7537 E. Polk St., Scottsdale, AZ 85257 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Most Popular Price $1,990
Availability Check your date
  • Meet the Team

About SJA Studios

Now offering Mini Wedding and Elopement Packages!

Simply. Beautiful. Photos. Professional wedding and portrait photography by SJA Studios. Serving Phoenix, Arizona and all surrounding areas. Professional wedding photography by SJA Studios.

Steven’s career in the industry began in 1991 where he worked in motion picture photography. Using the experience he gained as a motion picture camera assistant, he founded Stephen J. Photographic and specialized in fashion and portrait photography. Now, this creative professional is honored to produce wedding collections that showcase genuine love stories under his SJA Studios brand.

wellinton ranch sja studios 153 51 140391 1568139791

152 Reviews for SJA Studios

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2020

Supportive, Flexible, and Overall Amazing

Steven was incredible and helped us navigate the entire wedding process. When COVID changed our wedding plans, he was the first to reach out. Not only did he help us resecure a new date, but he also reworked our wedding package to accommodate our new change of plans. To top it all off, the wedding proceeded without a hitch and the photos turned out amazing despite the extreme winds we had that day. Thank you Steven!!!

Sent on 06/18/2020
  • Sophie

Sophie · Married on 02/02/2020

BEST photographer EVER!

You get what you pay for and let me start by saying that although he was a very reasonably priced photographer, I honestly feel his work is significantly under priced! Steven has a great eye and the quality he provides is beyond expectations! From our first meeting, he made us feel comfortable and did not have any gimmicks about trying to sway us into hiring him. He was very knowledgeable and made a point to follow up and check up with us periodically without being pushy. Quite honestly, he was like the backbone that helped keep my very busy self on track. I had all these intentions about sending him photo ideas for inspiration but last minute retracted and I have no regrets. Steven captured every memorable moment as well as picture perfect shots that looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine! He was very good about making sure he captured all the moments most important to us and gave us input on how to coordinate our time frames to make sure we maximized our ceremony and reception times. I couldn't be happier and he will be my go to, 1st choice photographer moving forward.

Sent on 02/18/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

SJA Studios FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1200
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1990
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints

Team of SJA Studios

Steven Aquilino

Steven Aquilino

Owner/Photographer

I'm Steven Aquilino, the owner of SJA Studios. I know inviting a photographer into your life on your special day is a very personal choice. I will be there throughout your day, capturing your memories, interacting with you, your friends, and family. Naturally, you want someone that you are comfortable with. So, here are a few things you should know about me. I am… ​

a Family Man

I am a proud husband to a wife that says she adores me, and father to two crazy dogs, Max and Cassie, and two formerly feral cats, Chopper and Jasmine. They all make my life whole, happy, and blessed! I am very close to my Mom, who raised me and my three siblings as a single mother – not an easy task back in that day, and I have a profound love and respect for her, even though our Italian & German temperaments make for some lively discussions! ​

an Animal Lover and Advocate

I am a sucker for a cute animal video or two, or five, or fifty… Show me an animal video and I melt! I throw my wholehearted support behind animal welfare organizations like Best Friends Animal Society, and I am actively involved with a wonderful local rescue called 2nd Chance Dog Rescue! ​

a Die-hard Film Buff

Having been in the motion picture industry for many years, I have a deep love for the cinema…I enjoy everything from complex dramas to…well, “Sharknado” leaps to mind…B movies are definitely a guilty pleasure! I often sneak away for matinee showings with friends, and I love to stay up late watching those B movies – the only time my wife will let me get away with it.

a Foodie

Okay, so maybe I am not technically a foodie…I just love food, especially ethnic foods like Indian curries, Vietnamese Pho, and Spanish Paellas…a perfect night out with my wife would be an amazing meal followed by an amazing dessert…probably ending with a handful of Tums! ​(LOL!)

So, there you go. That's my story.... What's yours?

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 7537 E. Polk St. Scottsdale, AZ, 85257 See on map
    602-975-5232 (Phone number)
    Location of (SJA Studios)