Special Days Weddings and Events Reviews

Special Days Weddings and Events 6
Special Days Weddings and Events 7
  • busy chemist

Natalya · Married on 06/08/2019

and they lived happily ever after...

I am married now for three weeks ... I should say that my wedding day was absolutely perfect! Beautiful venue on the beach, flowers, food, my hair & makeup, ceremony , toasts and happy faces of our family and friends- all this were fruits of loving labor of our wedding planner, Mel O'Daniels ( Special Days Events).
    Mel is an army! You hire one person and she brings whole team with her...Mel takes all your worries away, calms you down and holds your hand from the day you sign a contract with her till you say: I DO!
    She has personal touch, wonderful taste, sharp proactive mind and connections- all that assures your wedding a success! Finding her was a gift from above !
    Thank you , Mel, for absolutely beautiful wedding day - I will treasure this memories forever. I would not change a single thing in it! Thank you!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Special Days Weddings and Events 13
    Special Days Weddings and Events 14

Morgan · Married on 11/17/2018

Highly Recommend!

We cannot express how awesome our experience was with Mel. We only booked a day of coordination and she went so far above and beyond. From day one she was there walking us through everything (recommending vendors, answering questions, helping with big and small details) right up to making sure our big day went smooth. We had a simple nautical/relaxed beach style wedding as our vision and she absolutely made it come to life. Thank you for everything Mel! We highly recommend!

-M&J

Sent on 12/02/2018

Naphat (Mai) · Married on 11/03/2018

Service great

She always give me the answer I need and always helpful and good advice from her
    The amount of time she spent for our wedding is perfect for small budget like us

Sent on 03/04/2019
    Special Days Weddings and Events 15
    Special Days Weddings and Events 16

Sarah Corinne Jurney · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful wedding day-of and rehearsal coordinator for beach wedding

Mel was an incredible planner who helped pull off a beach wedding without a hitch!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Brad Howell · Married on 09/22/2018

Good person to have on your team!

Mel O'Daniels was a wonderful wedding planner. She is attentive and structured. She has a lot of experience and helped us pull off an amazing weekend wedding even though Hurricane Florence blew through town just 4 days prior. Mel is not afraid to think "outside the box".

Sent on 11/17/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2018

We hired Mel to be our day of coordinator. Mel met with us at the ceremony site about 6 months before the wedding and the week of the wedding. She was great about staying in contact with any questions, and she even recommended vendors for us, like our violinist who we also loved. Mel did just a wonderful job the day of the wedding, going above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. She is 100% worth what you spend, my family and friends could not stop talking about the wonderful job she did. Thank you so much Mel, we highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Carol · Married on 06/09/2018

Wow! Mel was absolutely a dream to work with. As the mother-of-the bride, I wanted to hire a wedding planner so that I would be able to relax and enjoy the event without worrying about the details. Everything went beautifully, and it was such a comfort knowing that if anything went wrong, Mel was going to be there to take care of it. Mel quickly picked up on my daughter's vision for her wedding and contributed great ideas and guidance without stepping on my daughter's toes. She worked super hard to make my daughter's dream a reality. In addition, the vendors she recommended were top notch.

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Special Days Weddings and Events 17
    Special Days Weddings and Events 18

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

Mel was absolutely AMAZING! I can honestly say I don't know what we would have done without her. She executed every single aspect of my dream day absolutely PERFECTLY! She was supportive and also realistic, and encouraged me to not stray from what I wanted. She thought of every single detail, was very responsive, and willing to do whatever she could to facilitate things. The wedding day was absolutely stress-free and it was definitely all attributable to her! I can't recommend Mel enough - she works with great vendors, has a ton of experience and it definitely shows. I received so many compliments from guests that they had never been to a wedding that went as perfectly and smoothly as ours. She was absolutely awesome to work with!!! We had her full wedding planning service and without a doubt it was worth every penny and more! Mel is awesome and our day would not have been the same without her, I can't even express how grateful I am and how happy I am with her services and how perfect everything turned out!! She made sure our wedding was exactly as we wanted it and worked her butt off to make it happen! She made sure we were not affected by any issues that arose and totally handled them so we were not stressed by anything. Cannot say enough good things about Mel!!!

Photography by Erika Greene Photography

Special Days Weddings and Events 22
    Special Days Weddings and Events 23
    Special Days Weddings and Events 24

Christian · Married on 04/14/2018

Mel was amazing to work with! We hired Mel to be our day-of director. Thanks to Mel, we were able to enjoy our special day, stress-free as she worked her magic. What we love most about Mel is not just her expertise and experience, but her personality as well. Our wedding event was an intimate 25 guest wedding on Wrightsville Beach with the reception at a large beach house. Mel was like a family member. She fit in with ease and her ability to handle any personality type was so imperative. Mel met with us by phone and in person several times before the wedding to help us nail down some of the planning details that required her expertise, she was able to provide recommendations for vendors that fit our budget and were all amazing. I can't say enough about how amazing it is to work with Mel. I recommend her to anyone looking for a full-service wedding planner or day of coordinator as she truly partners with her clients and ensures their wants and vision always come first.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Nachole · Married on 03/31/2018

Mel was the consummate professional. She was available prior to the day and did regular check-ins to make sure all wedding planning was going well. Mel saw to all of the special details on the wedding day as well as any request from the bride & groom or my parents. I recommend Mel for any couple that wants to experience their day without the worries.

Sent on 04/22/2018

Donna · Married on 03/31/2018

Mel did an amazing job of coordinating the wedding and adding her special touch to all aspects of the planning. My daughter did not live in the area and Mel kept her in the loop and very happy. Her detail to making everything perfect for my daughters wedding can not be under estimated. She is thoughtful of all the parties involved and very knowledgeable. As the mother of the bride she was extremely helpful. The wedding was wonderfully planned and went smoothly. Her recommendations for a photographer and flowers were the best as well. It is without hesitation that I write this review. You won’t regret using her and her expertise. Thank you Mel for helping us create memories of a lifetime.

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Special Days Weddings and Events 25
    Special Days Weddings and Events 26
    Special Days Weddings and Events 27

Dana · Married on 09/16/2017

Mel made our wedding day perfect!! We had our wedding at Bricklanding at Ocean Isle Beach and it could not have gone smoother. Mel went above and beyond to ensure all details were in place and took the stress off my shoulders! She was personable, fun and super accommodating!! I would recommend her to any friend or family member.

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Special Days Weddings and Events 28
    Special Days Weddings and Events 29

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2017

We decided on a wedding date just one and a half months prior to the actual date. Then, 3 weeks in to that, we changed our mind about the destination for the ceremony and decided upon Sunset Beach, NC. We found Mel with Special Events on WeddingWire and called her. With only three 3 weeks in which to do so, she made our wedding exactly perfect and just as we wanted. She found and rented the arbor we wanted with the decorations, found us a wonderful minister and photographer team, and was there the day of the wedding to supervise set up on the beach and make sure everything ran smoothly. I can’t say enough to recommend Special Events!!!!! Thank you for everything Mel!!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2017
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/25/2019

3.2

3.5 out of 5

3.5 out of 5 stars. My wedding/reception came together very lovely but I felt I had to triple check a lot of things and a few things still fell through the cracks. The wedding planner had one of her friends make a custom arbor for us which I thought was very nice, and she rented it to us for only $150. She's been doing this for many years and knows the coastal vendors really well but we were disappointed with a few of her recommendations. I would recommend this planner for a few reasons - good price, many vendor connections, easy to get in touch with.

Sent on 06/30/2019