Playful Soul Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$4,000 Most Popular Price

Playful Soul Photography, based in Irvine, California, offers couples a talented and versatile photographer for their wedding day. Lead artist Lauren has over a decade of experience, working with clients to create a timeless series of snapshots of their special day. Her focused, accommodating approach allows clients to relax in front of the lens, helping her capture the sincere moments and emotions of their long-awaited celebration.

Playful Soul Photography offers a wide range of packages, allowing you to choose the experience that best suits your celebration. For larger events, Lauren can be joined by a secondary photographer to help preserve your occasion comprehensively. Along with capturing your wedding celebration, Lauren can also host an engagement session for you and your partner. Other services available from this accommodating team include:

• Multiple locations
  • Additional hours
  • One-event-per-day policy
  • Professional prints

• Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,000

2nd Shooter
Multi. Locations
Albums
Canvas
Prints
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints
Proofs
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

• Y
    Yena Getting married on 08/13/2022

Amazing engagement session

Lauren was so wonderful during my engagement photo session!

We loved her airy, bright, light style and my fiancé insisted on going with her. From the get go, she was always willing to work with us. She helped us choose an engagement photo spot that met my interests. Before our session, I sent her a Pinterest board with photos that got to the 'vibe' I was trying to capture in the photos and poses.

When we met her, she was there early and ready. She had reviewed the board, and already had a plan laid out! We are both not so great in front of the camera, but she was so natural and got both of us to loosen up quickly and so many amazing shots. Literally what am I supposed to do with so many good engagement photos?!? You could tell she was doing a great job at getting us to loosen up and enjoy ourselves - a bystander stopped by and asked for her card!!

She even got a few exact poses from the Pinterest board in - and they turned out great! She has such an amazing eye and really takes care of you. The photos she edited turned out amazing and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work with her, and I'm EXTRA excited to work with her during our wedding. I would choose to work with her over and over again, and will definitely recommend her to friends and family looking for photographers.

Thank you Lauren!
    Doan B. Married on 04/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Booking PSP was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

We would recommend Lauren to anyone!! She is such a positive and comfortable energy, which made her so easy to work with. Her seasoned experience and professionalism was very apparent within our first few photos with her. For 2 people who aren't as natural in front of a camera, we never expected the photo sessions to be so fun and enjoyable. Lauren would even crack jokes to get us to laugh during the photo. My then-fiancé now-husband and I had such a great experience at our engagement shoot with Lauren that we additionally booked her almond blossoms mini session.

Whether it be by directing us through various poses, finding the best angles for lighting, or guiding a large group of 50+ for a family photo, Lauren led all the photo sessions extremely smoothly. It was great seeing her work so well with our other vendors as well such as our wedding coordinator and cinematographer.

After seeing our edited photos for the first time, we were so surprised and impressed! Lauren sure knew how to make us look good and capture the most beautiful shots!! We are so glad we chose Lauren and are already looking forward to booking her again for one of her offered mini sessions throughout the year.
  • Micha
    Micha S. Married on 12/19/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

My wedding was December 2021 and Lauren was absolutely amazing throughout the day! She was able to use her talented eye to spot the perfect spots for photos, was quick to make adjustments when needed, worked well with my other vendors, and more importantly hyped me up throughout the entire day. She made us feel more comfortable and feel confident in front of the camera and I would not have wanted anyone else capturing this special day more than her:) Thank you so much Lauren for your hard work and dedication to making my day that much more memorable.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Team

Lauren Dinh
Lauren Dinh
Owner/Lead Photographer

Hey there! I’m Lauren, I’m currently a full time wedding photographer based in Southern California. I’m both an extrovert introvert so most days you can find me staying cozy at home editing away while binge watching some Korean dramas. But when it comes to sessions, weddings or parties, you bet I’ll show up and bring the energy to the table. Between you and me, I don’t run on coffee like most, its pure adrenaline that fully kicks in cause I’m just THAT excited to do my job and see new faces! I’m known for both my neutral yet colorful tones making your photographs look and feel timeless. By now I’m also quite the expert on handling “awkward” couples who have never had their photos taken before. All my couple end up leaving feeling like a pro.

Interestingly enough, I don’t have a background in the arts or photography. Instead I got my bachelors in Biology and even a Master’s in Biochemistry. So how did I end up here? Well back in 2010, I had my humbling beginning where I started shadowing Jay, founder of PSP, on all his sessions. I eventually took on my own clients and now 10 years later I still continue to be on this crazy journey I least expected.

Since then I have put all my love into this business that I am proud of. Although this was Jay’s baby to start but I definitely raised it to what it is today. When people ask me what’s my style of photography I like to explain it as “life in the middle of the road.” It’s authentic, unposed, yet editorial; not dark/mood or light/airy. Most importantly it’s got a twist of style flair that I add that makes it truly mine.

3 fun facts about me:

1. I took fashion classes back in HS and even participated in some fashion shows featuring my work

2. Although I was born in SoCal, I definitely have an East coast spirit.

3. I’ve traveled a ton and have cruised over 20+ times and counting

Eric Yik
Eric Yik
Associate/Second Shooter

Eric is Playful Soul Photography's go to and exclusive associate and second shooter. He's been with our team for the last 5 years. He's great with wide angle shots, ring shots, and even those perfect candid moments in between!

He makes everything stress free with his calm demeanor and logical thinking skills. He'll take care of you so you don't have to worry!

Amazing Event Djs Amazing Event Djs Wedding DJs

A great easy going, laid back, zany, make you feel good, and (soon to be) husband and wife team of photographers. Hip, chic, and edgy best describe Jayson and Nicole. You should book them, I would.

Irvine Irvine, CA, 92606
Location of (Playful Soul Photography)

Playful Soul Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Playful Soul Photography include in the starting price?

Playful Soul Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Playful Soul Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Playful Soul Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Multi. Locations
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does Playful Soul Photography offer?

Playful Soul Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional

What photography services does Playful Soul Photography offer?

Playful Soul Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Second Shooter
  • Slideshow
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Playful Soul Photography offer for wedding events?

Playful Soul Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Playful Soul Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Playful Soul Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Orange County for your wedding