303 Lee Street, #102, Oakland, CA 94610 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 14
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Sonum May Photography

I'm a wedding & elopement photographer in the East Bay serving the Bay Area. My couples tell me that when they see their photos, they see a gallery that represent themselves and who they are together. I'm a firm believer that the magic really happens between you and your people. People & memories matter.

Leading up to your celebration, I'll take time to get to know you and what is important to you so that on the day of, I can show up with warm hugs, love on you and your crew, and document all of the joy that happens. My style moves between a more photojournalist approach - observing and documenting moments as beautifully and messily as they unfold (think: getting ready and reception especially) and a lifestyle approach - where I add in just enough direction to make you feel comfortable and focused on your connection and less worried about me (especially during portraits).

Ultimately, I work hard to continually grow and give my couples a thoughtful and genuine experience where they can be themselves. I work closely with couples to get to know them and their one-of-a-kind vision, allowing their wedding to unfold naturally while supplying guidance when needed. Add-ons such as albums, prints, additional hours, willingness to travel and slideshows are also available.

Other couples have also viewed

• Amani Photography

Real Weddings 31 Photos
Videos 1 Video

3 Reviews for Sonum May Photography

Hannah M. · Married on 06/01/2020

I highly recommend choosing Sonum as your photographer!

My now-wife and I have worked with Sonum twice: once for an engagement shoot at a botanical garden, and once for our wedding at San Francisco's City Hall. We'd absolutely work with her again, and have recommended her to our friends who are looking for a professional photographer. She's fun, sweet, and very communicative.

All of our pictures came out beautifully: she has an incredible eye. We were thrilled with how the lighting and color looked in our pictures. She also has a great touch with processing: the way she processes the photos is more natural and we look like ourselves (but a little hotter). Her pictures don't have the over-processed look that will look super dated in the future. She also caught some sweet sentimental moments that we'll treasure having documented.

If you need more reason to book with Sonum, take it from our most discerning (judgmental) friend: "I usually hate engagement pictures, but I really like yours."

Finally, my wife and I are both women, and those of us in the LGBTQ community know that it can be a little stressful looking for supportive wedding vendors. Sonum was wonderful and very comfortable with us, and we've been recommending her to other lesbian couples we know.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/01/2019

Fun, Creative and, Flexible! Sonum is

We came to Sonum by referral from a couple we know who used her for their City Hall wedding. We loved her style (candid shots, depth of field, variety) and were trying to be mindful of expenses as we made a last minute choice to hire a photog for the day (we were getting married aboard as well!). Sonum was incredibly flexible working with us through our insanely busy schedule and gave us just the right amount of guidance. Filling out the questionnaire (with questions we hadn't even thought of ourselves) and meeting with her virtually (since we had no time to physically meet up) was great because she got the vibe of who we were from both mediums. I think we also really loved how genuine she is and how excited she was for us leading up and day of- it felt so welcoming and inviting and felt like we could be ourselves. We had our family with us and we managed to get really great shots of us, and everyone. Sonum's turnaround time was impeccably fast as we requests to have a few shots before we left for our wedding a few weeks later and she managed to get some sneak peeks within days and the whole album before we left. Photos are stunning and now we have the hard task of picking which ones to hang in the house! Thank you so much, Sonum!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Darby · Married on 07/13/2019

Highly recommended

Sonum is such an incredible photographer. She captured so much joy at our wedding and made us feel so comfortable. She was also amazing at communicating with us and helping us plan our timeline for photos. When we got the photos we were blown away. She exceeded our expectation. I recommend her 1000 times over.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Sonum May Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2050.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2200.00
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Prints

1 Real Wedding

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Sonum May Photography 1
    New Year Booking

Couples that inquire & book by February 14 for a 2020 wedding will receive 15% off of a wedding collection.

• 303 Lee Street, #102 Oakland, CA, 94610 See on map
    Location of (Sonum May Photography)

Sonum May Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Sonum May Photography include in the starting price?

Sonum May Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Digital Files

What photography services does Sonum May Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Sonum May Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• Digital Files

What photography styles does Sonum May Photography offer?

Sonum May Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Sonum May Photography offer?

Sonum May Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Sonum May Photography offer for wedding events?

Sonum May Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Sonum May Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Sonum May Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Sonum May Photography offer?

Sonum May Photography currently offers 1 discount promotion for wedding services.