Ohio Statehouse

Columbus, OH View map Visit website

A Historical Downtown Location

The Ohio Statehouse, with its obvious grandeur, is available to serve as your perfect wedding location – an experience that will be unparalleled. The Ohio Statehouse is available for your ceremony, reception or both!

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4500.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$4500.00

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$3500.00

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$3500.00

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Event Planning
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Government Building
Historic Building
Museum

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Event Planner

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

4.7
    Temi Married on 07/29/2017
    The statehouse is such a beautiful venue! I had my wedding there and it could not have gone any better. The best part of the venue is who it came with - SOPHIE CHASE! Sophie was absolutely AMAZING. I am still in awe as to how she was able to nail my day. She came to our meetings always prepared and eager to ensure that everything went according to the way it was supposed to flow. She was quick to respond back to emails (even when she was on vacation) and made awesome vendor recommendations. On the day, Sophie was like super woman. She ensured that we stuck to time and really helped us execute our traditional wedding so well, and was always there when I needed her. The best part was she always had a smile on her face and a positive spirit the whole night. It really helped ease any anxiety I may have had about the event. The statehouse was an absolutely gorgeous venue, and I would have my wedding there over and over again, especially Sophie is an integral part of the venue.
    Dawn Married on 06/17/2017
    Our daughter was married this past June and the reception was held at the Ohio Statehouse. It is such a beautiful, traditional, and historical place. Our guests continue to rave about how nice the Statehouse was for a wedding reception. The best part of the experience is Sophie Chase, the coordinator at the Statehouse. For a year and a half - she worked with me and the bride and groom to make sure every detail was covered. She is a very pleasant person to work with, professional, and prompt in all her communications. She worked well with our day-of coordinator to ensure all the vendors were on time and had everything ready to go throughout the day/night. It was an amazing party and we are so happy they chose this venue for the celebration. I highly recommend using the Statehouse for a reception - you will not be disappointed!
    Lindsay Married on 06/25/2016
    We had our wedding reception at the Ohio Statehouse in June of 2016, and I honestly could not have asked for a better venue or experience throughout the entire planning process and the wedding day itself. The Statehouse is absolutely GORGEOUS, so not much needed to be done to the space. Cocktail hour was hosted in the rotunda and the reception was in the atrium; both spaces are unique yet extremely beautiful, grand, and obviously historic, which adds to the appeal. Our guests were impressed from the start!

I could go on and on about the venue itself and how truly impressive it is, but what really made it special was working with Sophie Chase, the Statehouse's wedding coordinator. She was ALWAYS so quick to respond to all of my emails (and there were a lot) and was always so patient, kind, understanding, and thorough with her responses. There is literally no need to hire your own wedding planner because Sophie is that good.

Sophie made sure to contact all of our other vendors prior to our wedding so my husband and I didn't need to worry about a thing that day. Because of Sophie, all of our vendors worked extremely well together, making our entire reception extremely seamless and run smoothly for my husband, myself, and our guests. She went above and beyond.

There are truly not enough positive things I can say about the Ohio Statehouse or Sophie. I've been to my fair share of weddings, and the Statehouse is by far the best venue in Columbus... Heart of downtown, unique, historical, breathtakingly gorgeous, AND it comes with an incredible wedding planner that is Sophie. Everything that I dreamed of for my wedding and more!

Pricing

Ohio Statehouse Price Rates

DJ Flair presents Music With Flair DJ Flair presents Music With Flair Wedding DJs

As someone who loves history, I also love this venue. Very nostalgic.

1 Capitol Square Columbus, 43215
614-756-5840
Location of (Ohio Statehouse)

Ohio Statehouse frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at Ohio Statehouse?

Ohio Statehouse includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Event Planning
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

What are the most important characteristics of Ohio Statehouse in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Ohio Statehouse for wedding events is known for:
  • Government Building
  • Historic Building
  • Museum

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Ohio Statehouse for wedding events?

Ohio Statehouse offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Ohio Statehouse offer?

Ohio Statehouse offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does Ohio Statehouse offer for wedding events?

Ohio Statehouse offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Event Planner

What percentage of users recommend Ohio Statehouse and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Ohio Statehouse is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.7 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in professionalism, 4.8 in quality of service, 4.7 in average response time, 4.6 in value and 4.5 in flexibility.

Other vendors in Columbus for your wedding

Wedding Venues