SJA Studios Reviews

SJA Studios 5
SJA Studios 6
SJA Studios 7

Megan · Getting married on 08/01/2019

Steven was a great engagement photographer, he was willing to work with us in the vicious summer heat and really made the moment special! You could tell that he knew how to get the best light and was willing to work with our dog as well for some fun family shots. Our photos turned our great and Steven got back to us with the edited photos within less than a week! You could tell he really enjoys what he does and takes extra steps to make the occasion special.

Crystal · Married on 11/16/2018

Our photographer, Steve from SJA Studios, was the most professional and responsive of all the vendors that were part of our wedding day. From our first meeting, we were immediately comfortable with him and impressed by his work however the cost of wedding photography in general was a bit of a shock! We met with other photographers but knew Steve was our first choice if he could work with our budget. He worked with our budget and once we were able to view our photo gallery, we knew we would be adding some of the extras.
    Not normally a big fan of photographs of myself, these are ones I am ready to share. We wouldnt hesitate to recommend Steve to anyone and i am considering a trash the dress session as a gift for my new husband..he loved the photographs of me too!

• Jolie

Jolie · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend SJS Studios

Steven was great to work with for our wedding and I highly recommend him. He met with us before to talk about what we wanted. We filled out a questionnaire that helped us during the event stay on track with what photos we wanted to make sure to get. He checked in with us during the party to make sure we were getting the right photos with family and friends. He is personable, reliable and a true professional.

Brianna Roush · Married on 10/31/2018

Wedding October 31

Steven is absolutely amazing, he sat down and really got to know us! Also made it very comfortable with taking photos! Also the quality of the photos he took are absolutely beautiful! I highly reccomend him!

Jared · Married on 09/29/2018

Best experience ever!!

Tim and I couldnt have happier with Steven. He was in constant contact with us all the way up to the wedding. All of our photos turned out amazingly. I loved that he made us feel like just another couple too yet exceptionaly important all at the same time. Thanks Steven for all your hard work.

Erica · Married on 09/21/2018

Steven was great to work with!

We had many questions leading up to the big day and Steven was flexible enough to walk us through what a normal timeline looks like through in person meet ups, emails, and phone calls. Be specific if you want a certain shot,pose, etc so that Steven can make sure to get that for you throughout the day.

Tiffany · Married on 09/02/2018

Steve was very helpful on our big day, he kept us on schedule. He took our desires and wishes for pictures in consideration and made it happen. It was an amazing experience and we would definitely recommend him.

Krysti · Married on 06/07/2018

Steven is fantastic! He checked in with us to see how things were going and if he could help leading up to the wedding. I was running behind getting to the church for the ceremony and he had everything done for the dress, rings, bouquet and invite shots. All the pictures came out beautiful! My husband is not good at smiling for posed pics but you'd never know it! The day went fantastic and he made sure to give us a time warning if there were any shots we wanted to have taken that we might have missed. No regrets and would hire him again in an instant! Thank you Steven!!!

• F

Frances · Married on 05/11/2018

Last summer we booked our venue at the Sedona Golf Resort for our wedding on May 11, 2018. Next on the booking list was a photographer because having a great photographer is essential to a wedding. I looked up Steven and witnessed his beautiful photography, and I knew I had to have him as my photographer. Steven has been tremendously helpful, flexible and simply amazing since day one and his expertise in the wedding business extended out to the wedding day, in which, I am genuinely thankful. Steven did our engagement photos and I love them. He captured us just the way we are a fun, loving couple who has been together for 16.5 years! My wedding photos are breathe taking and beautiful, regardless of how crazy the wind was on that beautiful sunny day in Sedona. Steven did an excellent job, and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer!! Thank you again Steven for giving us our beautiful, beautiful photos that captured our special day. In addition, our turn around for the engagement and wedding photos were quicker than expected in which makes a bride very happy! We will continue to use Steven for our family photos, and we will definitely recommend him!!!

Shelby · Married on 04/07/2018

SJA studios did an amazing job! Steven is so nice and professional. I always felt taken care of with them. They really did amazing on the wedding day, they were so helpful and respectful. I even got my pictures back early. I would recommend them to anyone even family!

Shelby · Married on 04/07/2018

SJA Studios 8
    SJA Studios 9
    SJA Studios 10

Kristen · Married on 03/10/2018

Steven did a wonderful job for both our engagement session (which we used for our First Look) and for our wedding. We had a very different venue which required a lot of flexibility and mobility on his part. He was patient and enthusiastic. His pictures are beautiful! I can't wait to get our photo album ordered. Thank you for everything, Steven!

SJA Studios 11
    SJA Studios 12

Ashley · Married on 02/25/2018

Steven is absolutely incredible! From start to finish my husband and I were beyond impressed, touched by his thoughtfulness and sincerity of care. Steven's pictures are stunning - we did both engagement and wedding with him and were in love with every single one. He was so kind to check in on us frequently throughout the year between our engagement pictures and wedding - to see if we needed anything in terms of help or support. He is so accommodating to schedules and was very willing to work with our busy lives.

I could spend all day talking about how much we value and adore Steven as a photographer and a newfound friend, but go find out for yourselves! I can guarantee you'll love him as much as we do. Thanks again Steven!!

Melody · Married on 02/24/2018

Steven is so easy to work with and makes the whole process enjoyable and pain-free. He is very attentive and patient. My brother and sister-in-law used him for their wedding and then a few years later we used him to take some new family portraits. Every time we have used him we have been super happy! I could not have asked for a better photographer. I definitely recommend!

SJA Studios 13
    SJA Studios 14
    SJA Studios 15

Adrienne · Married on 02/09/2018

There are so many options when choosing a photographer and it can be so overwhelming. We wanted someone we could connect with and who saw our vision of what we wanted for our engagement/wedding photos, not to mention a photographer that wouldn't break the bank. We couldn't have been happier with our choice! Steven was with us every step of the way, gave us referrals for vendors we needed, and checked in every now and then to make sure our planning was going well. No other vendor did that for us! Steven was so nice and professional and made us feel like we were his only client. I don't have enough good things to say about SJA Studios and Steven which is why we will use him again in the future! Thanks again, Steven!

• Chrissy

Chrissy · Married on 11/19/2017

Picking a photographer for the most important day of your lives, is an incredibly hard decision! My husband and I had narrowed it down to two and made our final choice with SJA Studios! Steven was the easiest person to work with. He was always available to help, even if it had nothing to do with photography! He would constantly check in with us and see how were were doing prior to our event. He gave us tips and tricks along the way! The day of our wedding he was there promptly on time and was able to capture every memory we wanted and more.
    Turn around for our photos was SUPER fast! We waiting a week an a half after our wedding for our honeymoon! When we landed in Kauai, I turned on my phone and had an email awaiting with the link to our photos! What a treat! Our mouths dropped to the floor the whole time we reviewed the photos. THEY ARE PERFECT! We will have them for a lifetime and Steven to thank for it! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING! You made it so easy! I would recommend SJA to everyone!

Carina · Married on 11/18/2017

Steven was an absolute joy to work with! He was extremely assertive and reached out multiple times before our wedding to check-in and offer help in any way he could. Even though we live out of state, he was very flexible in arranging our in-person meetings as well as Skype calls. On our big day, Steven was very professional and knew of multiple spots in Sedona to capture the beauty of the red rocks behind us. The photographs are gorgeous and he was able to use the natural lighting to his advantage. We will treasure them for many years to come. We highly recommend Steven for your wedding photography needs!

Meghan · Married on 11/12/2017

Steven was so great to work with for our wedding. From start to finish he was very accommodating and professional. He was so helpful with ideas for photos throughout the day. He took some incredible photos throughout the day and especially during the ceremony. Steven was exactly correct, the day absolutely flies by and he was so very helpful with all of the little things that go on throughout the day! And wow, just wow! The photos were incredible, every detail was covered perfectly! The coolest part of this whole process is that Steven is such a great person! He's so kind and considerate as well as passionate about his work. He takes great pride in his craft and we couldn't be more appreciative for this opportunity! We would highly recommend Steven to be your photographer for your event 1000%!! Thank you so much for everything!!

• W

wade · Married on 11/04/2017

Stephen is creative and cooperative. He was integral to our wonderful Sedona AZ destination wedding! Our long distance planning was not stressful in part because SJA Studios is dependable and responsible. Finally, his talent produced beautiful photographs to preserve our treasured memories. Hire SJA Studios for a great return on your investment.

Courtney · Married on 10/28/2017

Steven was fabulous! We did our engagement photos with Steven, and due to weather conditions were weren't thrilled with the outcome. Steven offered a re-shoot at no charge and we LOVED the photos. We hired Steven to come to our rehearsal dinner to get candid photos. It was so nice having him there so we didn't have to worry about taking photos. Steven also captured beautiful photos during our wedding. Steven told us we would have our photos 3-4 weeks after the wedding and he surprised us and had them back just over a week after out wedding. He was always quick to respond to emails and very professional. We were so happy with his work that we ordered albums for our parents. I highly recommend SJA Studios!

Crystal · Married on 10/07/2017

Steven was wonderful to work with. Having no experience in hiring a photographer, he was transparent and upfront with not only costs but logistics and how the day would go. He took the time to check in with us several times before the wedding to just see how we were doing. On the big day, Steven and his assistant were fantastic. I couldn't have imagined how it could have gone any better. The pictures he captured were amazing! From the posed pictures to the candid shots, he did such a great job. I am so excited to have these great photos forever!

Amy · Married on 09/23/2017

Steven was amazing from the day we met him! Very attentive and always there every step of the way. He even goes so far as to check in every now and then just to see how you are doing! He is an amazing photographer - from style to care and precision with every shot. He captured so many beautiful moments, especially the ones when you didn't even know he was looking. That is the magic, to be able to see all the true emotions on your special day! He was also very conscious in asking us if we had all the shots we wanted throughout the day, although we didn't really have to make any special requests. We put all our trust in him and his work speaks for itself. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKING SJA STUDIOS!

• Paige

Paige · Married on 07/02/2017

My husband and I hired Steven to do our engagement photos and our wedding photography. He was phenomenal. He kept in touch with us and was very knowledgeable about where to get the. Eat photos in both scenarios. He also went out of his way to explain the process and the timelines to us which was very generous and helpful in easing our stress about our big day! If you're looking for a photographer that genuinely cares about you and your photos and will give 100% to giving you the best product, hire Steven!

Jenni · Married on 06/23/2017

Steven was great to work with. We were from out of town so Steven set up Skype calls for us to discuss our needs and desires. Steven did an amazing job, was always very responsive, arrived on time the day of and got some amazing shots. Overall, I would highly recommend Steven and he got us our pictures within a week when we were still on our honeymoon. Extremely satisfied!

Amy · Married on 06/16/2017

From the beginning of contact with Steven we noticed his professionalism and helpfulness. We were planning our wedding from out of town and were very concerned with not being able to meet with our vendors in person. Our concerns were put to ease after our first telephone contact with Steven. He was not pushy at all and understands that there needs to be a good match with your photographer and what each couple is looking for. Steven gave us pros and cons along with his professional opinions based on what we had in mind. Steven kept in contact throughout the whole process with check-in emails and Skype sessions. He always offered any help including finding additional vendors etc if needed. On the day of the wedding, Steven was punctual and interacted well with us and our friends and family. At the end of the night before he left, Steven made sure that we got all of the shots we wanted. Our photos were completed earlier than expected and were of great quality. We got many compliments from friends and family on Steven's personality, professionalism, and quality of work. Our only regret is not booking more time!