SJA Studios Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Catherine
    Catherine C. Married on 06/05/2022

Truly an amazing photographer!

We hired Steven with SJA Studios to be our photographer for our destination wedding in Arizona. Steven was incredibly kind and personable from the start. He anticipated our every need - everything from meeting through video chat cue to our distance, offering reliable advice on photography locations, and keeping us up to date on the local happenings in Arizona.

Since our wedding was tiny (5 people total!), Steven graciously offered to split our wedding package to include a family session a couple of days before the wedding.  Steven's in-depth knowledge of the local area lead us to the perfect location in Scottsdale for our family photos. With his keen eye for design, he was able to balance the family seamlessly, so nothing looked out of place or awkward.

For the wedding, Steven was flexible to meet us at our Airbnb for pre-wedding photos. He sent us a pre-planned list of items that he would like to photograph while we were getting ready, which saved us TONS of time.

Steven was prompt, polite to our guests, and friendly with all of the other vendors. During the ceremony, Steven thoughtfully placed himself around the venue without disturbing anyone. He even went out of his way to take a few pictures of our party at our restaurant reception.

Overall, Steven is the best photographer we ever hired, hands down! His experience and expertise in photography helped us capture the most important memories that we will cherish forever. The photos that he shot for us were breathtaking! If you are looking for an expert photographer (and not someone's hobby!), definitely choose Steven with SJA Studios!
    Erica D. Married on 04/24/2022

Amazing wedding photography experience with SJA Studies (Steven Aquilino )

If you are looking for the *perfect* wedding photographer (or special occasion photographer), look no further! Steven Aquilino with SJA Studios exceeded all of our expectations on our big day in April 2022. When it comes to professional photos, I now understand the importance of having a photographer that is passionate about his work and also kind and inviting, making the experience as a whole effortless and so enjoyable! This was our first time taking professional photos and Steven made us feel amazing every step of the way! Outside of Steven being a professional in his art, he was thorough, patient, and captured all of the special moments and memories from the moment we arrived for set up, to the ending of our wedding! Just days after our wedding, Steven was already sharing sneak peek photos with us, and completed our full photo gallery within 2 weeks of our wedding! We highly recommend SJA Studios to anyone who is needing to capture a beautiful moment in time. Hands down a 10/10 experience!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review, Erica! It was so amazing working with you two on your beautiful wedding day!
  • Samantha
    Samantha E. Married on 03/20/2022

Super responsive, so kind, and amazing photographer!

Steven was by far the most responsive vendor we hired. He always responded to my emails within 24 hours, often even within 30 minutes! It was such a relief to know that I could rely on him for the wedding. We purchased a 4 hour package for our intimate wedding. In addition to the 4 hours we had together on wedding day, we met with Steven once in person, once over Zoom, and then once again on-site before the wedding day to plan out our photos. He helped us take really natural photos and perfectly captured our emotions on our wedding day. He made us feel like models even though we had never taken a good photo together before! Steven showed us sneak peaks within a few days of our wedding, and returned our entire wedding portfolio within a few. I would 10/10 recommend Steven to anyone looking for natural, bright photos and a photographer they know they can trust!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Samantha! You guys were awesome! It was so great to be a part of yours and Gabe's beautiful wedding day. Wishing you two the very best!!!
  • Jen
    Jen M. Married on 03/13/2022

Awesome photographer!

Steven was great throughout the whole process-- great communication, responsive to the photos we wanted, and very positive and professional. Plus, the pictures look great!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Jen! It was so amazing being a part of yours and Chris's beautiful wedding! Thanks for being such awesome clients!
  • DENICE
    Denice J. Married on 01/07/2022

Absolutely Amazing!

Steven was such a blessing. He knew exactly what we would want in wedding photos. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He gave us pictures we will truly treasure forever!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Denice! It was so amazing working with you two on your beautiful wedding day! Wishing you guys the very best!!!
  • Jai
    Jai Married on 12/18/2021

Incredible!

Choosing Steven was one of the best decisions we made. We are thrilled to have found him. He captured the entire storyline of our wedding so remarkably. He is a true talent behind that camera, very sincere and helpful. Not only did he check in with us frequently every step of the way, he finished our photos in less than 2 weeks from the wedding. One of the coolest people to work with and we are truly grateful he was part of our big day. Thank you Steven for all your hard work and giving us the most beautiful photos. My husband and I will treasure them forever. I highly recommend Steven for your wedding photos. You will be so fortunate to have him as a photographer. Look no further, he is the absolute best!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks, Jai for having me be a part of your absolutely stunning wedding! It was so awesome being able to work with you and Kenny throughout the planning and on your big day! You guys are the best!!!
    Ella F. Married on 10/09/2021

Great photos & personality - Highly recommend

Steven was a fantastic photographer to work with. He has a friendly demeanor and made us feel comfortable. His responsiveness gave us confidence that the photos would turn out great and be delivered in a timely manner. He was gracious through the whole process and was patient with our families when trying to wrangle everyone in for group photos. His professionalism and the quality of the photos make the cost absolutely worth it and we plan to ask him for his services for other events. He really made a great impression on us.

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Nick and Ella! It was so great working with you guys on your beautiful wedding day!
    Cara M. Married on 10/08/2021

Amazing Photographer

Steven was an incredible choice for our Sedona wedding! We booked him in 2019 before Covid changed everything. When we had to postpone our wedding a full year out, he made the process easy and agreed to still be our photographer. Steven was great about keeping in touch, so that when the wedding rolled around, we were very comfortable around him. He felt more like a friend than a stranger. He even sent me the sweetest card after my dog passed away, and I’ll never forget that.

Our wedding photos turned out beautiful, and he made capturing them a breeze. He knew how badly I wanted the red rocks of Sedona in my photos, and he made that happen. Our photos are high quality, gorgeous in color, and perfectly capture the emotions of that day. I highly recommend choosing Steven as your photographer!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Cara! It was so amazing working with you guys and being a part of your wedding day!
  • Renee
    Renee Married on 09/29/2021

Steven is amazing!

I cannot say enough great things about Steven. I saw his website and knew he was the photographer I wanted for my wedding/elopement. He understands lighting very well and knows exactly how to pose a person to create the most flattering photos. I was extremely happy with him and his service. He kept in contact with me and asked a lot of questions. I HIGHLY recommend him.

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Renee! It was so amazing working with you two! Wishing you guys all the best!
  • Julie
    Julie S. Married on 08/11/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

I had the best experience with SJA Studios! Steven was professional, flexible, and captured my day beautifully. I'm so appreciative of his efforts and would definitely recommend to anyone in need of an excellent wedding photographer.
    Stephanie O. Married on 04/24/2021

Incredible!

Steven was an excellent photographer to work with he was very professional and responsive. He stuck with us throughout the Covid pandemic and beyond! He has an excellent eye for beautiful photography. We were thrilled to see our gorgeous wedding photos. We would recommend him to anyone!
  • Becky
    Becky F. Married on 03/27/2021

Steven and SJA Studios

Steven is the utmost professional and willing to take the time to discuss your vision in order to make sure his clients can look back and reflect on what is most important to them after the wedding. He went above and beyond to work with us on making sure the groom was comfortable. After a long illness, the groom is in recovery and needed a little more time and plenty of sitting. Steve made sure we accommodated that! Excellent pictures and service!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much for letting me be a part of your amazing wedding day! It was so wonderful seeing you two tie the knot!
  • Laura
    Laura F. Married on 11/15/2020

Amazing Photographer, Wonderful Service!

Steven was amazing to work with from start to finish. He met with us via Zoom in the beginning of the process to get to know us and communicated perfectly from the day of my inquiry to the week after the wedding when he sent the photos over. His pictures turned out PERFECT! He is professional but makes everything feel so personal. Would 100% recommend him to everyone!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much, Laura! Yours and Hope's wedding was amazing! Thanks so much for having me be a part of it. It was so wonderful working with you two on your big day!
    Bret Q. Married on 10/16/2020

Very Personal-able

Steven will make sure you get what you want for your wedding photos. Our photos turned out great! We appreciated how he took control when needed and made sure we got the pictures that we wanted. There is no reason not to choose SJA Studios or at least give them a shot.

SJA Studios's reply:

Thanks so much Bret! I had such an awesome time working with you and Bern on your beautiful wedding day!
  • Bernadeth
    Bernadeth A. Married on 10/16/2020

Your Best Photographer!

Steven is not only a Photographer but A Human being with A Passion, Enthusiasm, Sympathy, and Caring for his costumers. I remembered telling my Fiancé then now my husband that I would like to hire a Photographer that has a character & will get the best of me when taking pictures, Steven Mirror and Far Exceeded that Persona. We love our pictures and him as our Photographer.
    I and my husband would really send him costumers in the future!!!!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thank you so much, Bernadeth! It was so awesome being able to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! I am so happy you love your photos!
    Veronica Y. Married on 10/10/2020

Fabulous experience!

My husband and I got married in the middle of the craziest year in history. We had a couple of other vendors who weren't very flexible, but Steven was understanding and supportive, and came up with a bespoke plan that fit our needs perfectly. Steven communicated with us frequently prior to the event so there was nothing to worry about on the Big Day except to relax and have fun. The photos were absolutely lovely and captured the day perfectly!

SJA Studios's reply:

Thank you, Veronica, for the amazing review! And, thanks for having me be a part of your beautiful wedding day. Wishing you two all the best!
    Lindsay M. Married on 06/20/2020

Incredible

Steven Aquilino went above and beyond our expectations as our wedding photographer! He was always there when we had questions, he checked in with us to make sure we were doing well and had everything we needed, even in the midst of Covid. He was outgoing, kind, timely, and organized. I definitely recommend him!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 06/06/2020

Supportive, Flexible, and Overall Amazing

Steven was incredible and helped us navigate the entire wedding process. When COVID changed our wedding plans, he was the first to reach out. Not only did he help us resecure a new date, but he also reworked our wedding package to accommodate our new change of plans. To top it all off, the wedding proceeded without a hitch and the photos turned out amazing despite the extreme winds we had that day. Thank you Steven!!!
  • Sophie
    Sophie Married on 02/02/2020

BEST photographer EVER!

You get what you pay for and let me start by saying that although he was a very reasonably priced photographer, I honestly feel his work is significantly under priced! Steven has a great eye and the quality he provides is beyond expectations! From our first meeting, he made us feel comfortable and did not have any gimmicks about trying to sway us into hiring him. He was very knowledgeable and made a point to follow up and check up with us periodically without being pushy. Quite honestly, he was like the backbone that helped keep my very busy self on track. I had all these intentions about sending him photo ideas for inspiration but last minute retracted and I have no regrets. Steven captured every memorable moment as well as picture perfect shots that looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine! He was very good about making sure he captured all the moments most important to us and gave us input on how to coordinate our time frames to make sure we maximized our ceremony and reception times. I couldn't be happier and he will be my go to, 1st choice photographer moving forward.
  • Martin
    Martin S. Married on 11/30/2019

A photographer's photographer

After spending all the time and effort to make sure our wedding was picture-perfect, the last thing I wanted to do was leave anything about those pictures in the hands of someone I didn't trust. Steven with SJA had a portfolio that immediately caught my eye - timeless natural color grading, obvious technical mastery of the art of photography, and an eye for catching the unique details of the venue, and delivered on the promise of that portfolio.

Steven was incredibly client-focused, and inspired confidence before and during our wedding that we would have amazing mementos. He had no artistic ego, and was up for whatever creative shots we wanted to do, and seamlessly turned our fun shot ideas into art we will treasure forever.

In addition to all of that, he's a genuinely great guy to get to know, I really enjoyed him being a part of our event team, he had a great calming influence on the whole event. He was so subtle my wife didn't even realize he'd been mingling on the dancefloor taking candid shots until she saw the album!

The only apprehension I had before the event was that he worked alone, so I was curious how the ceremony coverage would be--but the results speak for themselves. He was able to capture every angle of our ceremony that we could have wanted, and I don't even remember him being there.

Finally, his color grading and edits were world class. As an advanced photographic hobbiest who knows everything that goes into a good picture, let me assure you: The gallery you will get from SJA is as good as event photography gets.
    Megan Married on 08/01/2019
    Steven was a great engagement photographer, he was willing to work with us in the vicious summer heat and really made the moment special! You could tell that he knew how to get the best light and was willing to work with our dog as well for some fun family shots. Our photos turned our great and Steven got back to us with the edited photos within less than a week! You could tell he really enjoys what he does and takes extra steps to make the occasion special.
    Jessica Z. Married on 07/12/2019

A wonderful experience!

Steven was fantastic to work with. We had our wedding at the Boojum tree and he has worked at this venue for well over a decade and his experience showed. I initially had wanted 2 photographers as I was worried about getting all of the shots done on time, but as he knew where all the best locations were, we were able to finish in record time, which was fantastic considering we started pictures at 1:45 and finished at 4:15! He helped organize all the groups of people, and got some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I could have asked for. Overall, I would recommend Steven to anyone who wants a great photographer!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 06/22/2019

Great wedding photographer

Steven was our photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He was pleasant, had a positive attitude, and was easy to work with. Both shoots were fun and relaxed but he still gave us some guidance and feedback to create great pictures. We had limited time during the wedding for the couple portraits, however we really liked how the ones we took turned out. We thought both our engagement and wedding photos turned out great.
  • Julian
    Julian B. Married on 04/20/2019

Best Photographer Ever

Weddings are a very stressful, time consuming thing to plan. Working with SJA studios relieved a huge portion of this. There level of professionalism and help, going above and beyond with vendor recommendations and making sure we were both at ease, contributed to our amazing day, and our amazing photos. Quick response times, to even non photo related questions, and extremely quick turn around time on all our photos, with no compromise in quality or service. I highly recommend SJA studios, they were an absolute pleasure to work with, and I will refer them to any and all people that need a wedding photographer.
    Rachel P. Married on 04/10/2019

Steven is awesome!

After interviewing many different photographers, we decided to go with SJA Studios. We couldn't be happier with our choice! Steven was awesome throughout the whole process. He was communicative in the months leading up to the wedding, and he helped us stay on track with the timeline on the day of. We are super happy with the photos too, and he delivered them to us in just over a week! Thanks so much Steven!