Windsor, CO 80550 Map · Phone number

About Reverend Barger

My name is Mike. I am a Colorado native, born and raised, and I have lived in the Loveland & Windsor area since 1971. I am the son of an Adventist Christian minister. I have been happily married for over 23 years and believe in the sanctity of marriage. I am also a father, and even a grandfather.

I attended a Jesuit University, and while my degree is not in theology, I did complete extensive coursework in religious studies before becoming ordained. Pursuing my ordination was not a decision I took lightly and it was not something I did to make money. I was ordained for many years before I ever performed a single wedding, and even then it was only at the request of a close family member that I did so. After doing several weddings for friends and family, I realized how much joy I could help bring to couples in love and I have been doing it ever since.

I am aware that the church is not for everyone, and I completely understand the need many people feel to be spiritual without the confinement of beliefs that an orthodox church might impose. I am open-minded and will gladly work with couples of all faiths. I welcome working with those who choose not to be formally religious. And completely non-religious ceremonies, as well as spiritual and inter-faith ceremonies, are all fine with me. It's your day; let's do things your way.

Every bride has a mental image of her wedding day. And I hope to help her make that image reality. I prepare every ceremony specific to the couple getting married. I encourage your active involvement and ideas. I never use a pre-written script. I certainly can offer many traditional readings and blessings for your consideration, but I will make every ceremony unique. Tell me what you want and let's make it happen.

I thoroughly enjoy performing weddings for couples in love. I am honored to be a part of your big day.

95ef4c4123887724 merzcrop
I am always thrilled to be part of such a special occasion!
Colorado offers so many unique and beautiful settings for a perfect wedding ceremony.  Let me help...
Colorado offers so many unique and beautiful settings for a perfect wedding ceremony. Let me help...
A beautiful wedding at the Dunafon Castle and a very happy bride!
A beautiful wedding at the Dunafon Castle and a very happy bride!
A happy young couple getting married at Anderson Farms.
A happy young couple getting married at Anderson Farms.
Even a motorcycle wedding can be elegant and sophisticated - but only if you want it to be!
95ef4c4123887724 merzcrop

16 Reviews for Reverend Barger

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2018

Words cannot express how amazing Reverend Barger is. We were planning our wedding from out-of-state and he made the ceremony planning SO EASY! He truly took so much stress away and I am so grateful for that. Not only that, but he traveled three hours to get to our rehearsal, then drove the three hours home, just to be back the next day for the wedding. We didn't get to meet him until the rehearsal and he made it feel so comfortable, like he was an old friend. His ceremony readings were beautiful. he never sounded lost or awkward... he was perfect! We received many compliments from our guests on our ceremony and Mike is the man we need to thank for that. So thank you Mike for EVERYTHING you did to help us make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/05/2018
  • User2658579 · 1+ year ago

Reverend Barger was a dream officiant for us. We have no religious affiliation, and really didn't want much traditionalism, but still wanted professionalism and eloquence. We spoke to SO MANY officiants and were disappointed by so many. From my first e-mail, to the good-bye after the ceremony Reverend Barger was a dream to work with. He was also affordable, timely, extremely friendly, he incorporated everything I asked for in a creative and beautiful way. I will never forget my ceremony and he made that happen. So happy, and would definitely recommend him to other brides and grooms!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Darlene · Married on 07/11/2015

Rev Mike was the best choice for our wedding 7/15. He made the ceremony very special and personable for us. He seemed like part of the family! He helped us keep things going smoothly despite additions we made at the last minute including myself being driven out to the ceremony in the back of an old car! His choice of words left many tears on our special day, including most of our guests! He made our backyard hayfield wedding feel like a dream wedding! Thank you For your eloquent and thoughtful words as we joined our families!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Award

Reverend Barger FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 275.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 275.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 75.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian
  • In which states are you licensed? CO, WY
  • What languages do you speak? English

• The Meadows Event Center
    The Meadows Event Center Barn & Farm Weddings

Reverened Barger, Is very professional and will make sure your services are catered to your taste.

• Windsor, 80550 See on map