Scottsdale, AZ 85271 Map · Phone number

About Sensational Events

Sensational Events is a distinct full-service event planning company that creates one-of-a-kind experiences for discerning individuals and companies. Sensational Events focuses on experience and innovation, not formula and routine. Anything from under the stars to on the links, intimate or grand, we offer the finest personal service.

Since 2001, Sensational Events has led the way in event planning with a strong focus on details, innovation, and a professional approach. Amy Petrovsky's 20-plus years of events, marketing and public relations experience have given her solid business expertise. With impossibly high standards, Amy executes each event as an advocate and trusted confidant of the client—nothing slips through the cracks. Weddings, destination weddings, corporate galas, mitzvahs, anniversaries, and birthday bashes go off without a hitch.

"I have found my passion. I love what I do for a living and I truly enjoy getting to know my clients and making their events successful. I see events as relationships that I build upon because we go through so much in preparation for the event. When the event is over my relationship with the client doesn't end. Some of my closest friends are my clients," says Amy Petrovsky.

Follow Sensational Events on

Sensational Events 3
Sensational Events 4

Angeli Johnson · Married on 08/11/2019

Sensationally Amy!!!!

Amy truly is sensational!!! My fiancé and I decided on a destination wedding after experiencing my sister’s gorgeous wedding in Arizona, in which Amy was their wedding planner. Once we decided on California as our wedding destination, we didn’t think she could be our planner since she is based in Arizona, but after our first phone call, she assured us that she would be more than up for the job. Amy’s professionalism, organizational skills, her penchant for detail, and invaluable experience are obvious from the start. She is very personable and kept us on track regarding all the things we had to do. Unlike other couples we have observed, we never really stressed out about wedding planning because that’s how awesome Amy is!!! She really listened to what's important to us and made sure we enjoyed our day. She did all the research on venue spaces, florists, DJs, photographers, makeup artists etc. and encouraged us to choose who we felt was right for us. Amy knows how to deal with vendors and talk their language, since most of these things were out of our depths. Amy is no-nonsense especially the day of the wedding, which ensured that everything did go the way we really wanted. Two years ago, she did my sister’s wedding, and now after doing mine, Amy is family. Thank you, Sensational Events, for making our wedding a fairytale!!!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Sensational Events 5

Jackie · Married on 02/15/2019

Relax and enjoy your event!

Amy was wonderful!!! For 6 months before, and through their wedding day, with just one very organized wedding planning weekend trip to Scottsdale from Cleveland, Amy worked with my daughter and her fiancé in planning the destination wedding of their dreams. From finalizing timelines, confirming vendors, running the rehearsal, and of course bringing it all together the day of the event, we (mom & dad of the bride) could not be happier with the job she did in helping us create a celebration that we all felt good about. Amy turned everyone’s vision into a reality to make the ceremony and rehearsal dinner pure perfection! She is so friendly and easy to work with, professional and always available. She listened to what was envisioned by all, and really made sure that our daughter’s wedding day was beautiful and perfect! She made sure that anything we could have needed was taken care of before we even realized we needed something! She was very organized and I was not worried about a single thing the whole day & night. Destination weddings have a unique planning requirement and we couldn’t have done it without Amy. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Sensational Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I am sad to see the wedding celebration end but the weekend was perfect and so are Kaila and Nathan together! You must be so proud. I look forward to sharing a glass of wine with you when you come back to Scottsdale. Cheers
  • Kaila

Kaila Zegura · Married on 02/15/2019

We could not have pulled off the wedding weekend of our dreams without our fearless leader, Amy Petrovsky!

We knew the moment we decided to have a destination wedding in Scottsdale, AZ that we would need to enlist the best of the best when it came to hiring a planner. Amy came highly recommended to us by our photographer and family friend Stephanie Heymann, and we knew the moment we first spoke to her that she was the right choice. She gave us such a friendly and comforting vibe right off the bat as we began to chat about our vision, and we immediately felt like we had known her forever.

Planning a wedding from across the country was daunting to say the least, but Amy always assured us that we were right on pace, thanks to her meticulous organization skills and processes. She was always available to talk whenever we needed her and kept us up-to-date in real-time via the Google Drive folder she put together for us and helped us manage with all of our checklists, budget spreadsheets and other very helpful materials she provided. Her flexibility and accommodating personality was so appreciated while my husband and I were planning the wedding amongst our otherwise incredibly busy work schedules.

Believe it or not, we only went out to Scottsdale ONCE before the wedding to meet with her in-person for the first time and to meet with all of our many options of vendors. She seamlessly coordinated that entire weekend with all of those meetings and helped us make efficient decisions within a very limited timeframe. When I think back on that whirlwind of a weekend, I cannot believe all that we got accomplished. And we had so much fun doing it!! That’s the thing about Amy… It is miraculous the way she keeps everyone on-task while still reminding everyone that we are planning the most incredible event of our lives and that we should enjoy every moment of it!

As we got closer to the wedding (and the anxiety started to kick in!), I was very much be able to lean on Amy for all of the little details that needed to be taken care of. Her and my mom really hit it off and worked so well together in those last couple of months, and I was so appreciative of the relationship they had. It was so comforting to know I had these two women I trusted so much taking care of all of the last-minute details. Among so many other things, Amy even opened up personal space in her own home as we started shipping boxes upon boxes of things out to Scottsdale prior to the wedding! That is just one of so many examples that shows how personally invested she is in her clients and the perfect execution of their big day. She is willing and happy to do just about anything to make it the most pleasant and convenient experience possible for everyone involved.

Not only did she help us plan the wedding day itself, she also helped us plan our rehearsal dinner and welcome festivities the night before, and a pool party brunch the day after! It was a BIG undertaking to say the least, and she did it without batting an eye. When it came to the rehearsal dinner in particular, we definitely could not have done it without her. Because it was Valentine’s Day, we decided to host it at a private residence we had rented and everything was supposed to be outside on the beautiful lawn. As luck would have it, the weather forecast was threatening rain, which is very rare in Scottsdale, so not something we had anticipated at all… I honestly had no idea what we were going to do because I knew all off the furniture we had rented (and all of the people!) would never comfortably fit inside. But I did know that Amy had it under control and that she would figure it out. And of course she did! She helped us swap out the rentals last-minute for furniture that would fit better in the space and turned the house into a stunning venue with her creative vision and flexibility. And she did all of this while I was at my hair and makeup trial, so when I walked out of there, everything had already been taken care of. And it honestly turned out better than I could’ve even imagined.

I could go on and on about all of the ways she helped make our wedding the most amazing experience ever, but I will end with this… Amy is SENSATIONAL. She is THE planner. There is no one else out there that could’ve pulled off what she did for us, and I am eternally grateful to her for everything. She went so above and beyond for us every step of the way and I could tell that she found true joy and pride in doing so, which made us equally proud to have her leading the way. We love you Amy!!!

Sent on 04/09/2019
    Sensational Events 6
    Sensational Events 7
    Sensational Events 8

Sensational Events's reply:

I'm at a loss for words (which isn't often -lol)! Your wedding was VERY special and how you and Nathan Zegura made it so much about your love of family and friends created a weekend that was truly unforgettable. ❤️ Thank you and cheers to your happily ever after. 🥂🍾

Sensational Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,000.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,000.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ
    Bobby Russell's Sedona Sounds DJ Wedding DJs

It is always great working with Amy from Sensational Events! She strives for excellence and ensures your wedding, or event, will truly be sensational in every respect!

• Downtown Browne Productions
    Downtown Browne Productions Wedding DJs

Amy and her Sensational Events team are fabulous! All the event professionals they've ever brought together for our fellow clients have been top notch and a joy to work with. These folks put so much attention into the details and it shows. From excellent room designs, Ceremony sites, table arrangements, you name it. Not to mention great coordination between us fellow event professionals both on and before the day of the event. We highly recommend Sensational Events!

• Bamboo Bakery
    Bamboo Bakery Wedding Cakes

Great people and great work!