York, PA 17404 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,500
Availability Check your date

About SMJ Photography

I focus on capturing important moments in the most authentic way possible so my couples can be the rockstars that they are. None of my weddings look exactly the same as the last one because I treat each wedding like it should be: unique. I love working with couples that have a passion for life and each other and want their photos to represent that.

Follow SMJ Photography on

SMJ Photography 2
SMJ Photography 3

Lindsay Clarke Brubaker · Married on 12/29/2018

Best ever!

We had an absolutely amazing experience with Scott from start to finish. We went with Scott because his portfolio demonstrated that he excelled at capturing emotionally-charged, adventurous photos... and working in low-light. Given our engagement shoot and wedding plans, we knew that his skills would be the perfect fit. And boy did he deliver!
    Scott included an engagement shoot with our package and was incredibly patient with arranging re-shoots because we were dead set on riding in a hot air balloon for but the weather just wasn't cooperating for a while. Once we finally got up in the air, we could not have been more thrilled with our photos-- they were unique, gorgeous, professional, and timely!
    As our wedding season progressed, Scott was incredibly thorough and organized. He did a great job of specifying all the photos we wanted for our big day so we weren't scrambling with requests on the day of. He was always just a phone call away but he also has a great online portal with tools to help you view your contract, preference sheets, shoot lists, and orders that are accessible 24/7.
    Once the big day came, he was prompt, supportive, and flexible. He brought an excellent team with him-- a highly skilled 2nd shooter and assistant that really made our photos the cream of the crop. They really helped with lighting, covering concurrent events, and adjusting our looks. By having this team, I was assured that they captured every moment beautifully. They were able to stay engaged to capture each moment while staying in the background enough such that we never felt like they intruded on something personal. I also got great feedback from our venue and DJ about working with him. He worked very well with our other vendors to ensure a seamless day for us :)
    It's worth mentioning that we had a wintertime wedding at a local ski resort. He and his team were great sports about freezing away and walking through snow to get the pictures we wanted. They even rode a ski lift to help get some big epic getaway shots!
    After the big day, Scott worked tirelessly to edit our photos and design a beautiful album for us. He was incredibly polite and responsive for every single revision we requested... And I'm sheepish to admit how many revisions it was! Overall, excellent customer service to make sure that he was giving us the perfect product. In the end, we got a wedding album more beautiful than we imagined that captures the best day of our lives to date.
    I really worry that this review does not do him justice. Just do yourself a favor, book him before someone else does! You will not regret it!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Laura Andrie · Married on 10/27/2018

Look no further for your photographer...5+ stars!

Choosing Scott as our photographer was the best decision my husband and I made! His out of the box approach and “anything for the shot mentality” creates the most amazing photos! Scott and his assistants were the epitome of professional and organized at both our engagement shoot and our wedding day. Scott and his team possess the ability to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera and trust that they are capturing all your special moments the best way possible. His "engagement adventures" are such a fun pre-wedding activity that allow you to get to know his process and what you can expect on your big day! We love each and every one of the photos that Scott has captured of us and can't wait to share them with our family and friends! We could not have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 02/07/2019

SMJ Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Laura and Joe! We had such a great time working with you and capturing your memories!

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2018

Priceless and perfect!

SMJ Photography is the best of the best! Scott and his team are easy going,great to work with and professional. I really enjoyed how they capture the best moments for our engagement pictures and our wedding. Everyone at my wedding keeps raving about how much they loved them and how awesome of a job they did. I will happily recommend anyone and everyone to use them. I have no negative things to say about them, I would go through the hell of planning another wedding just to work with them again.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Award

SMJ Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• Maykell Araica Photography
    Maykell Araica Photography Wedding Photographers

Scott creates stunning imagery, and his constant push to break creative boundaries give each of his clients a fresh and unique experience.

• Bella Sposa Event Planning Services
    Bella Sposa Event Planning Services Wedding Planners

It has been an extreme honor getting to know Scott. He is very professional in all areas of his photography business. He did a Photo Shoot for my Grand Opening Event and I was truly amazed with is quality of work and affordable prices. I highly refer and recommend him for any occasion you are seeking a photographer for.

• York, 17404 See on map