Special Days Weddings and Events

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,350 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,350 Package Price

Special Days Weddings and Events is a wedding planner based in Sunset Beach, North Carolina. Making unique, personalized visions come to life, owner, Mel Elaine O'Daniels, collaborates with the couples to ensure that their wedding reflects their story. With over 25 years of experience in the area, she knows lots of wedding vendors and venues, offering plenty of options for couples to choose from.

Experience
Mel Elaine O'Daniels worked in a resort for seven years as a wedding planner and event coordinator; during that time, she was able to coordinate over 400 weddings.

Special Days Weddings and Events caters to wedding of all sizes, from an intimate service of two to a luxurious wedding ceremony and reception for hundreds of guests. They offer various planning services for couples to choose from, depending on their specific needs, including:

• Budget analysis
  • Timelines
  • To-do lists
  • Veteran-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$800

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$1,350

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$2,300

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Deven
    Deven B. Getting married on 09/22/2022

Simply amazing!

I got married May 14, 2022! I am from Cleveland, OH, but my family has been vacationing in Sunset Beach for over 40 years; my husband and I quickly decided that was the perfect destination for our wedding. Needless to say I was nervous how I was going to plan a NC wedding from OH but Mel put my mind at ease right away.
    Last May we met with Mel and I knew right away she was the wedding planner for me; her calm demeanor, knowledge of vendors in the area, sense of humor and responsiveness stood out right away. After we met we immediately got to planning! Mel and Shameka were amazing from start to finish. Mel saw my vision and made it come to life, she recommended all of the vendors we used and they were all nothing short of perfect!
    Mel and Shameka were very responsive throughout the year of planning; whether it was emails back and forth, Zoom calls, or setting up meetings with vendors.
    On the day of Mel and Shameka got right to work setting up everything (tables, chairs, decorations, etc.) it was hard to imagine how all of the different pieces would come together, but as soon as I saw everything it was as if the picture I had in my head came to life.
    Our day was perfect and I have Special Days Weddings and Events to thank for it. My husband and I both say it was the best day of our lives.

Special Days Weddings and Events's reply:

Deven,
    I'm thrilled that you are so happy with the outcome of your wedding day. I enjoyed working alongside yourself as well as your mother throughout the planning process. We developed a friendship and a bond that I will forever be grateful for. You guys really made it so easy for me by knowing exactly what you wanted from the very beginning. You all deserve nothing but the best. I wish you and Mike a lifetime of love and happiness.

Love,
    Mel
    Lauren L. Married on 06/24/2022

AMAZING! I could not be happier

Mel and her assistant Shameka are AMAZING! I was very nervous that my big day would not go how I wanted it, I don't know why, but I was just very stressed because I had everything planned a certain way. I was actually going to just do the whole thing myself, but I AM SO GLAD I hired Mel for my day-of-coordinator. She made everything perfect! I would recommend 100%! THANK YOU!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Deals

Special Days Weddings and Events 1
Exclusive

Pricing

Sunset Beach Sunset Beach, NC, 28468
Location of (Special Days Weddings and Events)
Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach, SC, 29572

Other vendors in Wilmington for your wedding