Shutter Photo & Film

Louisville, KY View map Visit website
$4,000 Most Popular Price

$4,000 Most Popular Price

Capturing Stories

Hi! My name is Adam and I'm a documentary wedding photographer and videographer in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through.

I’m a photographer and a storyteller. Let's capture your story.

Let's Capture Your Story!

Hi, I'm Adam Mescan, an award-winning wedding photographer based in Louisville, Kentucky. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I document candid moments full of emotion. I’m there with you celebrating, laughing, and tearing up. Count me as family and not a stranger behind a camera.

Images and videos I have crafted for you will last for years to come. My photography style is documentary based, with photojournalistic tendencies that are beautiful and genuine.

I can be goofy to deliver a fun and relaxed experience. I'm here to help support you on your big day and can provide additional materials with my professional expertise through your planning process.

I graduated from the University of Louisville with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. With seven years of experience photographing weddings, I started Shutter Photo & Film in 2017. Couples have entrusted me over the past three years to capture their love story. I can't wait to capture yours.

Why I Take Photos

I love photography because it allows me to see things from a different perspective. Photography enables me to capture your authentic self, something you don't really see when gathered around for group selfies and "say cheese" moments. The camera lets me show off your personality and quirks, your emotions as you truly experienced them.

But my favorite thing is making memories. I create memories from a specific time and place and hold on to them with detail. Photographs spark your memory and brings your experience back to life.

Documenting your wedding is a great honor to be a part of one of your life's greatest moments and preserve that memory. Telling your story through photography lays the foundation for your new family, with images that will be cherished forever. These photographs, capturing the celebrations of your love, are a family heirloom.

How I Create Stories

This is your day I'm just here to capture it. Supporting whatever you need.

I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through. I gently guide you through the process of posing to create natural photographs.

I work in the background to capture genuine moments to avoid photos that come across as stiff or staged. I'm goofy to help you and your guests relax bringing out their genuine selves.

Shutter Photo & Film provides the final, high-resolution images as digital files and quality prints, with optional custom graphics. They also offer albums, save the dates, and proofs. Their photography services for wedding events include:

• Additional hours
  • Boudoir shoots
  • Engagement shoots
  • Multiple locations
  • Trash-the-dress shoot

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,000

What is the starting price for your wedding videography services?

$3,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Digital Files

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Multi. Locations

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot

Multi. Locations

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism

What primary style do you identify with?

Documentary
Short Form
Storytelling
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Video
Wedding Portraits

Which wedding events do you service?

Ceremony
Pre-Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints
Proofs
Save the Date

What videography services do you offer?

Drone Footage
Full Feature Video
One Event / Day
Save The Date

What final video formats do you offer?

Digital Download
USB Flash Drive

• Alyssa
    Alyssa N. Getting married on 08/19/2023

Adam is always great!

Adam is not only a great guy but he takes amazing photos! He is super friendly, relatable and talented! He will definitely go above and beyond to make sure anyone has a great experience!
  • Julianne
    Julianne S. Getting married on 04/02/2023

Perfect - simply perfect!

Where to start, where to start…

There are just so many good things I can say. Working with Adam was so refreshing, effortless, and fun! I’ll break down my review in a couple different areas.

1. Professional, but never stiff – Adam is a joy to work with. He has perfected the balance between professional but still lighthearted and fun. It’s all about the photos and the process, but yes, we will gab about Dungeons & Dragons in between photos. I felt the ease and comfort of working with a close friend, but the confidence and assurance of working with a seasoned professional. As someone who can be awkward in photos, this made all the difference, and I was able to relax and enjoy the wedding and know that I’m going to get good photos.

2. Personable – Again, I felt like I was working with a friend, but never in a way that I felt I wasn’t getting professional services. We can laugh, joke, and then discuss timelines and money in the same breath without issue. He took the time to get to know me and my wife and really cater our engagement session to represent us. We did a Dungeons & Dragons theme and it was so fun, especially because he totally understands and plays the game as well so it was great to geek out about it and get some fantastic photos. But you can easily tell he was genuinely interested in us and making this a perfect experience for us, not putting us into a mold that worked best for him.

3. Technical Ability – the photos really speak for themselves and his technical ability. His use of lighting, angles, focus, and catching those candid moments is amazing. You can just tell that he knows his way around his equipment and had created a seamless process for capturing an event. It really was seamless – while I was catching up with friends at the wedding, he’s setting up a photo station for those staged, family photos. He ushered all us in, got us set up, knocked out the photos, and then tore everything down and was back to the ceremony before I even realized I wanted him to get a photo of something else. I had the thought of “Oh, I want to get this” and boom, he’s already there. He had great ideas for photos, too, which was super helpful as I’m not really creative that way. As someone who needs a bit more direction in how to pose and facial expressions, Adam has a gentle, polite manner. But the fact that he took the time to say, “Hey, can you lift your chin a little?” or “Can you relax your shoulders just a tad?” was comforting because it shows he’s looking at the whole picture and thinking about how the client will feel about how they look in the picture. The little things that maybe seem “picky” or not “that important” can make all the difference, and he makes sure that the person in the photo is going to be their most flattering selves.

So, yeah, 5/5 stars, thumbs up, would 100% recommend. Prices are fair and payment systems worked really well for us. I never felt like I would be cheated out of anything. I definitely got my money’s worth and then some. Turn-around time for photos was spot-on. I got married on 2/28/2021, and got a sneak-peek a few days later with polished, sharp, amazing photos.

Shutter Photo & Film's reply:

I can’t even say enough to thank you all for such an awesome review! It sincerely means SO much that you took the time to write this review for me and be so thorough as well as send it across all of the internet! I know we had a lot of things change up with the current climate but everything ended up being so beautiful. I’m extremely thankful to have been able to work with you all and get to know you.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

2211 Alta Ave. APT 1 Louisville, KY, 40205
502-554-3057
Location of (Shutter Photo & Film)

Shutter Photo & Film frequently asked questions

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film include in the starting price?

Shutter Photo & Film includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film include in their most popular wedding package?

Shutter Photo & Film includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Shutter Photo & Film offer?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film offer?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress
  • Video
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Shutter Photo & Film offer for wedding events?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Shutter Photo & Film and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Shutter Photo & Film is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Lexington for your wedding