SJA Studios

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,990 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,990 Most Popular Price

Simply. Beautiful. Photos. Beautiful, professional wedding and portrait photography by SJA Studios. Serving Phoenix, Arizona and all surrounding areas.

Steven’s career in the industry began in 1991 where he worked in motion picture photography. Using the experience he gained as a motion picture camera assistant, he founded Stephen J. Photographic and specialized in fashion and portrait photography. Now, this creative professional is honored to produce wedding collections that showcase genuine love stories under his SJA Studios brand.

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,990

Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Message vendor

• Catherine
    Catherine C. Married on 06/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly an amazing photographer!

We hired Steven with SJA Studios to be our photographer for our destination wedding in Arizona. Steven was incredibly kind and personable from the start. He anticipated our every need - everything from meeting through video chat cue to our distance, offering reliable advice on photography locations, and keeping us up to date on the local happenings in Arizona.

Since our wedding was tiny (5 people total!), Steven graciously offered to split our wedding package to include a family session a couple of days before the wedding.  Steven's in-depth knowledge of the local area lead us to the perfect location in Scottsdale for our family photos. With his keen eye for design, he was able to balance the family seamlessly, so nothing looked out of place or awkward.

For the wedding, Steven was flexible to meet us at our Airbnb for pre-wedding photos. He sent us a pre-planned list of items that he would like to photograph while we were getting ready, which saved us TONS of time.

Steven was prompt, polite to our guests, and friendly with all of the other vendors. During the ceremony, Steven thoughtfully placed himself around the venue without disturbing anyone. He even went out of his way to take a few pictures of our party at our restaurant reception.

Overall, Steven is the best photographer we ever hired, hands down! His experience and expertise in photography helped us capture the most important memories that we will cherish forever. The photos that he shot for us were breathtaking! If you are looking for an expert photographer (and not someone's hobby!), definitely choose Steven with SJA Studios!
  • Mabi
    Mabi M. Married on 05/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look no further, SJA Studios is THE BEST!!

From start to finish, we couldn’t have been more pleased with Steven Aquilino and SJA Studios! Hands down, Steven was the best vendor we worked with throughout our wedding planning process! In preparation for our wedding in Phoenix, we reached out to multiple photographers; Steven was the only one to respond to our inquiry. Never having planned anything like this before, Steven spent quite a bit of time during multiple phone calls walking us through the process and explaining what we could expect. His extensive experience with wedding photography not only eased any anxiety we had, but also inspired some great ideas (which turned into wonderful memories!). Steven was always extremely responsive to e-mailed questions and provided all the information we were looking for each time (and we had a lot of questions). Along the way, Steven did little things to enhance our experience like sending a tin of gourmet cookies and a Starbucks gift card. On the day of our wedding, Steven worked extremely hard to ensure we got all the photos we wanted. The photos are fantastic!! We love looking at them all the time and have such wonderful keepsakes of our special day! We feel very grateful that Steven responded, and was available for our wedding! We would absolutely recommend him without hesitation to anyone for any occasion! Working with him was a highlight of our planning/preparation and he added so much to the overall experience and the wedding day itself! Thank you so much Steven Aquilino and SJA Studios!!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Mabi! It was so much fun working with you two during the planning process and on your beautiful wedding day! Thanks for being such wonderful clients! Wishing you two all the best!
    Erica D. Married on 04/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing wedding photography experience with SJA Studies (Steven Aquilino )

If you are looking for the *perfect* wedding photographer (or special occasion photographer), look no further! Steven Aquilino with SJA Studios exceeded all of our expectations on our big day in April 2022. When it comes to professional photos, I now understand the importance of having a photographer that is passionate about his work and also kind and inviting, making the experience as a whole effortless and so enjoyable! This was our first time taking professional photos and Steven made us feel amazing every step of the way! Outside of Steven being a professional in his art, he was thorough, patient, and captured all of the special moments and memories from the moment we arrived for set up, to the ending of our wedding! Just days after our wedding, Steven was already sharing sneak peek photos with us, and completed our full photo gallery within 2 weeks of our wedding! We highly recommend SJA Studios to anyone who is needing to capture a beautiful moment in time. Hands down a 10/10 experience!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Erica! It was so amazing working with you two on your beautiful wedding day!
  • illustration stars

Team

Steven Aquilino
Steven Aquilino
Owner/Photographer

I'm Steven Aquilino, the owner of SJA Studios. I know inviting a photographer into your life on your special day is a very personal choice. I will be there throughout your day, capturing your memories, interacting with you, your friends, and family. Naturally, you want someone that you are comfortable with. So, here are a few things you should know about me. I am… ​

a Family Man

I am a proud husband to a wife that says she adores me, and father to two crazy dogs, Max and Cassie, and two formerly feral cats, Chopper and Jasmine. They all make my life whole, happy, and blessed! I am very close to my Mom, who raised me and my three siblings as a single mother – not an easy task back in that day, and I have a profound love and respect for her, even though our Italian & German temperaments make for some lively discussions! ​

an Animal Lover and Advocate

I am a sucker for a cute animal video or two, or five, or fifty… Show me an animal video and I melt! I throw my wholehearted support behind animal welfare organizations like Best Friends Animal Society, and I am actively involved with a wonderful local rescue called 2nd Chance Dog Rescue! ​

a Die-hard Film Buff

Having been in the motion picture industry for many years, I have a deep love for the cinema…I enjoy everything from complex dramas to…well, “Sharknado” leaps to mind…B movies are definitely a guilty pleasure! I often sneak away for matinee showings with friends, and I love to stay up late watching those B movies – the only time my wife will let me get away with it.

a Foodie

Okay, so maybe I am not technically a foodie…I just love food, especially ethnic foods like Indian curries, Vietnamese Pho, and Spanish Paellas…a perfect night out with my wife would be an amazing meal followed by an amazing dessert…probably ending with a handful of Tums! ​(LOL!)

So, there you go. That's my story.... What's yours?

Cactus Wedding Films Cactus Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

This is an excellent wedding vendor. We highly recommend!

Better Together Matrimonies Better Together Matrimonies Wedding Officiants

A must have for any event! A real pleasure and joy to partner with

Impact DJs and PhotoBooth Impact DJs and PhotoBooth Wedding DJs

My favorite photographer. Friendly, talented, and never misses a good photo opportunity.

7537 E. Polk St. Scottsdale, AZ, 85257
Location of (SJA Studios)

Other vendors in Phoenix for your wedding