SJA Studios Reviews

155 | Scottsdale, AZ

155 Reviews for SJA Studios

• Catherine

Catherine Cano · Getting married on 06/05/2022

Truly an amazing photographer!

We hired Steven with SJA Studios to be our photographer for our destination wedding in Arizona. Steven was incredibly kind and personable from the start. He anticipated our every need - everything from meeting through video chat cue to our distance, offering reliable advice on photography locations, and keeping us up to date on the local happenings in Arizona.

Since our wedding was tiny (5 people total!), Steven graciously offered to split our wedding package to include a family session a couple of days before the wedding.  Steven's in-depth knowledge of the local area lead us to the perfect location in Scottsdale for our family photos. With his keen eye for design, he was able to balance the family seamlessly, so nothing looked out of place or awkward.

For the wedding, Steven was flexible to meet us at our Airbnb for pre-wedding photos. He sent us a pre-planned list of items that he would like to photograph while we were getting ready, which saved us TONS of time.

Steven was prompt, polite to our guests, and friendly with all of the other vendors. During the ceremony, Steven thoughtfully placed himself around the venue without disturbing anyone. He even went out of his way to take a few pictures of our party at our restaurant reception.

Overall, Steven is the best photographer we ever hired, hands down! His experience and expertise in photography helped us capture the most important memories that we will cherish forever. The photos that he shot for us were breathtaking! If you are looking for an expert photographer (and not someone's hobby!), definitely choose Steven with SJA Studios!

Sent on 07/02/2020

Bret Quinney · Getting married on 04/10/2021

Very Personal-able

Steven will make sure you get what you want for your wedding photos. Our photos turned out great! We appreciated how he took control when needed and made sure we got the pictures that we wanted. There is no reason not to choose SJA Studios or at least give them a shot.

Sent on 11/12/2020

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much Bret! I had such an awesome time working with you and Bern on your beautiful wedding day!
  • Laura

Laura Farrington · Married on 11/15/2020

Amazing Photographer, Wonderful Service!

Steven was amazing to work with from start to finish. He met with us via Zoom in the beginning of the process to get to know us and communicated perfectly from the day of my inquiry to the week after the wedding when he sent the photos over. His pictures turned out PERFECT! He is professional but makes everything feel so personal. Would 100% recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 11/24/2020

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Laura! Yours and Hope's wedding was amazing! Thanks so much for having me be a part of it. It was so wonderful working with you two on your big day!
  • Bernadeth

Bernadeth Aquino · Married on 10/16/2020

Your Best Photographer!

Steven is not only a Photographer but A Human being with A Passion, Enthusiasm, Sympathy, and Caring for his costumers. I remembered telling my Fiancé then now my husband that I would like to hire a Photographer that has a character & will get the best of me when taking pictures, Steven Mirror and Far Exceeded that Persona. We love our pictures and him as our Photographer.
    I and my husband would really send him costumers in the future!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2020

SJA Studios's reply:

Thank you so much, Bernadeth! It was so awesome being able to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! I am so happy you love your photos!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/06/2020

Supportive, Flexible, and Overall Amazing

Steven was incredible and helped us navigate the entire wedding process. When COVID changed our wedding plans, he was the first to reach out. Not only did he help us resecure a new date, but he also reworked our wedding package to accommodate our new change of plans. To top it all off, the wedding proceeded without a hitch and the photos turned out amazing despite the extreme winds we had that day. Thank you Steven!!!

Sent on 06/18/2020
  • Sophie

Sophie · Married on 02/02/2020

BEST photographer EVER!

You get what you pay for and let me start by saying that although he was a very reasonably priced photographer, I honestly feel his work is significantly under priced! Steven has a great eye and the quality he provides is beyond expectations! From our first meeting, he made us feel comfortable and did not have any gimmicks about trying to sway us into hiring him. He was very knowledgeable and made a point to follow up and check up with us periodically without being pushy. Quite honestly, he was like the backbone that helped keep my very busy self on track. I had all these intentions about sending him photo ideas for inspiration but last minute retracted and I have no regrets. Steven captured every memorable moment as well as picture perfect shots that looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine! He was very good about making sure he captured all the moments most important to us and gave us input on how to coordinate our time frames to make sure we maximized our ceremony and reception times. I couldn't be happier and he will be my go to, 1st choice photographer moving forward.

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Martin

Martin Sector · Married on 11/30/2019

A photographer's photographer

After spending all the time and effort to make sure our wedding was picture-perfect, the last thing I wanted to do was leave anything about those pictures in the hands of someone I didn't trust. Steven with SJA had a portfolio that immediately caught my eye - timeless natural color grading, obvious technical mastery of the art of photography, and an eye for catching the unique details of the venue, and delivered on the promise of that portfolio.

Steven was incredibly client-focused, and inspired confidence before and during our wedding that we would have amazing mementos. He had no artistic ego, and was up for whatever creative shots we wanted to do, and seamlessly turned our fun shot ideas into art we will treasure forever.

In addition to all of that, he's a genuinely great guy to get to know, I really enjoyed him being a part of our event team, he had a great calming influence on the whole event. He was so subtle my wife didn't even realize he'd been mingling on the dancefloor taking candid shots until she saw the album!

The only apprehension I had before the event was that he worked alone, so I was curious how the ceremony coverage would be--but the results speak for themselves. He was able to capture every angle of our ceremony that we could have wanted, and I don't even remember him being there.

Finally, his color grading and edits were world class. As an advanced photographic hobbiest who knows everything that goes into a good picture, let me assure you: The gallery you will get from SJA is as good as event photography gets.

Sent on 12/24/2019

Megan · Married on 08/01/2019

Steven was a great engagement photographer, he was willing to work with us in the vicious summer heat and really made the moment special! You could tell that he knew how to get the best light and was willing to work with our dog as well for some fun family shots. Our photos turned our great and Steven got back to us with the edited photos within less than a week! You could tell he really enjoys what he does and takes extra steps to make the occasion special.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Jessica Zahn · Married on 07/12/2019

A wonderful experience!

Steven was fantastic to work with. We had our wedding at the Boojum tree and he has worked at this venue for well over a decade and his experience showed. I initially had wanted 2 photographers as I was worried about getting all of the shots done on time, but as he knew where all the best locations were, we were able to finish in record time, which was fantastic considering we started pictures at 1:45 and finished at 4:15! He helped organize all the groups of people, and got some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I could have asked for. Overall, I would recommend Steven to anyone who wants a great photographer!

Sent on 12/29/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2019

Great wedding photographer

Steven was our photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He was pleasant, had a positive attitude, and was easy to work with. Both shoots were fun and relaxed but he still gave us some guidance and feedback to create great pictures. We had limited time during the wedding for the couple portraits, however we really liked how the ones we took turned out. We thought both our engagement and wedding photos turned out great.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Julian

Julian Bostick · Married on 04/20/2019

Best Photographer Ever

Weddings are a very stressful, time consuming thing to plan. Working with SJA studios relieved a huge portion of this. There level of professionalism and help, going above and beyond with vendor recommendations and making sure we were both at ease, contributed to our amazing day, and our amazing photos. Quick response times, to even non photo related questions, and extremely quick turn around time on all our photos, with no compromise in quality or service. I highly recommend SJA studios, they were an absolute pleasure to work with, and I will refer them to any and all people that need a wedding photographer.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Rachel Perez · Married on 04/10/2019

Steven is awesome!

After interviewing many different photographers, we decided to go with SJA Studios. We couldn't be happier with our choice! Steven was awesome throughout the whole process. He was communicative in the months leading up to the wedding, and he helped us stay on track with the timeline on the day of. We are super happy with the photos too, and he delivered them to us in just over a week! Thanks so much Steven!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing photographer and photoS!

Steven was amazing! Quality photos and quality guy. He was so attentive, cool, calm and collected. Steven made us feel special and looked after. I would highly recommend him for any event you want professional photography.

Sent on 04/13/2019

Madelyn Harrison · Married on 02/11/2019

Exceeded all expectations, highly recommend

Steve was very easy to work, professional, responsive, and had fabulous communication throughout the planning process. He captured great shots of every special moment without being intrusive at all. Pictures were high quality and the 10x10 album we ordered is a priceless keepsake. Thanks Steve!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Casandra Young · Married on 01/19/2019

Our photographer was spectacular

Steven was amazing. He always communicated and made sure our every need was met. My husband hates taking pictures and even he had a wonderful time. It was all thanks to Steven for making the experience fun and enjoyable. The pictures came out beautiful. I have attached one to this review. I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Michelle Shannon · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing photographer and person

Steven takes time to understand his clients and what they want. He is very accommodating and willing to offer and suggestions as needed or go with the flow if you already know what you want...Amazing!!!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Crystal · Married on 11/16/2018

Our photographer, Steve from SJA Studios, was the most professional and responsive of all the vendors that were part of our wedding day. From our first meeting, we were immediately comfortable with him and impressed by his work however the cost of wedding photography in general was a bit of a shock! We met with other photographers but knew Steve was our first choice if he could work with our budget. He worked with our budget and once we were able to view our photo gallery, we knew we would be adding some of the extras.
    Not normally a big fan of photographs of myself, these are ones I am ready to share. We wouldnt hesitate to recommend Steve to anyone and i am considering a trash the dress session as a gift for my new husband..he loved the photographs of me too!

Sent on 02/08/2012
  • Jolie

Jolie · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend SJS Studios

Steven was great to work with for our wedding and I highly recommend him. He met with us before to talk about what we wanted. We filled out a questionnaire that helped us during the event stay on track with what photos we wanted to make sure to get. He checked in with us during the party to make sure we were getting the right photos with family and friends. He is personable, reliable and a true professional.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Brianna Roush · Married on 10/31/2018

Wedding October 31

Steven is absolutely amazing, he sat down and really got to know us! Also made it very comfortable with taking photos! Also the quality of the photos he took are absolutely beautiful! I highly reccomend him!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Hannah · Married on 10/07/2018

The best wedding decision I made!

Steven was everything we could ask for in a photographer. Every question that I had he responded to minutes later, no problem. Additionally, even if I didn't have any questions, if it had been a couple weeks since we talked he would shoot over an email asking if I needed anything. Beyond helpful! The editing process was very quick and I received online access to all of my photos before the end of my honeymoon! Not only that, but he was so easy to talk to and understood perfectly how we wanted our day captured! I would recommend him easily to anyone looking for a photographer to capture an important time in your life!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Jared · Married on 09/29/2018

Best experience ever!!

Tim and I couldnt have happier with Steven. He was in constant contact with us all the way up to the wedding. All of our photos turned out amazingly. I loved that he made us feel like just another couple too yet exceptionaly important all at the same time. Thanks Steven for all your hard work.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Erica · Married on 09/21/2018

Steven was great to work with!

We had many questions leading up to the big day and Steven was flexible enough to walk us through what a normal timeline looks like through in person meet ups, emails, and phone calls. Be specific if you want a certain shot,pose, etc so that Steven can make sure to get that for you throughout the day.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Tiffany · Married on 09/02/2018

Steve was very helpful on our big day, he kept us on schedule. He took our desires and wishes for pictures in consideration and made it happen. It was an amazing experience and we would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Krysti · Married on 06/07/2018

Steven is fantastic! He checked in with us to see how things were going and if he could help leading up to the wedding. I was running behind getting to the church for the ceremony and he had everything done for the dress, rings, bouquet and invite shots. All the pictures came out beautiful! My husband is not good at smiling for posed pics but you'd never know it! The day went fantastic and he made sure to give us a time warning if there were any shots we wanted to have taken that we might have missed. No regrets and would hire him again in an instant! Thank you Steven!!!

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/11/2018

Last summer we booked our venue at the Sedona Golf Resort for our wedding on May 11, 2018. Next on the booking list was a photographer because having a great photographer is essential to a wedding. I looked up Steven and witnessed his beautiful photography, and I knew I had to have him as my photographer. Steven has been tremendously helpful, flexible and simply amazing since day one and his expertise in the wedding business extended out to the wedding day, in which, I am genuinely thankful. Steven did our engagement photos and I love them. He captured us just the way we are a fun, loving couple who has been together for 16.5 years! My wedding photos are breathe taking and beautiful, regardless of how crazy the wind was on that beautiful sunny day in Sedona. Steven did an excellent job, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer!! Thank you again Steven for giving us our beautiful, beautiful photos that captured our special day. In addition, our turn around for the engagement and wedding photos were quicker than expected in which makes a bride very happy! We will continue to use Steven for our family photos, and we will definitely recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018