35183 Seaport Loop, Lewes, DE 19958 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About Shrewsbury String Quartet

We provide music at over 200 weddings a year. We offer a wide repertoire consisting of lighter classical selections, show tunes, Beatles and popular music.

We will start playing prelude music about a half hour before the wedding starts as your guests are arriving.

We will play something special for the mothers and grandmothers to be seated, and processional music for the bride and bridesmaids to walk down the aisle.

We can also play special music during the ceremony, for a unity candle, communion, etc. We will then play for the bride and groom to recess from the altar, and postlude music as your guests are leaving.

We have an extensive repertoire of liturgical music from the Catholic, Protestant and Jewish faiths. The musical selections can be tailored to fit your ceremony.

In the South Jersey / Philadelphia / Entire State of Delaware, this would cost $775.00 for a quartet, $650.00 for a trio or $525.00 for a duo.

If you book us for a ceremony and cocktail hour, the combined fee would be $1275.00 for a quartet, $1025.00 for a trio or $775.00 for a duo.

Please let us know if you would like us to mail you a free demo CD. Also, let us know if you would like to hear us play live.

Follow Shrewsbury String Quartet on

• Videos 1

44 Reviews for Shrewsbury String Quartet

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing musical addition to our wedding for a really reasonable price

Tony Gizzi and The Shrewsbury Quartet provided the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding on 9.13.19. These talented musicians were so easy to work with. They provided many music selections and honored our choices. They played each song beautifully. The quartet music really made the whole wedding unique and elegant. I found them on Gig Masters and saw a clip of them playing for a mini wedding on The Rachel Ray Show. It was so gorgeous, I booked that day without much more thought. In person, they gave me goosebumps.

Tony mailed us a flash drive of music for free. I love having it as a keepsake to listen to their music. I also found their prices extremely reasonable. Plan to tip because they are worth more than their fee!!They were very professional and we were thrilled to have them as part of the wedding team.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Caitlin · Married on 12/02/2017

We hired the Shrewsbury String Quartet for our wedding and I could not be happier!!! They were so wonderful in accommodating every song we wanted played, and they sounded absolutely lovely! I come from a very musical family, as does my husband, so we knew we needed the best, and we absolutely got it with the Shrewsbury String Quartet!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Thomas · Married on 08/27/2016

We had the Shrewsbury String Quartet perform both the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour for our wedding. They arrived early to The Desmond, performed flawlessly, and "wowed" our guests!! The contract process was quite simple, their website provided plenty of samples to help select the music for our wedding, and their performance was exceptional!! Our music selection was pretty conventional, so I can't speak to how special requests would go - but I don't think you can possibly find a better quality outcome!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Shrewsbury String Quartet FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 775.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,276.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Duo, String - Trio, String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Rehearsal Dinner Music

• Unique Invitations by Deborah
    Unique Invitations by Deborah Wedding Invitations

Tony Gizzi is the total professional! I've known him for years and he really knows his music and it sounds so beautiful! I heard his quartet at a wedding and it was great! No flaws, totally professionally done. I highly recommend the Shrewsbury String Quartet! You will not be sorry.

• The Marriage Man
    The Marriage Man Wedding Officiants

I have conducted many ceremonies where the Shrewsbury String Quartet provided the ceremony music---and every time they perform beautifully and add a true touch of class to the event. They have earned my highest recommendation!

• Vows of the Heart
    Vows of the Heart Wedding Officiants

I love Shrewsbury Strings. Their music is wonderful and they are very professional to work with.

• 35183 Seaport Loop Lewes, 19958 See on map