6 E Market Street , Red Hook, NY, Red Hook, NY 12571 Map · Phone number

About Petals and Moss

Nancy J. Lee is an event and commercial floral designer based in the Hudson Valley of NY.

A horticulturist for over 25 years, she believes in using seasonal blooms and foliage available from local growers.

Her aesthetic is wild and natural and personalized for everyone she works with. Offerings in both Fresh and Dried florals are available. We offer a full range of services from traditional wedding packages to full scale installations. No request is too large or small!

Follow Petals and Moss on

Petals and Moss 2
Petals and Moss 3

Abbi · Married on 11/17/2018

The Absolute BEST

Nancy, what a godsend! My husband and I had a vision...a vision we couldn't see but we knew what it was. We wanted something different but still very chic and lush. We envisioned honoring late fall with an "ode to stick season" feel to our wedding. We wanted everything dried. A challenge! We had a few florists snub our idea and the down from the heavens came Nancy. I showed her a few pictures of the feel we wanted and tried to explain without there being a plethora of examples out there. And let me tell you, from the first meeting she was as excited about our vision as we were. With practically no clear guidance (we moved across the country months before the wedding) she was able to take our jumbled, vague idea and execute it beyond our imagination.

We were awestruck by what we saw on our wedding day. She created the most amazing dried florals for our wedding. They were unbelievable. If she can do that with dried florals imagine what she can do with lush greenery and fresh flowers at her disposal. She is the most creative floral designer out there. And she is incredibly responsive and nice to boot.

Examples:
    - I was adamant I didn't want my girls to carry florals. Come wedding day they weren't having that. With zero notice she was able to pull together 5 amazing bouquets that morning
    - She invited us to her shop and spent over an hour walking around the store picking out things we liked so she could get an idea of what we liked
    - I fell in love with my florals and she told me how to pack them and ship them and is even sending one of the amazing hanging orbs she made out west.

Believe us, you WANT to work with Nancy. She will be the best vendor you have and make you feel like the most important client when you are with her. No one surpasses the ease of working with her and the high caliber of her work.

As for the cost, her work could easily cost double, triple. It is that GOOD. Ladies, gents SNAP HER UP while she's available for you day. Trust us, you will absolutely not regret it. We will beg you to hire her haha :).

Nancy...we thank you and will think of you every time we see the florals in our living room. We look forward to picking up more bouquets and florals whenever we are in NY (Ps, my mother in law still has a little bouquet of dried flowers and lavender on her coffee table I bought before we left!)

Sent on 11/25/2018

Petals and Moss's reply:

Wow, tears in my eyes, I am so glad I nailed this one, it was a challenge and a welcomed one, I love dried florals, and vintage vessels and creative inspiration. Thank you both for allowing me to run with this and create your special day!
    Working on shipping your "orb", will be in touch. Happy Life you two, there is so much ahead of you :)

Derek Errigo · Married on 10/20/2018

Nancy is the BEST!

Nancy was such a pleasure to work with!! She came highly recommended and she did not disappoint one bit. As someone who knows very little about flowers and floral arrangements, Nancy guided us the entire way! Nancy has such a good eye and helped us pick flowers that were both in season and fit our vision. Nancy even made sure to visit our venue to ensure that we had enough arrangements and to better understand the venue. The bridesmaid bouquets were stunning and she even suggested a modern alternative to a corsage - a beautiful gold bangle with fresh flowers.

Nancy helped us pick beautiful flowers, and made unique arrangements, which included both fresh and dried flowers. Nancy made sure to get to know us and help make our arrangements special. As a couple who loves beer, she incorporated hops into my husband's boutonniere and my bouquet! When we worried about having enough flowers on our farm-style tables, Nancy helped any way she could! She helped us obtain burlap to dress up our tables, and suggested using greenery on the tables. Nancy was always cognizant of our budget and made sure that we stayed within our pricing.

We couldn't have been happier to work with Nancy - our flowers were absolutely beautiful and she was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 04/21/2019
    Petals and Moss 4
    Petals and Moss 5
    Petals and Moss 6
  • Emily

Emily Mauch · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful Flowers & Great People

Nancy and her team at Petals and Moss were so easy to work with, creative, and kind. Nancy was open to hearing my "vision" for flowers but also willing to give input which I greatly appreciated. She has a great eye for creating something special. My family did a lot of DIY for decorations and the flowers provided were the perfect compliment. Nancy worked with us to decorate our arbor, flowers for the aisles, bridal party bouquets, groom boutonniere, and table centerpieces. Everything came out beautifully! We received many compliments throughout the day and afterward. I took my wedding bouquet on our honeymoon with us! It kept me smiling reminiscing about the day and it smelled so good!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Petals and Moss's reply:

It was such a pleasure to see your family and Codys', both involved in making your day a special one. I loved your aesthetic from the start, and loved working with you all. Happy Life together forever. !!

Petals and Moss FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 165.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 85.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 18.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 95.00
  • What is the average price for an elevated table arrangement (per arrangement)? $ 115.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 2,544.00
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Classic, Glamorous, Modern, Romantic, Rustic, Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit, Wholesale/Bulk

• 6 E Market Street , Red Hook, NY Red Hook, NY, 12571 See on map