solo. I/we perform light acoustic favorites (ex. Beatles- "Here Comes the Sun, Blackbird, Norwegian Wood, Simon and Garfunkel- Scarborough Fair), to modern artist such as Dave Matthews etc. Cannon in D by Pachebel is usually performed for wedding processionals. Please visit songlist page to see other beautiful and famous songs performed. Requests that are not part of repetoire can be played within reason.

( A typical wedding I/we perform would be as follows)

- 30 minutes of pre wedding music

-music for seating of the mothers

-bridemaids entrance music

Mark003
Mark002

3 Reviews for stoney grove records

Sophie · Married on 03/21/2012

When we arrived at The Depot, Mark was already set up and waiting for the queue to start! He was very professionally dressed, professsional character, and very accommodating to my guests who asked him to play some special request songs. As the bride, I was busy taking photos and running around so I didn't have a chance to just sit there and listen to him but I know his music was very soothing to my soul and helped calm me tremendously. I would without a doubt highly recommend Mark's services to anyone. He was absolutely fabulous!

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • George

Yael · Married on 10/17/2009

3.0

Mark was wonderful. His playing is beautiful and it was perfect for our venue. I have to say I didn't notice him and I was told that meant he was doing his job well. Mark is excellent, just don't get him talking, he tends to ramble. I gave him 3 stars on flexibility because my Godfather composed a song and contacted Mark last minute and asked him to play some basic sheet music. Mark didn't return the call and didn't want to do anything that last minute. My Godfather was understanding but annoyed! But overall, working with Mark was excellent!

Sent on 11/04/2009

kate · Married on 09/06/2009

2.8
      1.5
      1.0
      1.5

Let me start by saying that Mark is very talented and super nice. I am uncomfortable posting this; however I planned my Clayton wedding entirely off the internet from Honolulu, so I feel user reviews are extremely important. Although Mark possesses the aforementioned qualities, he was VERY late to our wedding (which held up the ceremony!) and did not offer any kind of reimbursement or apologies. We wanted a guitarist to play during the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour during our wedding. I found Mark on Craigslist (or maybe it was Gigmasters...?). He quickly returned my calls and was a delight to speak with. We settled on a play time frame of 3:30 to 5:30. He told me he would arrive a tad early to set up; I was not concerned with his arrival time as long as music was played between these times. I told him the location, and we were good to go...... A week prior, I called him to confirm. He was in Europe and told me not to worry, the gig was on. Cool. A couple days prior, he called to say he was back in the country. We confirmed the location (East Bay-Clayton) and he mentioned that he still had the directions I emailed to him. We exchanged cell #'s. Welllll.....the day of it's 3:30. No Mark. 3:45 - no Mark. It's now 4:00 and everyone is seated waiting for the ceremony to start - still no Mark. Then my usher comes in and tells me that Mark got lost, was in BENICIA, (!!!) on the other side of the bridge, but was on his way. Wow. Finally around 4:15 he gets set up - at least the music was beautiful. On another note, while we were all waiting for our introductions, the director told me that Mark said he wanted to finish his song on the patio before we were introduced...really?! We were already running behind schedule.... In conclusion, Mark is a very talented musician who has great reviews on Gigmasters. Maybe he was having an "off" day, but I paid for it. Literally. In today's age of cell phones and Internet, I have a hard time with someone who shows up this late and gets lost. Maybe 10 years ago I'd buy it - not today.

Sent on 10/25/2009

stoney grove records's reply:

Kate is correct in that i was late. The fact is that in 11 years of performing at weddings I HAVE NEVER been late and the reason is the mapquest directions she sent me were very wrong! I tried several times to contact her and best man for help and could not reach them. i always show up as usually the first person or one of the first persons at weddings. i treat it as if it was my own wedding. Last but not least, I did apogize several times to Kate and her husband but understandably she might have been so frazzled she didnt remember.

stoney grove records FAQ