Ph.D.-serts & Cakes

Tampa, FL View map

Ph.D-serts & Cakes will cater to your every cake wish to make your show-stopping sweets for all of your life’s celebrations! We work with each client to match flavors and cake designs to each individual. Are you a traditionalist and want a round white cake with white Swiss dots? Or are you fun and funky, wanting a pink and lime green topsy turvy cake? Either way, we can help you create the cake of your dreams!

Melanie Judge, the Cake Doctor, has been decorating cakes since 2008. She discovered her passion during her graduate studies at the University of Florida. Ironically, she was pursuing a Ph.D. in biomedical research, studying obesity. As a stress reliever, she began by taking Wilton Method courses at Michael’s Craft Stores and was offered a teaching position the month after she finished the courses. Because her thirst for knowledge is not easily quenched, she scoured the public library shelves for cake decorating books and learned more advanced techniques, like extension work and gum paste flowers, on her own. Melanie thrives in competition, and in her short career she has won four Best of Shows, eight 1st Places, one 2nd Place, two 3rd Place, one Decorators’ Choice, and two Crowd’s Favorite prizes. She has been featured in many publications, including the American Cake Decorating Magazine, Mailbox News, the International Cake Exploration Society (ICES) newsletter, and the Land O' Lakes Lutz Area (LOLA) News from your Neighborhood. Her beautiful Gender Reveal Cakes have even been featured on the Fox 13 news (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20110055/2012/11/15/baby-reveal-parties)!

We look forward to hearing from you today! Give us a call at (813) 344-6974 or email us at phdserts@gmail.com.

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$5.00

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Setup

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• User2167215 2+ years ago
    I fell in love with her cakes when I saw the pictures. When we met with her she had MANY samples to taste and ALL were delicious. The was amazing! It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Not only did it look beautiful but it was also delicious! Thank you!
    Halie Married on 05/09/2015
    Ph.D.-serts & Cakes provided a fun cookie cake for our rehearsal dinner and a beautiful wedding cake for our reception. The design and taste of both cakes were fantastic! Melanie is super sweet and was so great to work with throughout the planning process. I would definitely love to use Ph.D.-serts again for future special events.
    Stacey Married on 11/22/2014
    I don't even know where to begin when it came to my wedding cake and service from Melanie. First, I must note that Melanie took on my order even though she was going to be 8 months or so pregnant on my wedding weekend! She worked with me to make the most perfect cake- the middle tier design was a TWIN to the Italian lace on my dress. We had white almond, red velvet and carrot cake for the three tier cake, and also funfetti cupcake to go along the side. I must also mention that there were a couple of really unique icing ideas to go with the cakes- including berry flavors which would be great for a Spring wedding! All the flavors were magnificent and the top tier came off easily and was packaged for keeping until our 1 year. The attention to detail and taste were magnificent! All of our guests "oo'ed and ahh'ed at how lovely it looked and enjoyed eating it too! This was one area of my wedding where I had 0 stress- perfection!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Tampa
Location of (Ph.D.-serts & Cakes)

Other vendors in Tampa for your wedding