Birmingham, AL 35209 Map · Phone number

About Spindle Photography

I’m Kelly Cummings, the Don Quixote* behind Spindle Photography. I’m drawn to photographing people, their lives, pretend lives, pretty things. I am passionate about lots of things, all at once, and fortunately photography is greatly aided by that. I’ve had the privilege of shooting weddings, portraits, maternity sessions, commercial products and places, musicians, models and aspiring models, friends, food, events, and details. I’ve learned from teachers, darkrooms, magazines, friends, mentors, experience, and now I’m making things happen.

I’m a Francophile, most especially in the Kelly-American ideal world where they all wear stripes and eat pain au chocolat for breakfast, and every outdoor cafe experience (especially those at a place called Cafe Amelie in New Orleans) makes me feel even more like a Frenchwoman than when I finally really went last year and realized I didn’t speak French. I don’t wear a watch so to figure out what time it is I take photos of my feet and see what time my camera says. Which means I have a lot of pictures of my feet (one day you may be so lucky to see them and all my comfy wedding shoes), and that I should be better at military time.

*The thesaurus suggested that Don Quixote and visionary are synonyms and I’m not one to argue with reference books.

Wedding day coverage begins at $3000 with collections ranging from $3500-5000. To inquire about a date, you can fill out the contact form on my website!

Follow Spindle Photography on

bobbyplusclaire18
meghanallenweddingwire
annetrabueaustin

45 Reviews for Spindle Photography

Kelly is amazing and has a unique style of photography. She captured all the moments we wanted perfectly while making us feel super comfortable and while being extremely unobtrusive. She is so easy to work with, she is quick to respond we received our photos quickly and in beautiful packaging. I would highly recommend Kelly to anyone.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Kelly is so personable and prompt! Easy to work with and the photos are great!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Heather · Married on 09/27/2014

We loved working with Kelly! She was easy going and worked well with the chaos of the wedding day. Kelly was able to catch the aspects of our amazing day, but blend in so we didn't feel each moment was posed with the thought of pictures. We were able to do our engagement, bridal, and wedding day with Kelly and each outing was better than the next. Also she was helpful in making decisions on vendors, schedules, and timelines of when and where to do things to make our wedding day go as smoothly as it did.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Spindle Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    High-Res Images
    One Event / Day
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

Celestial Cakes Wedding Cakes

Beautiful photography! Highly Recommend

• Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design
    Kathleen Bernal Events - Wedding Planning & Design Wedding Planners

Kelly is an amazing photographer and professional. She has an incredible eye for breathtaking photos and she is so patient and sweet to work with. She also stays connected with her clients and the vendors, which is super important. I loved working with Spindle Photography and hope to get to work with them more and more!

• Proper Measures
    Proper Measures Banquet Halls

Kelly of Spindle Photography is extremely passionate about her craft and definitely not afraid to be creative. While she is able to make her subjects feel instantly comfortable with her laid back persona, she always produces a professional, beautiful product.

• Birmingham, 35209 See on map