www.PhinneyPhotography.com, Land O Lakes, FL 34639 Map · Phone number

About Phinney Photography

For as long as I can remember life has been about two things: relationships and stories. Since I was a little girl, I would hide away in my room or an open field, scribbling down all my thoughts about life and love. I worked hard to build beautiful worlds on the page and all around me. As I grew older that love turned into a career as an English teacher and yearbook advisor, where I could tell more stories and create some of the most meaningful relationships of my life. And then one day, the writing and loving turned into a visual art for me through the world of professional photography. My camera has become a best friend, a confidante, and a tool to make life's stories both meaningful and timeless. That's why at Phinney Photography, you can trust me when I say that you are hiring someone who deeply cares about you and your story.

If you are craving some biographical tidbits or would like a formal hello, then this is for you:

Hi, I'm Kimberly Phinney. I'm from the Tampa Bay Area, born in Boston. I am a high school AP English teacher and professional photographer. I taught photography and journalism for eight years in an award-winning yearbook program with All-Florida distinction in photography and writing from the Florida Scholastic Press Association. Some of our photography won best in the entire state!

My photography business is a passion project that came to be a reality in 2011 after several years of gentle (and then not so gentle) nudging from my family, friends, and yearbook staff members. After years of studying and teaching photography and many summers of venturing into the great outdoors to document the breathtaking mysteries of nature, I finally dove headlong into the professional world of photography. It's been a wonderful ride, and I'm not looking back.

I am a sensitive introvert who is inspired by the romantic, the timeless, and a healthy dose of nostalgic black and white photography. With my journalism background, I am most inspired when I catch you being yourself: laughing, smiling, loving, and playing. I am disastrously in love with nature and classic architecture, so it's my vision to blend your beauty with the beauty that surrounds you.

On a personal note, when I'm not taking your picture, I'm drinking offensively strong coffee, snuggling my three rescued pit bull terriers, or reading from my mound of books. I'm a writer with a poet's heart, and I guess photography was the fastest way I could express my passions beyond myself. I am currently working on a novel and will earn my Master of Education in English in 2017. I love my family, my friends, and most importantly, my God. He is the heartbeat in all I do. I'm happiest when I'm creating or helping others, and with my photography business, I've been blessed to do both.

Follow Phinney Photography on

dsc09843
dsc00018

5 Reviews for Phinney Photography

Jessica · Married on 02/06/2016

We are so grateful to Phinney Photography, not only for their flexibility and professionalism, but for the absolutely beautiful images that they captured for us. Our wedding photos are what our dreams are made of, we would hire her over and over again.

Michael & Chantel · Married on 11/14/2015

We wish we had wrote this the day after the wedding, that is how over joyed and extremely pleased we were with our entire experience. Every step we felt as we were family. That's the best way to describe it. We felt like we were getting the royal treatment and that we were the most important clients ever. And that's just describing everything leading up to the day of. We can't find the words to describe the emotions we get looking at Kimberly's photos. They are simply amazing. If you want perfect you want Phinney Photography. We can't say thank you enough for capturing the most important day of our lives absolutely perfectly. - Love The Goodwins

Lindsay · Married on 03/07/2015

Phinney Photography did an AMAZING job with the photography for our wedding. I can't express how happy my husband and I with the quality of photos. The photographers were prompt, professional and paid attention to great detail in their work. It was nice to meet them beforehand to be sure everything was exactly how we wanted it and dreamed it. I appreciated the imaginative eye they had to creating unique and one-of-kind wedding photos that will last us a lifetime. The pictures are definitely worth more than a thousand words; they are priceless! I highly recommend Phinney Photography for any special day or occasion.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Phinney Photography's reply:

Lindsay, Thank you so kindly for such a wonderful review. I feel so blessed to be able to do this job, which is my passion, with people like you. I wish you both the best! Kimberly

Phinney Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

• www.PhinneyPhotography.com Land O Lakes, FL 34639 See on map