Redlands, CA 92374 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About Otherwise Strings

Otherwise Strings, founded in 1999 by Mari Mizutani and Mark McConnell, started as a
guitar and violin duo. We are now a network of professional musicians that perform
regularly. We cater the ensemble to fit your needs, from string duos, trios, and quartets to
several combinations that make your event memorable. Our repertoire includes Classical
standards, Jazz, Broadway showtunes, arrangements of popular tunes and much, much,
more.
In addition to having an extensive Classical music library, we boast one of the
largest collection of popular music.

To round out your music needs for your event, contact us to book the highly acclaimed
Otherwise Jazz. This is your one-stop-shop for music!

We also offer amplification services for your event. Please click here to access our
Otherwise Sound page.

For a life-long memory, special music can be composed for your event, along with audio
recording services.

os2
OS5
Our traditional string quartet
Violin, cello, and guitar trio.  Perfect for the outdoor garden wedding!
Violin, cello, and guitar trio. Perfect for the outdoor garden wedding!
os1
os2
OS5

• Videos 1

7 Reviews for Otherwise Strings

Katrina · Married on 10/27/2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about "Otherwise Strings"! Beautiful music, affordable pricing, and very friendly people.

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • MrsHarris

Jamie · Married on 03/17/2012

We booked Otherwise Strings for our March 2012 wedding. Mari was great to work from beginning to end. A huge snowstorm came in on the day of my wedding and I was so worried my vendors would not make it, but Mari and her partner were there. They were on time, professional and played wonderfully. The music was so elegant and really made my ceremony. I would definitely recommend Otherwise Strings to any bride!

Sent on 04/09/2012

SHARON · Married on 05/07/2011

We worked with Otherwise Strings for our wedding and are so happy with their services! We had a string trio perform at the ceremony and the cocktail hour, and it was absolutely beautiful! The strings added such a nice touch to our wedding. Mari was so easy to work with. She was very responsive, friendly, and personable. She answered all my questions, and and gave me some great song suggestions. Otherwise Strings also has a large collection of pop/contemporary songs which our guests really enjoyed. Our wedding would not have been the same without Otherwise Strings. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/10/2011

Otherwise Strings FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 250.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Orchestra, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Guitar, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs

• Redlands, 92374 See on map