2211 Alta Ave. APT 1, Louisville, KY 40205 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 46

About Shutter Photo & Film

Capturing Stories

Hi! My name is Adam and I'm a documentary wedding photographer and videographer in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through.

I’m a photographer and a storyteller. Let's capture your story.

Let's Capture Your Story!

Hi, I'm Adam Mescan, an award-winning wedding photographer based in Louisville, Kentucky. Capturing genuine love, happiness, and awkward moments is my specialty. I document candid moments full of emotion. I’m there with you celebrating, laughing, and tearing up. Count me as family and not a stranger behind a camera.

Images and video I have crafted for you will last for years to come. My photography style is documentary based, with photojournalistic tendencies that are beautiful and genuine.

I can be goofy to deliver a fun a relaxed experience. I'm there to help support you on your big day and can provide additional materials with my professional expertise through your planning process.

I graduated from the University of Louisville with a Bachelor of Fine Arts. With seven years of experience photographing weddings I started Shutter Photo & Film in 2017. Couples have entrusted me over the past three years to capture their love story. I can't wait to capture yours.

Why I Take Photos

I love photography because it allows me to see things from a different perspective. Photography enables me to capture your authentic self, something you don't really see when gathered around for group selfies and "say cheese" moments. The camera lets me show off your personality and quirks, your emotions as you truly experienced them.

But my favorite thing is making memories. I create memories from a specific time and place and hold on to them with detail. Photographs spark your memory and brings your experience back to life.

Documenting your wedding is a great honor to be a part of one of your life's greatest moments and preserve that memory. Telling your story through photography lays the foundation for your new family, with images that will be cherished forever. These photographs, capturing the celebrations of your love, are a family heirloom.

How I Create Stories

This is your day I'm just here to capture it. Supporting whatever you need.

I give you space to be yourselves and documenting those in-between moments and let your personality of a couple shine through. I gently guide you through the process of posing to create natural photographs.

I work in the background to capture genuine moments to avoid photos that come across as stiff or staged. I'm goofy to help you and your guests relax bringing out their genuine selves.

Shutter Photo & Film provides the final, high-resolution images as digital files and quality prints, with optional custom graphics. They also offer albums, save the dates, and proofs. Their photography services for wedding events include:

• Additional hours

Videos 1 Video

16 Reviews for Shutter Photo & Film

Kristin · Married on 06/14/2020

Fantastic service!

We hired Adam Mescan and his Shutter Photography & Film LLC to be our wedding photographer because we liked his photojournalism style and his packages best fit our needs and budget. Part of our package included an engagement shoot, which is where we first met Adam in person. He’s been outstanding to work with so far! He’s a great communicator and very responsive via e-mail, and he did his research about venues before we met for our engagement shoot. He has a great eye for lighting and poses and helped put my fiancé and I at ease and feeling comfortable interacting naturally in front of the camera. As a result, our engagement photos really showcase our personality and look really wonderful because they show our natural smiles, laughter and reactions. We just got our engagement photos back, and they’re beautiful! His editing is great and he provided us both web ready and print ready digital files for our use.

I’m so excited that Adam will be photographing our wedding! I have every confidence that he and his second shooter will do an amazing job capturing the big and little, intimate moments and also our personalities, and that they will be fun to have at the wedding, working and interacting with our guests. I highly recommend Adam and Shutter Photography & Film! Fantastic skills and customer service!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Shutter Photo & Film's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin! I had a blast working with you all on your engagement session! I'm glad you all enjoyed your time during the session. And perfect! It's my goal for you all to feel comfortable in front of the camera. Thank you again for all the compliments! I'm so excited for your wedding day!
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely a joy to work with!

Adam was so incredible to work with! After seeing his portfolio we were so impressed with his style and instantly noticed his framing ability. He gave us the exact aesthetic we wanted and we honestly didn't even notice he was taking photos during the ceremony or reception. He also made our entire wedding party feel comfortable which was huge for us! We definitely found the perfect photographer and gained an awesome friend.

Sent on 05/18/2020

Shutter Photo & Film's reply:

Thank you so much Gabby! You and Joe have been so kind and welcoming from the start. You all and your wedding party were a blast to work with and document! I'm excited to get to some hiking and other adventures with you all!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Shutter Photo & Film FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Video
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Proofs
    Save the Date

• 2211 Alta Ave. APT 1 Louisville, KY, 40205 See on map
    502-554-3057 (Phone number)
    Location of (Shutter Photo & Film)