Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1

About Something Bleu

Denise Eliopulos has always had a flair for creating distinctive experiences and, for over 32 years, she has been sharing her vision with the women of Saratoga Springs and beyond. In 1981 having recently returned from a stint living in Hawaii. She brought the island’s easy tropical aesthetic (along with Sybil, her flirtatious singing parrot) to a new shop on Broadway. Bird of Paradise Boutique was born and today is one of the longest continually operating retail businesses in the Spa City. In the early days, the shop specialized in novel clothing and accessories for all occasions, including non-traditional bridal.

Fast forward to 1994 After searching far and wide for her own, Vintage-inspired wedding gown, Denise brought a new vision to the region – a unique salon where women could luxuriate in the magical experience of being a bride. With a focus on romance, she and her team set out to uncover the princess in every woman.

In 2001 Denise’s dream took on even grander scale when Something Bleu Bridal and Bird of Paradise Boutique relocated to their current location in a renovated Victorian Mansion in the Grant Plaza on Woodlawn Avenue. The building itself, with its dramatic staircase, fine woodwork, stained glass windows and picturesque fireplaces, sets the stage for European charm and elegance. Bridal parties meander up the grand staircase and into an elegant ballroom featuring exclusive European, American and international gowns elegantly displayed for perusal.

Denise and buyer Allison Badger meticulously select each one. They range from traditional to trendy, glamorous to demure, simple to sophisticated. Something Bleu has worked closely for many years with several designers, whom the salon represents exclusively in this region. Care is taken to choose gowns that accommodate all budgets, so that every bride can receive the royal treatment and quality wedding gown that she deserves.

In September 2013 Denise passed the torch on to, Connie Redgrave. Denise plans to focus on the unstoppable growth of Something Bleu Bridal. With the new ownership of Bird of Paradise came a new expanded location for the boutique on the first floor of Grant Plaza, just below Something Bleu.

Today, the two shops working independently continue to offer one-of-a-kind dresses, unparalleled service and a caring, personalized experience for brides, mothers, prom girls and any woman celebrating a special occasion.

Something Bleu Bridal offers gowns in three price points with non-commission stylists to assist each bride with attentive, relaxed and knowledgeable service at any price level.

First Range: $500-$1,500

Second Range: $1,600-$2,500

Third Range: $2,700-$4,900

Appointments highly recommended although our staff is happy to assist walk-in brides as well.

Follow Something Bleu on
103483097433756390481583692733591511421721n
103483097433756390481583692733591511421721n

93 Reviews for Something Bleu

Amy · Married on 10/04/2019

Amazing Experience!!

I got my wedding dress here at Something Bleu for my wedding and I can honestly say it was such a great experience from start to finish! For the initial appointment I went with my mom, FMIL, some family, and a few of my bridesmaids and we were given our very own dressing room! The woman I worked with Terry- was incredible! She made me feel so comfortable and really helped make the process a fun one! I can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Soucar · Married on 09/21/2019

Wonderful Dress experience

Over a year before my wedding I scheduled an appointment at Something Bleu. The salon was adorable and intimate. We browsed through the dresses according to the thoughts I'd had previously and the pictures I'd brought. Right before we walked into the dressing room a particular dress caught my eye. Even though it wasn't like anything I'd thought I'd like, she grabbed it and one of the other dresses in that collection. That dress, that first one I tried on, the one that I likely wouldn't have tried on if she hadn't seen my eyes drift, was the dress I purchased. At the end of the appointment I was almost 100% positive but wanted to go to other appointments, and they added a quick appointment for me the next day so I could come back if I didn't find a dress I like better. When I came back they let me mess around with the dress and a bouquet and accessories to get a feel for the dress.
    On the process of ordering, we ordered larger than strictly necessary, and the salon owner called me a couple weeks later to make sure I was ok with ordering that size up, as many brides fixate on the dress size. I appreciated the thought. Christmas Eve that year, three months after ordering, I got a call that the dress was in. They housed the dress until I started my fittings. The week of the wedding they pressed the dress and got it all ready for the big day. The dress looked fabulous and I greatly appreciate the care they took with it and the experience I had getting it there.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Something Bleu FAQ

• Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Veils

Real Weddings

• Samantha Nass Floral Design Wedding Florists

A wonderful Bridal salon with a great team who will ensure you find the perfect dress/accessories for your special day. Something Bleu Bridal carries some of the most exquisite European gowns and one of a kind jewelry. A must for Brides to be!

• Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866 See on map
    Location of (Something Bleu)