2211 Alta Ave. APT 1, Louisville, KY 40205 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 45

About Shutter Photo & Film

Capturing Stories

Hi! My name is Adam and I'm a documentary wedding photographer and videographer in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through.

I’m a photographer and a storyteller. Let's capture your story.

Let's Capture Your Story!

Hi, I'm Adam Mescan, an award-winning wedding photographer based in Louisville, Kentucky. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I document candid moments full of emotion. I’m there with you celebrating, laughing, and tearing up. Count me as family and not a stranger behind a camera.

Images and video I have crafted for you will last for years to come. My photography style is documentary based, with photojournalistic tendencies that are beautiful and genuine.

I can be goofy to deliver a fun a relaxed experience. I'm there to help support you on your big day and can provide additional materials with my professional expertise through your planning process.

I graduated from the University of Louisville with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. With seven years of experience photographing weddings I started Shutter Photo & Film in 2017. Couples have entrusted me over the past three years to capture their love story. I can't wait to capture yours.

Why I Take Photos

I love photography because it allows me to see things from a different perspective. Photography enables me to capture your authentic self, something you don't really see when gathered around for group selfies and "say cheese" moments. The camera lets me show off your personality and quirks, your emotions as you truly experienced them.

But my favorite thing is making memories. I create memories from a specific time and place and hold on to them with detail. Photographs spark your memory and brings your experience back to life.

Documenting your wedding is a great honor to be a part of one of your life's greatest moments and preserve that memory. Telling your story through photography lays the foundation for your new family, with images that will be cherished forever. These photographs, capturing the celebrations of your love, are a family heirloom.

How I Create Stories

This is your day I'm just here to capture it. Supporting whatever you need.

I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through. I gently guide you through the process of posing to create natural photographs.

I work in the background to capture genuine moments to avoid photos that come across as stiff or staged. I'm goofy to help you and your guests relax bringing out their genuine selves.

Shutter Photo & Film provides the final, high-resolution images as digital files and quality prints, with optional custom graphics. They also offer albums, save the dates, and proofs. Their photography services for wedding events include:

• Additional hours

18 Reviews for Shutter Photo & Film

• Christine

Christine M. · Getting married on 06/05/2022

Amazing Photographer!

We have really enjoyed having Adam photograph our engagement photos and coronavirus ceremony and can't wait till next years repeat ceremony! He's really fun and easy to work with when getting all the shots for each event!

Sent on 06/29/2020

Shutter Photo & Film's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Christine! You all have been a lot of fun to work with and I'm excited for your ceremony next year!
  • Katie

Katie E. · Married on 10/24/2020

Excellent wedding photographer & videographer!

I highly recommend Shutter Photo & Film! Adam's work is great and communication skills are on point. He met with us to determine what we needed, had an awesome engagement shoot, held virtual meetings with us to communicate about details, and made the day of our wedding easier! COVID complicated our plans and he rolled with everything and made generous accommodations for us that were incredibly appreciated. He went above and beyond what you might traditionally think of a photographer/videographer doing - like timeline planning, vendor recommendations, and a really neat aerial video! As someone who did not hire a wedding planner or coordinator, I cannot stress the value of his help with the timeline enough. Having another person familiar with the industry to make sure nothing looked out of place was wonderful. The skill level is a given - you can see it in the photo gallery - but I can totally attest to the important things you can't always see: organization, convenience/ease of the online client portal, customer service, industry knowledge, and communication - all A+!

Sent on 02/11/2021

Shutter Photo & Film's reply:

Thank you so much, Katie and Lance! I'm so glad I could celebrate with you all and help make your planning process easier! Your wedding was beautiful and I appreciate your caution under our current circumstances. Knowing you all are happy with everything makes me happy 😊

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Shutter Photo & Film FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2950
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4675
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Video
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• 2211 Alta Ave. APT 1 Louisville, KY, 40205 See on map
    502-554-3057 (Phone number)
    Location of (Shutter Photo & Film)

Shutter Photo & Film frequently asked questions

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film include in the starting price?

Shutter Photo & Film includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Digital Files

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film include in their most popular wedding package?

Shutter Photo & Film includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Albums
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Shutter Photo & Film offer?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Shutter Photo & Film offer?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress
  • Video
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Shutter Photo & Film offer for wedding events?

Shutter Photo & Film offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend Shutter Photo & Film and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Shutter Photo & Film is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.