7537 E. Polk St., Scottsdale, AZ 85257 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About SJA Studios

Now offering Mini Wedding, Micro Wedding, and Elopement Packages!

Simply. Beautiful. Photos. Professional wedding and portrait photography by SJA Studios. Serving Phoenix, Arizona and all surrounding areas. Professional wedding photography by SJA Studios.

Steven’s career in the industry began in 1991 where he worked in motion picture photography. Using the experience he gained as a motion picture camera assistant, he founded Stephen J. Photographic and specialized in fashion and portrait photography. Now, this creative professional is honored to produce wedding collections that showcase genuine love stories under his SJA Studios brand.

Other couples have also viewed

• Andrea Neff Photography
wellinton ranch sja studios 153 51 140391 1568139791

159 Reviews for SJA Studios

• Catherine

Catherine C. · Getting married on 06/05/2022

Truly an amazing photographer!

We hired Steven with SJA Studios to be our photographer for our destination wedding in Arizona. Steven was incredibly kind and personable from the start. He anticipated our every need - everything from meeting through video chat cue to our distance, offering reliable advice on photography locations, and keeping us up to date on the local happenings in Arizona.

Since our wedding was tiny (5 people total!), Steven graciously offered to split our wedding package to include a family session a couple of days before the wedding.  Steven's in-depth knowledge of the local area lead us to the perfect location in Scottsdale for our family photos. With his keen eye for design, he was able to balance the family seamlessly, so nothing looked out of place or awkward.

For the wedding, Steven was flexible to meet us at our Airbnb for pre-wedding photos. He sent us a pre-planned list of items that he would like to photograph while we were getting ready, which saved us TONS of time.

Steven was prompt, polite to our guests, and friendly with all of the other vendors. During the ceremony, Steven thoughtfully placed himself around the venue without disturbing anyone. He even went out of his way to take a few pictures of our party at our restaurant reception.

Overall, Steven is the best photographer we ever hired, hands down! His experience and expertise in photography helped us capture the most important memories that we will cherish forever. The photos that he shot for us were breathtaking! If you are looking for an expert photographer (and not someone's hobby!), definitely choose Steven with SJA Studios!

Sent on 07/02/2020
  • Julie

Julie S. · Getting married on 08/11/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

I had the best experience with SJA Studios! Steven was professional, flexible, and captured my day beautifully. I'm so appreciative of his efforts and would definitely recommend to anyone in need of an excellent wedding photographer.

Sent on 02/21/2021

Stephanie O. · Married on 04/24/2021

Incredible!

Steven was an excellent photographer to work with he was very professional and responsive. He stuck with us throughout the Covid pandemic and beyond! He has an excellent eye for beautiful photography. We were thrilled to see our gorgeous wedding photos. We would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/08/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

SJA Studios Pricing

SJA Studios Price Rates

SJA Studios FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1200
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1990
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints

Team of SJA Studios

Steven Aquilino

Steven Aquilino

Owner/Photographer

I'm Steven Aquilino, the owner of SJA Studios. I know inviting a photographer into your life on your special day is a very personal choice. I will be there throughout your day, capturing your memories, interacting with you, your friends, and family. Naturally, you want someone that you are comfortable with. So, here are a few things you should know about me. I am… ​

a Family Man

I am a proud husband to a wife that says she adores me, and father to two crazy dogs, Max and Cassie, and two formerly feral cats, Chopper and Jasmine. They all make my life whole, happy, and blessed! I am very close to my Mom, who raised me and my three siblings as a single mother – not an easy task back in that day, and I have a profound love and respect for her, even though our Italian & German temperaments make for some lively discussions! ​

an Animal Lover and Advocate

I am a sucker for a cute animal video or two, or five, or fifty… Show me an animal video and I melt! I throw my wholehearted support behind animal welfare organizations like Best Friends Animal Society, and I am actively involved with a wonderful local rescue called 2nd Chance Dog Rescue! ​

a Die-hard Film Buff

Having been in the motion picture industry for many years, I have a deep love for the cinema…I enjoy everything from complex dramas to…well, “Sharknado” leaps to mind…B movies are definitely a guilty pleasure! I often sneak away for matinee showings with friends, and I love to stay up late watching those B movies – the only time my wife will let me get away with it.

a Foodie

Okay, so maybe I am not technically a foodie…I just love food, especially ethnic foods like Indian curries, Vietnamese Pho, and Spanish Paellas…a perfect night out with my wife would be an amazing meal followed by an amazing dessert…probably ending with a handful of Tums! ​(LOL!)

So, there you go. That's my story.... What's yours?

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 7537 E. Polk St. Scottsdale, AZ, 85257 See on map
    Location of (SJA Studios)