Orange, CT 06477 Map · Phone number

About OBrien Strings

Kate O'Brien, violinist and music arranger, provides delightful acoustic instrumental music at all types of ceremonies, parties and private events. She personalizes her enormous repertoire for you with classical, jazz, swing, ethnic, rock and folk music. Strolling violin, small ensembles, special music requests and joyful enthusiasm for every performance. Gentle amplification available, discounts offered for longer engagements.

• Suite Occasions

OBrien Strings 1
OBrien Strings 2
OBrien Strings 3

RUSHICKAH · Married on 07/01/2017

I loved working with Kate O'Brien! She was so helpful and was eager to assist in any way she could. She was also very experienced so she was able to discuss order of events and how she would proceed for the day of the wedding. Never for a second did I have to worry about her showing and performing well. Wow was she and the other two ladies she worked with amazing! They played beautifully, they even did the game of thrones theme song as we requested and our guests are still talking about it!!!! I would highly recommend O'Brien strings, their talent was beyond my expectations!

OBrien Strings 4
    OBrien Strings 5
    OBrien Strings 6
    Sent on 09/26/2017
  • Mara

Mara · Married on 10/08/2016

We had found Kate through research online and hearing her name from a couple of the other wedding vendors. We're so glad we booked her for our church ceremony. We ended up doing a quartet with strings and a trumpet and honestly, it was one of the best wedding decisions we made. The music set an amazing tone for the ceremony and their timing between songs and events was perfect. Working with Kate was wonderful, she was very responsive and receptive to the vision that I had for the music. When I didn't know what to do for the candle ceremony, she sent me a list of appropriate songs that were all perfect. I'm very happy with how the music turned out and would definitely recommend using O'Brien strings for your ceremony!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/18/2015

Kate played violin with an acoustic guitar player she uses for our ceremony music. She created such a romantic backdrop for our wedding. We did not use the traditional music for our ceremony but Kate was so great to work with and made it so easy to create a song list that reflected our personalities. She was very professional and is a talented musician. I would definitely recommend Kate.

Sent on 01/24/2016

OBrien Strings FAQ

• What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Flute
    Guitar
    Harp
    Piano
    Trumpet
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music