591 Market Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32095 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Once Upon A Stylist

Once Upon a Stylist is THE go to girl for all of your wedding day hair needs, known for doing onsite wedding hair where the Bridal party can take comfort in being in familiar settings. Or Once Upon a stylist is home based in Historic San Marco and can host large bridal parties right there in the salon!!! We also LOVE destination weddings and traveling to wherever you choose to say the big "I DO"...

Follow us on Twitter @onceuponstylist and Instagram @onceuponastylist

Once Upon A Stylist 6
Once Upon A Stylist 7

Dina · Married on 04/12/2019

Flawless Wedding Day Hair

Mandi is the absolute best in the business. If you're looking for wedding day hair, or hair for any occasion, look no further - book with Mandi and you'll be so thrilled with the result!

I am so tremendously blessed to have met Mandi! She is such a kind and compassionate spirit, and she is so talented at all things hair! I have very thick, curly hair (I'm Ethiopian, so picture VERY thick hair) and Mandi worked magic on my hair! She flat ironed my hair, curled it, and then we tried two different up-dos before settling on a beautiful low bun.

On my wedding day, my mom, sister, God-mother and I came by the salon at 8 AM, our scheduled time to have our hair done, and I found a coffee waiting for me. Seriously, she's just so thoughtful and sweet. Even though Mandi had another wedding to head to immediately after our session, she took the time to stop by the coffee shop and ensure that I was properly caffeinated on my big day. So thoughtful!

Hours after we had left the salon, I received a text from Mandi asking me how my hair was holding up, and if she should swing by our venue and do a touch up before the reception! This blew me away! We didn't need to do a touch up because my hair stayed in place, thanks to Mandi's flawless styling! I was so impressed by this, because our ceremony was outside by the beach and there was quite a lot of wind, but Mandi's styling was so perfect that everything stayed in place.

Beyond this, it was such an honor to get to know Mandi and to get to listen to her story. The day I left her salon, I left with two things. Stunning hair, that's for sure. But I also left the salon feeling encouraged and filled with hope. Thank you Mandi, for giving me the encouragement I didn't know I needed, and for making my hair so beautiful on my wedding day! I just can't thank you enough!

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Once Upon A Stylist 8
    Once Upon A Stylist 9
    Once Upon A Stylist 10
  • Catherine

Catherine Russell · Married on 03/09/2019

Mandi was great!

It was definitely hard planning the wedding from so far away (I live in DC, but got married in Gainesville, FL), but Mandi was great to work with throughout the process!

The hair trial, for me, was essential. I have baby fine, straight hair that I feel can be difficult to work with because it just wants to go back to being straight and flat. Mandi was so welcoming and flexible - she really put me at ease. In the trial, she tried multiple looks for me and my mom. I was pretty set on the up-do from the beginning, but my mom was on the fence, so seeing the other options - which are a little more like what she is used to seeing me do with my hair - was tremendously helpful and brought her around to my way of thinking!

I really appreciate that Mandi took my vague idea and made me look truly stunning! I told my (now) wife that she’s going to have to learn how to braid my hair like that because it looked AMAZING and I want to do my hair like that next time I have a fancy event to attend. I feel like I looked older (in a good, sophisticated way), and it was a relief to not have to worry about my hair falling in my face, or blowing around.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Courtney · Married on 11/17/2018

Mandi and her team are THE BEST!

Mandi and her team were AWESOME! They were so friendly, easy going, and so fast! My bridesmaids, Mom, and I all looked great for my wedding day. I felt a sense of ease with Mandi and her team - I trusted them and would not have changed a thing! Hire them -- they are the best.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Once Upon A Stylist FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 55.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 55.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 195.00
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Spa, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Relaxer, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 45

Real Weddings

• Amber Veatch Designs
    Amber Veatch Designs Wedding Planners

I always know that Mandi and her team are going to arrive on time and finish with time to spare which is so important when you're on a tight wedding day timeline.Most importantly she always does a beautiful job and is so fun and relaxing to be around. I highly recommend her to all of my brides!

• Emily Burton Designs
    Emily Burton Designs Wedding Planners

I recently needed my hair styled in a vintage look for my new website stylized photo shoot. I hired Once Upon A Stylist, and could not have been happier. I printed out a picture of a specific Vintage Wave Hairstyle and when Mandi got finished, it look identical to the picture that I gave her! It was absolutely stunning!!! She is professional and personably all at the same time. I will definitely be using her again & highly recommend her. Thanks again for making my hair stunning! I got so many compliments on it and I adored it.

• Carrie Wilson Makeup
    Carrie Wilson Makeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

I really enjoy working with Mandi. She is so talented and has such a sweet and calming personality. Every time I refer her to a client, they are ALWAYS happy with the results.

• 591 Market Street Saint Augustine, 32095 See on map