La Mirada, CA 90638 Map · Phone number

About SherilynYi Hair&Makeup

Sherilyn is a licensed cosmetologist providing professional hair and makeup services in the Orange County and Los Angeles area. She is passionate in her craft, which allows her to always be on top of the newest trends and styles to better cater to her clients. She is attentive to her clients to make sure they feel confident and beautiful on their special day.

Other couples have also viewed

• Bride Brite Teeth Whitening Kit
alexba1

3 Reviews for SherilynYi Hair&Makeup

• Eunice

Eunice · Married on 08/10/2013

Sherilyn is excellent; her work is excellent. In addition to my wedding coordinator, she probably had one of the most important and difficult jobs of the day: hair and makeup for the bride -- both of which to be heavily documented in photographs by professionals and guests! After having a mediocre hair & makeup experience for my engagement photos, I was nervous about finding an artist who would be a good match. My friend recommended Sherilyn, and I am so grateful she did! It was such a joy to work with her (hair & makeup trial, second hair trial, day of hair & makeup). Her rates are quite reasonable for the amazing quality of service she provides. Sherilyn listens to you and advises when you have questions or concerns. She is truly a professional with the warm touch to win your heart. On my wedding day, my bridesmaids looked and felt beautiful, and most importantly, so did I! I would recommend her to all my friends in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • Mrs.T_618

Krissy · Married on 06/18/2016

Sherilyn did my engagement photo hair & makeup (which served as my trial) and hair & makeup for my mother and me on my wedding day. I was pretty happy with my make up for both. She managed to create exactly the look for which I was going without even having seen my inspiration. I don't know if there's a way to prevent the raccoon eye from eye makeup, but each day I had dark make up under my eyes by the time it was time for photos :( Before the engagement photo shoot I swung by the drugstore to get q-tips & cotton pads and cleaned up as much as I could, but it was still noticeable. And on my wedding day, my coordinator's assistant was trying to help me with the same problem shortly after we'd started post-first look romantic( photo)s. She was familiar with my photographer's style and did my makeup accordingly.

I wore my hair down for engagement photos and up for the wedding - we didn't do a hair trial because I just wanted a low, relaxed but secure chignon. She achieved low and relaxed, but it was NOT secure. It basically started falling out as soon as she left (we had hair & makeup done at my parents' apartment before heading up to the venue), so that was disappointing. My fault for not doing a trial.

Scheduling with Sherilyn was somewhat frustrating. Communication was fine initially, then I didn't hear from her for a week due to someone else inquiring about my date. I understand not wanting to give up a Saturday in June for effectively just me, but if she'd just let me know what was going on, that would have helped. When I went to her for the e-pics/trial, she gave me her address but did not include the gate code needed to get in, or her phone #.

We had to reschedule our e-pics because something came up for her on the day we were scheduled. She was flexible when I moved around the start time for day of hair/make up. She was a half hour late (not surprising in LA traffic) - which may have contributed to the hair issue. She is a great makeup artist though!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Jay B. · Married on 10/19/2019

1.2
      2.0

Our First Terrible Vendor Experience

Know what you are getting into. The deposit is 50%, nonrefundable, and you are discouraged from contacting Sherilyn directly.

I’m sure Sherilyn is one of the best in the area, as her prices are high and she has a steady following on social media. This review is not about the quality of work, but the terrible customer experience.

Before we signed, the bride was able to contact Sherilyn directly and the communication was satisfactory; nothing expedient, but it was acceptable.

Come four months later, the bride reaches out to schedule the trial. She is told all communication needs to go through her new admin, who is a family member. It’s not what the bride expected, but she complied. The communication with the admin was very tedious. All to say, it shouldn’t take several days to schedule a trial. When the bride asked to communicate with Sherilyn, she was told that a meeting must be scheduled. For the money paid, there is too much effort involved.

Eventually the bride was able to contact the owner directly through a phone call. I believe Sherilyn does not know how to console concerned clients, or she does not care to do so anymore. It is never acceptable to raise your voice at a client, claiming they are disrespectful and rude, when all the client was doing is sharing her concerns for the level of service. Sharing a concern is not meant to be taken as a personal attack on the owner’s business practices, nor is it a personal attack on the admin. It is hard to digest that in the wedding industry, a paying client can be told off and have her concerns completely dismissed. It is extremely disconcerting to hear the owner vent about how they do not have the time to speak to clients and seemingly lack any interest to do so.

There was no way we could proceed with giving any more of our time, money, and trust to this business, so we forfeited our deposit and went with someone much more accessible and client-focused. We felt that our deposit was being held hostage, and that is no feeling a bride should ever have.

We scheduled our trial the day we signed with our new provider.

Sent on 06/27/2019

SherilynYi Hair&Makeup FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Hair
    Makeup

• La Mirada, CA, 90638 See on map
    Location of (SherilynYi Hair&Makeup)