Charlottesville, VA 22911 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Sera Petras Photography

My love affair with photography is ever evolving. I feel that my work has an easy, relaxed feel and yet is elegant, light and timeless. I truly believe that you can find beauty everywhere. Being able to capture what is real and true about my clients is the most amazing thing and I can't imagine doing anything else other than being a Mama to my six year old daughter and a wife to my amazing husband. My family is my world and they are constantly inspiring me throughout my journey with photography.

Follow Sera Petras Photography on

6 Reviews for Sera Petras Photography

Sera Petras Photography 1
Sera Petras Photography 2

Darcy · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough about how fantastic Sera was to work with throughout the entire wedding process! Choosing a photographer is essential not just because they're capturing your big day, but they're with you the ENTIRE day - you want to feel comfortable with them during intimate and fun moments alike. Not only was she super fun and enthusiastic about everything on the day of, but she kept me calm, and everyone else around me as well! She wrangled my family perfectly during the formal portraits and organized all of my guests immediately following our ceremony for a group shot (not an easy task). Before the wedding, she was incredibly professional, answered all of my questions, and gave me great tips to make sure the day went smoothly. Ultimately, our photos came out beautifully, and the quality of our album is the best I've seen among friends and family. She's a smart investment. Choose her!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Sera Petras Photography 3
    Sera Petras Photography 4

Sera Petras Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review Darcy! I adored your wedding day and hope to continue photographing you all in the future! You and John Paul were so easy to work with! WE really did have fun, didn't we!! I'm so glad our paths crossed and I was able to be a part of your special day.

Monica · Married on 09/12/2015

Hiring Sera was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. After our first Skype call I knew her relaxed, calm, & professional demeanor was exactly what I (and my camera-shy groom) needed. She was helpful and communicative throughout the planning process. Our personalities clicked and I knew we were going to have a lot of fun on the big day. On the day of, she just did her thing without much guidance/suggestions and the pictures proved she knew exactly what she was doing. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and totally magazine-quality, definitely worth what we paid. I don't know how I'm going to pick photos to display on our walls. I will be calling her in (hopefully) a year or two to beg her to do a newborn shoot! Thanks Sera!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Aine · Married on 06/20/2015

I could write a novel about how wonderful Sera is and an ode to her quality and service. Sera is one of the most talented photographers in the field and really makes you feel valued and comfortable. She's punctual, responsive and has an eye for the perfect shot. I've had the pleasure of being in multiple weddings Sera has shot and most recently as the bride and I have such a huge appreciation for her work. She's worth every penny and then some. You won't be sorry with her quality, attention to detail and diligence to capture your perfect moment.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Sera Petras Photography Pricing

Sera Petras Photography Price Rates

Sera Petras Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 5,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 7,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Film, Natural
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

• Gaie Lea
    Gaie Lea Mansion Weddings

I liked Sera immediately when I met her. I had been told she was the best state-wide and now that I've worked with her, I believe it. She did a photo shoot for our venue a few years ago and we have used her since. She is not only organized, professional and easy to work with, but she is fun! Her photos are simply beautiful. Always.

• Amanda's Touch Bridal & Formal
    Amanda's Touch Bridal & Formal Wedding Dresses

They take such beautiful pictures! Great to work with!

• Orpha Events
    Orpha Events Wedding Planners

Sera has an incredibly effusive personality, which makes you feel comfortable and taken care of - exactly how you want to feel on your wedding day! Her pictures are beautiful because not only does she have an extensive background in photography - but photo styling as well. She brings a wonderful energy and passion to her work and is pure joy to work with. She still shoots film - which is such hard thing to find - and something to treasure. She has a fresh approach and a contagious smile. I always recommend Sera to my clients.

• Charlottesville See on map