Once Upon A Stylist Reviews

Once Upon A Stylist 5
Once Upon A Stylist 6
Once Upon A Stylist 7

Courtney · Married on 11/17/2018

Mandi and her team are THE BEST!

Mandi and her team were AWESOME! They were so friendly, easy going, and so fast! My bridesmaids, Mom, and I all looked great for my wedding day. I felt a sense of ease with Mandi and her team - I trusted them and would not have changed a thing! Hire them -- they are the best.

• Kimmy

Kimmy · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect hair for a perfect day!

Mandi did such an incredible job for my bridesmaids, mom, & I! Everyone’s hair looked absolutely amazing, and she has such great ideas for braids and twists to make hair look even more beautiful. I also bought hair extensions and she took the time to put them in and curl them. Thank you Mandi for making me look so beautiful on my wedding day :)

Once Upon A Stylist 8
    Once Upon A Stylist 9
    Once Upon A Stylist 10
    Once Upon A Stylist 11
    Once Upon A Stylist 12
    Once Upon A Stylist 13

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2018

Mandi came to my destination wedding in the Bahamas and did a FABULOUS job with my hair and my guest's hair. She was so meticulous with every detail and is certainly a pro. I recommend her to every bride I know! My guests raved about how much they loved their styles. Mandi is the best in the business and she books up fast and far in advance so don't hesitate! Thank you Mandi!

Once Upon A Stylist 14

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2018

I hired Mandi to do my hair for my wedding, and it was one of the best decisions I made! I actually discovered Mandi at a bridal expo. I feel very lucky that I did! She was very professional and worked with me to help plan a time for our hair trial. As soon as the trial was over, I paid her in full knowing that I needed her to be the one to do my wedding hair! Not only did she answers all of my questions and concerns along the way.. she also offered her own opinions and expert advice until I was completely satisfied. I've never received so many compliments on my hair! She also did 7 of my bridesmaids hair and finished with time to spare. Everyone looked absolutely stunning. She was able to tweak everyone's style a little to make sure it fit with their face shape and their hair length. While we were putting my hair up I told her it was hers to make how she wanted, and we ended up cutting a few of the pieces in front of my face to make it lay better. That is serious customer service. Hire her, she is worth every penny!

Stacy · Married on 01/13/2018

Mandi is amazing! She did hair for me, 4 bridesmaids and my mom for my wedding, and everyone's hair was stunning. My hair was half up half down, the bridesmaids decided to all do the same style based on a mix of two picutres they had, and my mom's hair was short and down. At my trial, I decided to do something with all of my hair to the side because I was worried about the curls falling by the end of the night. Last minute, on the day of my wedding, I decided to have my hair half up, half down. The curls stayed from 11am when Mandi did my hair until the end of the night! I was so thrilled with everyone's hair, and Mandi was a joy to work with. I would use Mandi again, and I'd definitely recommend her for anyone's wedding!

Once Upon A Stylist 15
  • Angel

Angel · Married on 12/02/2017

I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to Mandi! I felt like a princess haha My hair stayed put ALL night! She also did an amazin job on my mom's hair and my bridesmaids. I had an updo, my mom had half up, and my bridesmaids had a mixture of half up and just down. She did an amazing job on everyone. She is also so sweet and responsive. Prices for wedding hair are a little pricey but well worth the money! I would certainly book Mandi for my wedding day all over again!

Angelina · Married on 11/18/2017

Mandy was a sweetheart! She was very accommodating and worked me in last minute around her personal schedule to fit me in:) She was very talented and such a pleasure to be around! I was truly lucky to have found her! Not many can do a 40's hairstyle but she knew her craft:) My hair was down and curls stayed in place all night! I would absolutely recommend her to everyone! Thank you Mandy! Hope to work with you again for more pictures!

Emily · Married on 10/21/2017

If you want to look like you just walked out of Bride Magazine, please book Mandi! She is absolutely incredible and made not only me, but my 5 bridesmaids look like models! She is so creative and can make everyone look so different yet cohesive. Very sweet, super accommodating, and just the best all around! 10 stars! Highly recommend!!

Once Upon A Stylist 16

Lori · Married on 03/18/2017

We were referred by another happy bride to Amanda Lane Vereen from Once Upon a Stylist. She made my daughter's wedding day wishes come true with her gorgeous wedding hair!! On the biggest day of her life, it's important to have the right person! Amanda was an absolute delight! She created exactly what Sarah wanted! There's no words to describe the beauty and how perfect her hair looked in her photos! For years to come, her photos will be cherished!! Thank you Amanda Lane Vereen for sharing your talents and happy smile with us!! We are forever grateful!!??Lori Holding Mother of the Bride??????

Lauren · Married on 12/18/2016

Mandi is absolutely wonderful!! I did a lot of research when it came to hair and make up for my wedding and I can honestly say I couldn't have picked better. After never really liking how my hair has turned out in past weddings, I was very nervous about my wedding hair. I found Mandi online and reached out to her because every picture I saw of her work I was blown away. I ended up booking both her and Jill Stonier and in October 2016 I had my hair and make up trial. This was the first time that I met Mandi and she is just the sweetest. She made me feel very relaxed and I had a ton of fun getting to know her during my trial. I was absolutely in LOVE with my hair and it was exactly what I was picturing when I thought of my wedding hair with my veil. I got married on December 18, 2016 and when the morning of my wedding came I was very excited for them both to arrive at my hotel. The entire morning was so relaxing and my bridesmaids and I absolutely loved our experience with Mandi. My hair turned out perfectly and it stayed in all night which usually never happens with my hair either!!! I could go on and on about how much I recommend Mandi because she was just a joy to work with and is so beyond talented.
    Thank you a million times for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day <3

Jessica · Married on 11/26/2016

Mandi, with Once Upon a Stylist, was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was incredibly quick with responding to emails with my questions and very flexible with setting my trial appointment time as I was an out of town Bride and only in Jacksonville for a short period of time. I was able to explain what I wanted and she executed it with absolute perfection! I could not have been more in love with my hair on my wedding day and it held the whole entire night in perfect condition. She was so accommodating while we were getting ready, suggested an amazing playlist, and handled 14 women's hair like a true Pro! I would highly recommend Once Upon a Stylist to any bride for her big day! Thanks Mandi for making me feel and look gorgeous! <3

Hannah · Married on 11/19/2016

She is seriously the BEST! I had super long straight and she worked magic!

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2016

Mandy is as kind as she is talented. My look at the trial was exactly what I wanted and she made it happen exactly like that for the day of my wedding. She's super quick and brought a great energy to the room on my wedding day. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

• F

Ferrin · Married on 10/22/2016

I do not know where to begin. Mandi is absulely amazing! She and her team made me feel and look like a princess the day of my wedding. From our very first trial Mandi was the sweetest. I showed her one photo of my dream hair style and she made my vision come to life. Thank you so much Mandi, you were the best!!!!!!

Mandi was amazing! I could not have asked for someone better to do my hair for my big day!

Mandi was the absolute best! I cannot say enough kind words about her! She made my wedding day so fun and enjoyable, she is a wonderful addition to a room filled with nervs and excitement! My hair was exactly what I wanted, she is SUPER fast and got everyone done and made them all beautiful.

Lily · Married on 08/07/2016

Mandi was amazing! She came in, worked SUPER quickly, and managed to make our hair look gorgeous. I was in LOVE with my hair and all I had to do was show her a few pictures beforehand to give her an idea of what I was looking for. It stayed all night long and managed to look flawless even by the end of the night!

Judy · Married on 07/23/2016

If you are looking for someone who is truly gifted and talented at making your wedding day exactly what you were hoping for, you will find it at Once Upon a Stylist with Mandi. She truly knows how to make a bride beautiful and feel special on her Big Day! Best Wishes!

chrissy · Married on 07/16/2016

I spent months trying to figure out exactly how I wanted to wear my hair for my big day, and it took Mandi literally seconds to pin down the perfect look for me. She is absolutely incredible at her job and curls hair with such ease, that she probably deserves a gold medal. It also doesn't hurt that she is such a sweet person and so attentive to the needs of each member of your bridal party. I got married in St. Augustine in July and my hair maintained perfection throughout the day. Mandi is fabulous and I could not recommended her anymore!

Brenda · Married on 05/07/2016

Where do I begin! Mandi was a life saver for my wedding! I was so unsure of what I wanted and Mandi not only did a great job but she exceeded my expectations! I have straight hair and I wanted curls for my wedding, I told Mandi that curls never stay long so I asked if she could come back right before my reception to touch up my hair and also change my hairstyle a bit. Not only did my curls stay through my ceremony but stayed the entire night! I look at my wedding photos and cannot believe my hair stayed put even through all the dancing and being outside for photos. She does amazing work and she is so sweet! I recommend her to every bride! she did updo's for the moms and they looked beautiful! She does great work and I'm so happy she was available for my special day! Don't go to anyone else, book Mandi!! You won't regret it

Kelli · Married on 04/23/2016

Mandi is so sweet to work with and defiantly loves the work that she does! She took an idea of what I wanted and turned into my dream hair on my wedding day. Very easy to work with through the whole process of trial hair to the big day. I was the typical bride saying that my hair doesn't ever hold a curl, but Mandi proved me wrong! Thank you so much for being the best!

Kelli · Married on 04/23/2016

Mandi is the best!! She loves what she does and is so professional with it but so friendly at the same time. I literally just showed her a picture from Pinterest of the hair style that I liked the most and in the trial in less than 30 minutes made it happen and even better than the picture! She is so quick with doing amazing hair and making sure that you love it. I was the typical girl that say "my hair never holds a curl" and she proved me wrong! My hair held the entire night and even into the next day. If you want the best, go with Mandi at Once Upon a Stylist, you will not regret it!

Dana · Married on 04/09/2016

Mandi was a sincere pleasure to work with from the very beginning of correspondence with her. I booked her well in advance because she's the best in Jacksonville hands down. I had a large bridal party and all my ladies loved how their hair looked. She made me look so special on my wedding day. She adds an extra special experience to the one day you want to feel the most beautiful.

PRE-WEDDING HAIR TRIAL:Mandi is so sweet and talented! I went in with a picture of my wedding dress and looks for my hair that I knew I DIDN'T want, since I couldn't find anything online that I loved to bring to her. We played around with ideas, and she came up with the perfect updo that is so me and is perfect for the look I was going for with my dress. She's also one of those people who makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Totally recommend her!

POST WEDDING REVIEW: Mandi is one of a kind when it comes to doing hair. When I saw her for the first time about doing my wedding day hairstyle I didn’t go in knowing exactly what I wanted, only what I DIDN’T want/like. We worked together and came up with a stunning hairstyle that was perfect and better than what I could have imagined. I had to put my dress on over my head, I literally danced ALL night long at our reception, had a veil fastened into my hairstyle and removed, and I NEVER had to respray hairspray, fix any bobbypins that were coming out, or repin loose curls. She did just a good a job on my three bridesmaids. Their hair stayed perfect all night long through dancing all night too! I wish I lived in the area because I would go to Mandi for all things hair related for SURE. She is also so sweet and easy to talk to when she’s working her magic on you. I know it can be scary choosing someone to do your hair on your wedding day, but you can’t go wrong with Mandi. She will collaborate with you so you get the EXACT look you want. You wont regret going with her!

Sarah · Married on 01/29/2016

I must have read reviews on dozens of hair stylists. I had a destination wedding and wasn't very familiar with St. Augustine vendors. My wedding coordinator recommend a certain hair stylist (whom I didn't go with) who had fantastic reviews. I looked through her website and honestly I was completely underwhelmed by the pictures I was seeing. So I asked my coordinator for another recommendation, again completely underwhelmed by these hairstylists. They all had 5 star reviews but I believe pictures speak for themselves. I combed through tons of different hair stylists in the St. Augustine/Jacksonville area. I read every review, all of these girls gushing about their hair stylists and seeing pictures of their hair. Again always underwhelmed. I became frustrated and finally asked my makeup artist, Jill Stonier, for a recommendation. Jill btw is absolutely amazing if you are looking for a quality/ amazing makeup artist. Jill recommended her business partner/hair counterpart Mandi from once upon a stylist. I was paying for my wedding on my own so I was trying to save money where I could. I saw Mandi's prices, which were a little bit higher than many of the other hair stylists. I considered for a second going with someone cheaper. Then I saw her work online and I immediately recognized why she was a little more expensive, it was because she was totally worth every penny. Her work was on a completely different level than anyone else. You know how when you go to a salon and they ask you do you want a junior level stylist, an advanced stylist or a master stylists (at least they do at aveda). Well she is like that. She may cost a little more but she is the master and she makes every other hair stylist look like a junior level hair stylist. I looked at her website and fell in love with every picture. Everyone looked completely amazing after she was done. I cannot say enough good things about Jill and Mandi. They are absolutely amazing in every way. Thank you Mandi for everything