151 W Fort St, Detroit, MI 48226 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About State Savings Bank Detroit

AVAILABLE THROUGH JUNE OF 2022.

Located in Detroit, Michigan, State Savings Bank Detroit is a unique wedding venue. This building was established in 1900 and is found on the National Register of Historic Places. It was designed by famed architectural firm McKim, Mead & White, who also designed the Boston Public Library and New York City's iconic Washington Square Arch. Their signature grand style is apparent throughout, from the white marble interior to carved colonnades. The walls are further adorned with bronze grillwork. Engagement parties, pre-wedding showers, and rehearsal dinners can also be hosted here.

Facilities and Capacity

State Savings Bank Detroit offers couples 14,000 square feet of versatile event space for their ceremony and reception. The rear section of the room boasts a maximum capacity of 600 guests for a standing reception. Couples can also host a seated banquet with 400 attendees in this opulent setting. The front section of the space, meanwhile, can comfortably accommodate 130 guests for a seated event and up to 250 guests for a cocktail reception. At the center of the room, the original bank vault can be used as a temporary bar. Rounded windows line the walls, flooding the room with natural light. This venue is wheelchair accessible, so you and your loved ones can celebrate with ease.

Beverage services for events held at the State Savings Bank Detroit are provided by Bedrock Events, the management company for the building. For couples serving food at their milestone, the team at the bank is happy to supply a list of their preferred catering companies. Valet parking can be arranged, adding to the sumptuous atmosphere of this bank. The Beaux-Arts architectural style of this structure creates a stunning backdrop for any wedding photo, making a venue guests will remember for years to come. Couples and their loved ones will appreciate the convenience of on-site WiFi for keeping those who couldn't be with them up-to-date on the festivities. The on-site team at the bank is happy to take care of both setting up, and cleaning up, your milestone.

Follow State Savings Bank Detroit on

Videos 1 Video
360º Tours 1 tour

3 Reviews for State Savings Bank Detroit

Erika G. · Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful experience at SSB!

The SSB is an amazing venue and the experience from first walk through to day-of even execution could not have been better. This space is beyond stunning, but its blank slate welcomes creativity. The team at Bedrock Detroit could not have been better to work with! Connie was super responsive to all my questions, no matter how many I asked, and provided great suggestions for our layout without overstepping. I would 100% throw another event here!

Sent on 05/19/2020

State Savings Bank Detroit's reply:

Hi Erika!
    We loved that you left a review on your event with us (and thank you for including photos!!!). For our couples who don't know, Erika is a corporate planner and was incredible to work with. We're thrilled our venues have the flexibility to host both social and corporate clients! Wishing you all the best, Erika!

Carlyn R. · Married on 05/10/2019

Event Planner

I coordinated one of the first weddings at the State Savings Bank. My clients and I were so excited to see what magic we could create in such a beautiful space. Working with the team at Bedrock was such a pleasure. We worked closely with Liz Joritz and she was so knowledgable, flexible and communicative- it made planning an absolute pleasure. Even though the venue was new, Liz made sure we knew all the quirky ins and outs necessary to navigate such a unique space in a busy downtown area. The buildout of the space is an absolute dream - marble floors, sweeping ceilings, a gorgeous example of neo-classical architecture and the original bank vault as your centerpiece! I always recommend the space to my clients as a wonderful option to accommodate a wide array of guest counts. This is one of my favorite spots in the city!

Sent on 12/21/2020

State Savings Bank Detroit's reply:

Still one of our favorite setups to this day, Carlyn! Thank you for bringing such a gorgeous vision to our venue. We can't wait to work with you more!

State Savings Bank Detroit Pricing

State Savings Bank Detroit Price Rates

State Savings Bank Detroit FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 7725
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 7725
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 7725
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 7725
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Clean Up
    Set Up
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Open Bar
    Specialty Beer
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Clean Up
    Preferred Vendors Only
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    December

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• State Savings Bank Detroit 1
    Sunday Wedding Discount

Interested in a Sunday wedding? We offer a discount on the venue rental fee for all events taking place on Sundays. Fill out an inquiry form to find out more!

Team of State Savings Bank Detroit

Julie Glenn

Julie Glenn

Director, Event Venues Team

As Director of the Event Venues Team, I have the pleasure of working alongside the most talented and dedicated Venue Sales and Facilities Technicians around. Our team is laser focused on creating unparalleled experiences for our clients and event guests alike. A little about me: After graduating from Michigan State University (Go Green!), I relocated to South Florida to kickstart my career in the hospitality industry where I worked as an Event Manager for a Destination Management Company. I soon took notice of the remarkable progress happening in downtown Detroit and made my way back home to manage Bedrock’s portfolio of venues. My top three standout moments over the past several years include 1) Hosting my dream wedding atop the Madison Building rooftop, 2) Becoming a Mom to my beautiful daughter Mya and 3) Contributing to the growth and success of our incredible event venues. There is nothing more rewarding than helping others create memories that will last a lifetime!

Brittany Burns

Brittany Burns

Event Venues Team Coordinator

Hi there! I am Brittany Burns! I am a graduate from Michigan State University where I received my Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business with a focus in Event Planning. I began my professional career out of college with an amazing opportunity working in New York for the New York Yankees. Yes, I know, unpopular opinion but I do love baseball. I was able to kick start this passion of events in the city that never sleeps, and boy was it awesome. Once I moved back to the mitten, I started my journey on the Bedrock Event Team and I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years. I thoroughly enjoy planning events of all kinds but one of my favorites would be weddings. There’s just something about a bride and grooms’ big day that gets me so excited! When I am not assisting with your event you can catch me on the sidelines dancing as the Detroit Lions Cheerleader or coaching a high school dance team.

Lyn Gleasure

Lyn Gleasure

Senior Event Sales Manager

My ideal world would be one filled with rescue cats & dogs, lots of chocolate (especially if peanut butter is mixed in), and the ability to teleport myself to amazing destinations around the world. Throw in some spectacular corporate events and I’m the happiest gal in Detroit!I started managing events over 20 years ago at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC while also teaching Event Management at Duke University. Along the way I earned my CMP and CPCE designations. One of my favorite events was working with the over 40 national political leaders on a multi-day conference. Talk about a lot of moving parts & endless security meetings! I’ve been back in my home state of Michigan for nearly 4 years and just love it. I am a co-founder of the Detroit Events Council and am active as a national committee member in NACE. In my spare time, I volunteer at the Detroit Zoo hanging out with the penguins and polar bears.

View team

• 151 W Fort St Detroit, MI, 48226 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (State Savings Bank Detroit)