Peculiar Pair Press

Oakland, CA View map

Amy and Mary Beth are a pair of accomplished graphic designers who share a love for fine printing and are addicted to everything paper. Each earned their BFA in graphic design, and then independently decided to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area, Amy from the lone star state of Texas and Mary Beth from New York. Eventually, their paths crossed while working in the same design department at a major corporation. As the years passed in corporate America and their creative genius became trapped, they realized a drastic change was needed, and fast! Each afternoon, over their still favorite cups of earl grey tea, they imagined a better life in design.

As luck would have it, the drastic change came in the form of downsizing, and they were soon free to build their dreams into a reality! With freedom came long drives up to Chandon and impromptu vacations to Mexico. On the plane back from Sayulita, Peculiar Pair Press was born.

As educated graphic designers, we have combined our sensibilities to create a look of our own. Our love of paper and respect for the letterpress process contributes to a final product that we hope stands above the rest.

What invitation and card products do you offer?

Catalog Invitations
Custom Invitations

What services do you provide?

Assembly
Design
Letterpress
Printing
4.7
    Majandra Married on 10/06/2007
    Working with Peculiar Pair Press was truly the highlight of my event. I cannot wait to find another reason to work together again. I am obsessed with the world of invitations and can tell you that throughout my many experiences with designers and stationers, nothing compares to the enchanted world that is Peculiar Pair Press.
    Amalauna Married on 12/18/2009
    I loved Peculiar Pair. Mary Beth worked with me. She really listened. The invitations were beautiful and wonderful!!!

I adored the invitations and got many compliments on them.
    Emily Married on 10/04/2008
    Amy made our invitations, menus, program jackets, and other stationery items. We did a lot of back-and-forth over the design and she was responsive and accomodating. Her designs were creative and fresh and we were very happy with the end result.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Nancy Liu Chin Designs Nancy Liu Chin Designs Wedding Florists

Detailed, artistic, creative. One of the most sought after invitation designer. In the hands of Amy, your invitations are one of a kind. The designs are so lovely, I would never want to throw a PPP invitation away. Just gorgeous!

Michelle Walker Photography Michelle Walker Photography Wedding Photographers

Peculiar Pair Press's designs are fresh, innovative, and unique. Their letterpress technique is perfect - not only do I refer them to all my clients, I use them for all my own stationery!

A Savvy Event A Savvy Event Wedding Planners

Peculiar Pair Press is AMAZING! Their creativity is unbelievable! It is so fun to work with Peculiar Pair Press on designing wedding stationery! They listen, ask all the right questions and then put it all together to create some of the most beautiful, original wedding stationery you have ever seen! Mary Beth & Amy are fantastic and we highly recommend them...they complete your wedding!

467 38th Street Oakland, 94609

By Appointment Only
Location of (Peculiar Pair Press)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding