695 Dugway Road, Brownfield, ME 04010 Map · Phone number

About Stone Mountain Arts Center

Stone Mountain Arts Center is a rustic barn venue in Brownfield, Maine. This venue was originally created as a performing arts center. Stone Mountain is able to host weddings in Southern Maine during all seasons.

Facilities and Capacity
Stone Mountain Arts Center's rustic barn offers a personal space for couples to exchange their vows. The Maine Room boasts a raised stage with large windows and theater-style seating. This space can accommodate 200 guests. For dancing and drinking, guests will be taken to the Quisisana Barn, which has a bar and dance floor. After the Maine room is switched back to a dinner setting, guests will be escorted back to enjoy the timber architecture and Maine views.

Stone Mountain Art Center offers many packages with different options to make sure that couples are comfortable and stress-free on their wedding day. Some of these services include:

• On-site planner

7 Reviews for Stone Mountain Arts Center

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2019

Fantastic all around

I was told that SMAC would be amazing and Hannah and Carrol did not disappoint! It was fantastic. Hannah and I had discussed what we wanted for the wedding, I dropped of a big basket full of wedding crazy and when I arrived the next day, Hannah had worked her magic. It was absolutely stunning. You really can just relax knowing that your special day is in good hands. Hannah makes it so easy! Food: My husband is a professional chef. Carrol called us a week or so before the wedding and was happy to discuss everything. At the wedding he was so happy. The food was just delicious. The foodies in our family were going back for thirds and more. Carrol made such gorgeous and delicious food. Not to mention there was SO MUCH. There was no fear of running out of anything. At the end of the night they sent us home with lots of leftovers so we didn't have to worry about lunch the next day. I can't be more pleased with how the whole day went. Thank you to Hannah, Carrol and their amazing staff for such a memorable day! I can't wait to come back for more concerts!!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Jen Duane · Married on 07/13/2019

Stone Mountain Arts Center = Love

I loved my wedding so much I want to do it again! Who says that? People who host their wedding at SMAC do.

Having explored lots of venues, I just wasn’t finding the right spot that was within budget and had the rustic but unique vibe I was looking for and could accommodate 100-120 guests. But when I went to check out SMAC, it just hit me. It instantly felt like home. Maybe it was Hannah’s hug. Or when Carol took a brief break from her mac n’cheese making magic to meet me. These simple touches were the icing on the cake after touring this beautiful two-barn venue.

I am not much of a decorator. I am really bad at envisioning details. But I’m always struck by how a place makes you feel and I know what I like when I see it. This is why SMAC was perfect for our wedding. It has an authentic rustic feel combined with just the right elegance in one barn and quirkiness in the other.

The two barn set-up was perfect. One barn serves as a beautiful ceremony space, with windows looking into the woods making you feel like you’re outside minus the mosquitoes. Then they magically transform that space into a dining room while guests are enjoying cocktail hour in the other barn. And that other barn – the Quissiana Barn – is the perfect party space. We.Got.Down.

As much as I loved the physical space, it was the people at SMAC and the relationships they have with local vendors that made everything so easy. We worked with all local vendors so I know Hannah could work with them directly and I didn’t need to get involved in any of their day-of logistics. In fact, I didn’t even need to worry about my own day-of logistics. Hannah and staff moved everything right along seamlessly and were there to take care of anything I needed.

And then there was food. Oh the food. I loved the fact that SMAC did not have a menu to choose from. Event menus very cookie-cutter. But not SMAC. Carol custom-designs a menu based on your answers to her questionnaire about your likes and dislikes. I was excited about this concept but really didn’t know what to expect. But when Carol presented her first draft of a menu, I was blown away. Seriously. Salivating. We told Carol that our main priorities were fresh and flavorful food and that’s exactly what she gave us. She focused on creative recipes for our personal favorites and worked in some of the house specialties. It was all so good! Several guests raved (and are still raving) it was the best food they’ve had at a wedding.

Bottom line: Carol, Hannah and the SMAC team knows what they are doing. They have their secret formula down to ensure everything runs smoothly but have such pride in their work and their relationships that everything about your wedding feels special and unique. Added bonus, you can go back for dinner and a concert and visit them throughout the year!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Christine

Christine Culgin · Married on 07/12/2019

Charming, Unique, Best Service

I can't say enough good things about Stone Mountain Arts Center as a wedding venue, and about their amazing staff. We opted for a winter, holiday-themed wedding, and the place was so decked out that we barely had to do anything and it looked so gorgeous. The food is AMAZING and they were super flexible with a lot of different things like beers on tap, timing, seating arrangements, etc. Hannah is a god-send for brides and grooms - she knows exactly what you need and when without a word! It's such a cozy venue and the staff was extremely responsive and accommodating. It is also great value financially.

Sent on 02/04/2020

Stone Mountain Arts Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Historic Building
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    All Inclusive Packages
    Bar Services
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Cash Bar
    Champagne Toast
    House Beer
    House Wine
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access

• 695 Dugway Road Brownfield, ME, 04010 See on map
    207-935-7292 (Phone number)
    Location of (Stone Mountain Arts Center)