35183 Seaport Loop, Lewes, DE 19958 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 10

About Shrewsbury String Quartet

We hope that our friendly, helpful approach and our familiarity with the course of events at weddings will help your day run smoothly.

The Shrewsbury String Quartet has been playing together since 1999 and performs at over 200 weddings and corporate events each year. We offer a wide repertoire consisting of lighter classical selections, show tunes, Beatles and popular music. We have an extensive repertoire of liturgical music from the Catholic, Protestant and Jewish faiths. The musical selections can be tailored to fit your ceremony.

We get many compliments on the way we sound and we hear from a lot of brides that they appreciate how easy we are to work with.

No one thing provides more romance, ambiance, intimacy and elegance for a wedding ceremony than the addition of The Shrewsbury String Quartet. We provide a wonderful background and set an elegant and romantic mood, allowing for conversation among your guests, require no amplification, and will enhance both formal and informal occasions.

There are some quartets that will not perform at a Catholic Mass without an organist. We are very familiar with Catholic Masses and non-Mass ceremonies; we are very comfortable with or without an organist.

If there is music that you want that we do not have in our repertoire, we will do our best to find it for you.

We are pleased to welcome same sex couples (LGBT).

We provide music at over 200 weddings a year. We offer a wide repertoire consisting of lighter classical selections, show tunes, Beatles and popular music.

We will start playing prelude music about a half hour before the wedding starts as your guests are arriving.

We will play something special for the mothers and grandmothers to be seated, and processional music for the bride and bridesmaids to walk down the aisle.

We can also play special music during the ceremony, for a unity candle, communion, etc. We will then play for the bride and groom to recess from the altar, and postlude music as your guests are leaving.

In the South Jersey / Philadelphia / Entire State of Delaware, this would cost $775.00 for a quartet, $650.00 for a trio or $525.00 for a duo.

If you book us for a ceremony and cocktail hour, the combined fee would be $1275.00 for a quartet, $1025.00 for a trio or $775.00 for a duo.

Visit our website and download our demo mp3.

Follow Shrewsbury String Quartet on

Videos 4 vídeos

44 Reviews for Shrewsbury String Quartet

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing musical addition to our wedding for a really reasonable price

Tony Gizzi and The Shrewsbury Quartet provided the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding on 9.13.19. These talented musicians were so easy to work with. They provided many music selections and honored our choices. They played each song beautifully. The quartet music really made the whole wedding unique and elegant. I found them on Gig Masters and saw a clip of them playing for a mini wedding on The Rachel Ray Show. It was so gorgeous, I booked that day without much more thought. In person, they gave me goosebumps.

Tony mailed us a flash drive of music for free. I love having it as a keepsake to listen to their music. I also found their prices extremely reasonable. Plan to tip because they are worth more than their fee!!They were very professional and we were thrilled to have them as part of the wedding team.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Caitlin · Married on 12/02/2017

We hired the Shrewsbury String Quartet for our wedding and I could not be happier!!! They were so wonderful in accommodating every song we wanted played, and they sounded absolutely lovely! I come from a very musical family, as does my husband, so we knew we needed the best, and we absolutely got it with the Shrewsbury String Quartet!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Thomas · Married on 08/27/2016

We had the Shrewsbury String Quartet perform both the Ceremony and Cocktail Hour for our wedding. They arrived early to The Desmond, performed flawlessly, and "wowed" our guests!! The contract process was quite simple, their website provided plenty of samples to help select the music for our wedding, and their performance was exceptional!! Our music selection was pretty conventional, so I can't speak to how special requests would go - but I don't think you can possibly find a better quality outcome!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Shrewsbury String Quartet FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 775
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1276
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Duo
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Rehearsal Dinner Music

• Unique Invitations by Deborah Wedding Invitations

Tony Gizzi is the total professional! I've known him for years and he really knows his music and it sounds so beautiful! I heard his quartet at a wedding and it was great! No flaws, totally professionally done. I highly recommend the Shrewsbury String Quartet! You will not be sorry.

• The Marriage Man Wedding Officiants

I have conducted many ceremonies where the Shrewsbury String Quartet provided the ceremony music---and every time they perform beautifully and add a true touch of class to the event. They have earned my highest recommendation!

• Vows of the Heart Wedding Officiants

I love Shrewsbury Strings. Their music is wonderful and they are very professional to work with.

• 35183 Seaport Loop Lewes, DE, 19958 See on map
    6099320697 (Phone number)
    Location of (Shrewsbury String Quartet)