801 Maple Ave, Richmond, VA 23226 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Nicki Metcalf Photography

Hi Friend!

My name is Nicki and I am a "Hokie" at heart but a James Madison graduate. I majored in Art with a concentration in photography and wouldn't have it any other way. It wasn't until I met my husband that I started my photography business and I am beyond grateful for him suggesting it. I am a "people person" and love stories so the fact that I get to document your story from beginning to end is such a delight and beyond fun for me. Speaking of stories, no couples journey is the same, that's why I love what I do. Because I get a little glimpse into your life and it's like no other. I get to hear the past, engage in the presence, and watch the future unfold. With all that combined, I step into your wedding day with an idea of who you are to fuel your images I capture. My work has a documentary style that is bright, mimicks film, and captures the small details that make up the big picture. I do a lite edit on images so they are as close to your memory as possible. I believe in the "candid" moments, but don't get me wrong, I won't leave you high and dry either. I will help guide you into the best possible poses that flatter you and your sweetie but also step back to let the natural essense of who you are and let it all unfold. It would be an honor to document your journey to the alter and create lasting memories you can look back on when you are older.

RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER

-I love vintage items and thrift stores

-My favorite drink is a Green Tea Frap from Starbucks

-I'm obsessed with dogs and have a labradoode named Hokie

-I'm a mamma to my sweet boy Tux

-I'm also an artist and paint abstract pieces

-My favorite movie is...well I have two- Forest Gump & A Christmas Story

-My husband and I are complete opposites (he is an engineer and I am super creative)

-I'm obsessed with all things California

-I have 90's music playing all the time and some Bob Marley too

Nicki Metcalf Photography 6
Nicki Metcalf Photography 7
  • Barb

Barb · Married on 01/20/2019

Found Your Virginia Photographer!

Nicki did an amazing job with our wedding. From our engagement session months in advance, to our photos of getting ready, the venues, and the ceremony and reception, Nicki captured the most beautiful moments that will forever remain with us.
    She is just the right blend of kindness, artistic flair, and talent. She has the warmest personality, a beautiful and good heart, and her eyes and hands work together to frame the most beautiful shots. I am so happy with her work, I would continue to recommend Nicki to my friends and I will continue to work with her in the future for any photos we want. Give this woman a call, you will not regret it.

Sent on 06/09/2019
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 8
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 9
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 10
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 11
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 12
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 13

Nicki Metcalf Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Barb! You words are very sweet and mean a lot. You two were a joy to work with! If your friends are as sweet as you I'll take em all!

Chris · Married on 11/17/2018

True Professional

Nicki did an outstanding job and made the whole experience easier than less stressful than I thought it would be. She was pregnant during the time of some our photos, and when she wasn’t able to make one of our appointments, found another excellent photographer to step in. There were no delays or setbacks, the communication with her was excellent, and I would hire her again if I were to ever need a photographer for another event.

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 25
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 26
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 27

Hi Chris!!
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so gracious for your understanding during that time when I had to step away from a session during pregnancy. But we made it happen and you got double the pictures! Hope you are enjoying married life. I hope to work with you all again!
    Best,
    Nicki

Niki · Married on 09/15/2018

Nicki was a dream to work with. From our first glance at her online portfolio, we were captivated by her documentary style and the way she captured the energy of each shot, both in black and white and in color.

We connected quickly and easily with Nicki first over a FaceTime call, and then by email and text. She was super sweet, extremely responsive, asked great questions and was flexible and compassionate when we the weather forced us to change our venue at the 11th hour to a place none of us had been before. She didn’t miss a beat and scoped out a new first look spot and set up the space for our family portraits.

We are super pleased with our engagement photos where she guided us in posing as well as captured our natural style, and shot a few fun ones where we were dancing. She also shot our rehearsal dinner and turned the photos around quickly! We are so thrilled with those and know that if they’re an indication of the wedding pics, we are going to love them!! We cannot wait to see the full online gallery, and are so excited for her to create our bound wedding album.

Thank you, Nicki!!

Sent on 09/20/2018
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 28
    Nicki Metcalf Photography 29

Hi Niki!
    From one Nicki to another- you all were amazing! Also, I can't tell you how much it touched me you bought my little man a book from San Fran - we read it all the time! Your wedding was beautiful and if you are ever in the area again I would love to see you all! Thank you for the kind words!
    Best,
    Nicki

Award

Nicki Metcalf Photography Pricing

Nicki Metcalf Photography Price Rates

Nicki Metcalf Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,400.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

• Transformations Artistry
    Transformations Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Nicki is such a ball of fun! Not only does she expertly capture meaningful moments, but she also creates a happy, joyful environment with any given group of people and makes photographing bridal parties seamless and thrilling!

• 801 Maple Ave Richmond, VA, 23226 See on map