548 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 Map · Phone number

About Nancy Liu Chin Designs

Can falling in love lead to a new career? It did for San Francisco-based floral designer Nancy Liu Chin, who was inspired to change careers from marketing and retail merchandising to floral design after planning her wedding. Nancy Liu Chin brings to floral design a much needed, refreshing sense of style and sophistication. Her signature creations embody a flirty, yet refined charm bursting with luxurious colors and breathtaking beauty. Nancy's distinctive arrangements are unmatched, with unique and personal touches that truly speak for themselves. Nancy helps her clients translate their vision into reality, whether it's an intimate garden wedding for 20 or an opulent modern affair for 200.

A wedding created by Nancy Liu Chin Designs (NLCD) is a blend of modern chic, updated elegance and whimsical details. It reflects her personal belief that weddings echo a couple's personality, style and modern sensibilities.

Nancy Liu Chin Designs is committed to creating an exceptional experience for clients from start to finish. With an emphasis in timeless and graceful designs, superior quality, unrivaled attention to details and top-notch customer service, NLCD has become one of the most sought-after floral designers in the San Francisco Bay Area. NLCD's floral work has been featured in countless publications including Martha Stewart Weddings, San Francisco Magazine, Town and Country Magazine, Sunset Magazine, 7 x 7 Magazine, The Knot, BRIDES, Today's Bride and Style Me Pretty. In 2017, Nancy was included on the Knot 100 list of the most influential and inspiring wedding vendors in the nation.

Apart from her work, Nancy is an avid reader who loves to try new recipes enjoys grooming her adorable Bichon, Rocco and Liu Liu and frequently travels around the world with her fantastic photographer husband, Kevin. Together Nancy, Kevin and their dogs call SOMA their home though in her heart, she's an East Bay girl(go Bears!).

Follow Nancy Liu Chin Designs on

• Details by Design Events
  • Green Petal Designs
  • Sally Sparks Flowers & Design
993c92c4b170b759 Digital Photos 0076
Nancy Liu Chin Designs
beautiful ring box with flowers by Nancy Liu Chin Designs with Image by Jasmine Lee
a3e83e4b0452d39d 1523756429 07b0923385d553d0 1523756414376 4 Digital Photos 000
Florals by Nancy Liu Chin Designs with Image by Jasmine Lee
Florals by Nancy Liu Chin Designs Cake by Pretty Please Bakeshop with Image by Jasmine Lee
30cc218696074413 1523756484 47d240041bf7fbfc 1523756463567 7 Megan Lane 1428
c881e3ac0e92963e 1523756514 36c6cfb9d15c50bd 1523756474948 8 Megan Lane 1436
ea3648fe3910061d 1523756540 310ef4fc2e8968c5 1523756525899 11 11132017 NLC 015
993c92c4b170b759 Digital Photos 0076

26 Reviews for Nancy Liu Chin Designs

Trish · Married on 12/03/2016

We live in Florida but had our wedding in San Francisco, where we got engaged! We had to find a professional florist to design our wedding bouquets and boutonnières solely on reviews since we live across the country. We could not have hired a better florist! She designed our flowers exactly like the photos I sent her and she always responded to my emails quickly. She delivered our bouquets and boutonnières on time for our wedding day and followed up on how we like them. Our wedding photos will look amazing because of her work and we are so happy we found her!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Amy · Married on 08/27/2016

Not that Nancy needs any additional rave reviews because she is so clearly known to be fabulous, but I can't help but join her fanbase! I was planning a last-minute wedding and of course intended it to be casual, low-key event, and a (very talented) friend was planning to do the flowers. However, Nancy was the florist for my sister's wedding and did such an amazing job (let's just say friends and families talked about it for years to follow), my mom insisted that we hire Nancy. The first signs of Nancy's dedication--and kind, warm, generous spirit-- was that she had actually given her staff that weekend off but agreed to the job, AND was willing to travel to Lake Tahoe for it. She was also amazing at respecting my preferences despite my mom having somewhat of a different vision. Just after a couple conversations, I could tell Nancy understood me, so I trusted her experience and talent to do whatever she wanted--and the result blew me away!

Perhaps the only downside to having Nancy is that the flowers may have upstaged me as the bride! Guests were stunned by how gorgeous the flowers and arrangements were--how many times did I hear, "Congratulations! You look beautiful! And your flowers are amazing!!!" The flowers singlehandedly turned my wedding from casual to classy in a way that I didn't think was possible. Nancy managed to stay true to the more rustic theme, but put a certain glow and sparkle into the decor that made everything magical. In addition to what she had planned, after arriving at the location and seeing the space, she added special unique touches that only a true artist can do. My wedding coordinator said that she had never seen a florist show so much dedication and stay so long at a site to make sure every detail was attended to. Truly, everything was perfect.

So, once again, mom was right! She made our wedding day more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 11/05/2016

VIOLA · Married on 11/14/2015

Hands down Nancy Liu Chin is the best in SF. She is highly sought after and books a year in advance! My wedding was in Carmel Valley at Bernardus Lodge and Spa. Nancy's team was on time and took care of everything. The flowers were well beyond my expectations. She is extremely talented and pays attention to every detail. The arrangements were so grandeur, breath taking and beautiful. I had several people tell me that it was the best arrangements that they have seen at a wedding. Nancy executed my vision exactly and as Nancy does best, exceeded my expectations. It's been 3 weeks since the wedding and my bouquet is still sitting in the refrigerator as I still smile when I see it. I still have flowers in my bathroom and around the house that are still living too! Her flowers are of the best quality and she does not and will not cut corners. I highly recommend Nancy and her team. Nancy is a professional event designer so she can carry out your vision to the fullest! I couldn't have been happier as everything was perfect.

Sent on 12/04/2015

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Nancy Liu Chin Designs FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 350.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 125.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 25.00
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 300.00
    $ 400.00
    $ 15000
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Glamorous
    Modern
    Preppy
    Romantic
    Rustic
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor
    Flower Crowns
    Non-Floral

• Patisserie Angelica
    Patisserie Angelica Wedding Cakes

I am always excited when a bride tells me that Nancy Lui Chin is doing the flowers. I know that the flowers will be blow away because that is what she does!

• Professional Makeup Artistry
    Professional Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

"Beautiful and unique" -- Maria Chang of PMA

• B.R. Cohn Winery
    B.R. Cohn Winery Winery Weddings

As we can say is Wow! Nancy has impeccable taste and such a joy to work with. We always love working with Nancy Liu Chin Designs! Everything is always (effortlessly) perfected to a Tee. :0)

• 548 5th Street San Francisco, 94107 See on map
    By Appointment Only - Tuesday through Friday. Closed Mondays. Unavailable Weekends.