Nick's Place

• The Harper Event Venue
  • The Gathering Place at Darlington Lake

6 Reviews for Nick's Place

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

We still cannot get over how wonderful it was to have our wedding reception at Nick's Place. Katie made the entire planning process clear and simple. They were always incredibly accommodating, gave great advice, and were simply wonderful to work with. The personal touches throughout planning and on our wedding day did not go unnoticed, and were greatly appreciated. My husband had mentioned in passing that he loves asparagus, but we chose to go with the green beans for our wedding day. Yet, when the dinner plates were served, my husband had asparagus on his plate. A seemingly small gesture that speaks volumes for the care taken by Nick's Place to ensure our wedding was the best it could possibly have been. Our guests loved the food, and we heard many compliments on the level of service and kindness of everyone at Nick's Place.
    Nick's Place was great with helping us figure out the logistics of our wedding. We brought in our own alcohol, and Nick's Place was very helpful with my many questions regarding types, quantities, and where to purchase. We loved that we were able to come in the beginning of the wedding week to drop off all of our decorations and that Nick's Place set up everything perfectly. We used our laptop with their projector to play slideshows during our first dance and the father/daughter & mother/son dances. We would not hesitate to work with them in the future.
    Thank you to Katie and the Nick's Place family for being a part of the team that brought the wedding of our dreams to life!

Sent on 10/24/2016

We loved working with Nick's Place. This family-run venue gave excellent customer service, prepared delicious food, and maintained a beautiful location. Our ceremony was held on the patio which captured the serenity and grandeur of the great outdoors. Their customer service was just as impressive; they were responsive which was key since our planning occurred from out of town, they supported all ideas we had for decorations and setup, and were exceptionally attentive to the bride and groom throughout the planning process and the evening of. They also served as the glue throughout the evening keeping track of the time and scheduled events. The inn was perfect for the wedding party as it was seconds away, had nearby recreation, and provided a homey environment with its cozy rooms and an eating area where you could make your very own waffles! We recommend Nick's Place for your next event.

Sent on 05/07/2016

Overall, my husband and I could not be happier about our experience with the folks at Nick's Place. We planned our wedding from a different state and they were so great at making everything easy and seamless. Most of our pre-wedding plans were managed by wedding planners and the Nick's Place team worked great with my planners - often texting with immediate responses to questions. The NP team managed our day-of planning and did a wonderful job. I felt completely comfortable putting all of the small, last minute details in their hands. They worked with well with each of our vendors - which was a huge relief. The food was amazing and they were great throughout the reception. After the reception, they helped us pack everything up - I was so tired, and it was great to have them help all the way up until the final box of decorations. We rented out the Inn next door for our out of town guests, and that too was great. My in-laws loved the inn (I honestly think it was their favorite part of the event) and often talk about going back for a get-a-way. There were so many amazing details along the way I could talk about but overall, I'm so glad we went with Nick's Place!

Sent on 12/19/2015

• Edinboro, 16412 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Nick's Place)